Eauzone, Arabian Court of One&Only Royal Mirage, Dubai

• shuttle bus service
  • rooftop bar
  • rooftop terrace
  • heated pool
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • tennis court
  • kids club
  • babysitting
  • butler service

Another good trip to Dubai

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Went to Dubai on 1 july for 10 nights, this will be my 6 trip in 2 years to the UAE. booked it with my respectiful company Value Added Travel, spoke a bloke name of Bobby babs, he recommened this hotel, told me that they had free nights with free half board, the hotel was a 5 star luxury hotel, trust me he was not wrong, flew with Emirates took my wife and my son 10 year old, did not know what to expect cause of my son, but when we got there fell in love with the hotel straight away. As we got there there welcoming was excellent, did not feel i was in Dubai, the half board we got was excellent, we could go to any of the three properties restaurants to eat, the food was excellent, it is buffet but excellent, so many choices of food, did not know where to start and where to finish. i recommend this hotel for couples, familys and honeymooners this place is really good, got a lovely view of the palm island, my room was facing the sea, nice breeze in the mornings. staying at this hotel they gave free access to the water park at the Atlantis, took us there complimentary , really good, i would like to thank Value added travel for another real good holiday, espicailly bobby babs and Jake who booked my previous holday to this."

• Travel date: 15th July 2009

Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic........

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"Could not fault this holiday in anyway apart from the building works at palm island opposite the hotel beach. This spoils the view from the beach but is only temporary and will probably look as grand as everywhere else when it is finished! I consider my standards to be very high and this exceeded my expectations. If there was something I could add I would like tea making facilities in the room [Typically Britsh!] Whilst mentioning typically british, I am finding some of the reviews mentioning brits & Benidorm very offensive. The reviews actually do show that the British have far more manners than some as I have not seen a review written by a brit slating other nationalities in the way we are rudely & reguarly condemmed. On a lighter note THE MASHED POTATOES IN THE ARABIAN COURT BUFFET WAS TO DIE FOR !!!!!!!!!!!! Our party of 4 adults would like to say a big thank you to the amazing friendly and very helpful staff who made our 5 day stay so special. We will definately be back."

• Travel date: 30th June 2009

A 5* Hotel with 6* Service

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"Just arrived from after a week and half at the One & Only Royal Mirage Arabian Court Hotel. Great Hotel with great Restaurants. Stayed at the Palace last year (the sister hotel)and the are both equally good. Definately recommend the half board option. Also look out for 3 nights + 1 night free deals as it makes the trip far better value for money. Staff are fantastic from Gihan our room valet to Sam the beach assistant to all the guys at Nina Rest't. Absolutely A++. The only downside I can think of is that it can get a little noisy occasionally with the works going on at the adjacent car park site. (Should finish soon). I'm sure you will definately not be disappointed with this choice of hotel. I'm ready to go back! Sem from London."

• Travel date: 28th June 2009

Package Tour Nirvana

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"Our stay was 2 nights on the way back from the Maldives to UK, we wanted to stay elsewhere but left it late and took the agents advice that the Arabian Court was a gem, I asked why it was so cheap if its a gem ........ Picked up from the airport and taken to the door perfectly, ushered in and they gonged our arrival (lovely) then we checked in with perfect staff in an impressive building - THEN it hit me, a young lady (looked UK and about 18) walked through reception with a blown up inflatible crocodile, I was amazed, then all sorts of Benidorm types were shuffling through mainly over 60 and UK looking. We were shown to our rooms - very very good our standard room had all we need apart from a coffee machine, we unpacked and explored for a while - it seems the hotel has a mainly UK clientel of under 30 or over 60 and I question the marketing in the UK or maybe they are just desperate to get heads on beds ?? Overall the hotel is clean, impressive and deserves a better quality of visitor than the ones present when we were there, I am sue they didnt intend to appeal to the under 30 / over 60 package market as the on site shops had some very pricey quality items for sale. If your offered the Court or the Palace in a package holiday at a good deal then you wont be disapointed however if you want a little more exclusivity they you certainly will be."

• Travel date: 21st June 2009

fantastic !

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"Arrived just after midnight to a very warm and professional welcome. Refreshing drink and cold towels. Signing in and details given very quickly which is just what you need after a long flight and straight to the room. Deluxe room - very nicely appointed and furnished - spotlessly clean. Only downside is view is distorted by large trees and the new metro station to the right. We were on a half board plan and had some concerns as to how much we would get in credit but this was no problem. Choice of restuarants and menus fantastic and food was heavenly - even the buffett restaurant was of a good standard. Service was excellent both in the hotel and around the pool or beach. Desssert Safari organised for us by concierge and was excellent. They also arranged for us to go to Atlantis for visit and having been offered this as an option for the holiday I was glad I had not gone there. Very touristy and extremely busy. Also all the shops and restaurants seemed very expensive. As I used the previous reviews to help me choose my holiday it prompted me to write a review and unfortunately there was only one downside for us which was the nightlife after dinner. There really wasn't any except the Kasbar nightclub which we felt was somewhere where regulars attended and we felt a bit alienated. Apart from this if you are looking for a relaxing, romantic and good quality holiday then this is the place to go. I would go back at a drop of a hat and having visited Dubai before on a number of occassions this is the best hotel."

• Travel date: 11th June 2009

Beautiful Ocean Front Property

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Hotel can be sumed up in one word. Beautiful. It is terribly relaxing and welcoming. It is one of the trendiest properties on jumeira beach as well. The staff made an effort to know you by name and enjoyed having a chat to the guests - which i believe is a nice thing for them and us! - I was on half board and found the food to be of a very high quality, the room service was also very good. I recommend Nina resteraunt and from my experience the eateries in the Arabian Court were better than the sister hotel The Palace. The quality of furnishing was very high with a very tradditional and welcoming room. The rooms are also very large and include all the luggage space that one would need., large plasma tv's and fresh fruit. Living in Abu Dhabi I have had the luxury of vivsting many properties along the gulf coast. I can honestly say that the One and Only is one of the best if not the BEST in Dubai. For those of you who are posibly considering the atlantis - dont. I will echo what has been said previously, nice for a day trip but for UK readers it is very much like an Upmarket butlins, and even if you are paying top dollar you still will not recieve the intimate service afforded at the one and only. The only gripe I had was the amount of Brits. As I have said all my life you can always tell a british holiday maker, which is unfortunate but not to be helped by the Hotel. Keep up the good work and make sure you do not let the cities reputation of being an overpriced building site put guests off."

• Travel date: 19th May 2009

Magical, costly holiday, but worth every penny!

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"I loved Dubai, thought that the One&Only Arabian Court was brilliant and if I ever went back anywhere twice, it would be here. Or Hawaii... But, anyway. Here's what I loved: A) The tranquility - sure, they were building the new metro station, but I could only see, not hear it. B) The reception - cold drinks and cold flannels = most welcome. C) The buffet breakfast in The Rotisserie - so delicious and so much choice. D) The exclusivity of the hotel, but the fact that it is completely unstuffy. E) That there are loads of families around, but not once was I annoyed with whingeing or crying, babies or toddlers. F) Plates of melon, poolside. G) Ice cold water, poolside. H) Glasses cleaned, poolside. I) The Oriental Hammam - BLISS - the best ever! J) The gorgeous gardens. K) Being whizzed through the gulf in a donut. L) The rooftop bar at the Arabian Court - so chic (yet STILL child friendly - how do they do it?). M) The interconnecting rooms through a communal corridor, with doors off the main corridor. All family-friendly hotels should have this. N) The bathrooms - wowsers! O) The hhuuuuuugggggeee beds. P) The room leading into the garden. Q) The EauZone restaurant - top marks. R) The bustling entrance to the hotel. S) The cars that take you between the residences. T) The choice of restaurants and bars. U) The fact that it was at full occupancy but didn't feel claustrophobic. V) Water basketball. W) Water aerobics. X) Not too many Brits. Y) Lots of charming Swedish people. Z) Pretty much everything. And the flipside (there won't be 26 of these!) A) An issue with Dubai, not specifically this hotel. Why oh why oh why is everything so expensive? It kind of grates to pay £4 for a small bottle of water. At The Atlantis (where we spent the day), we had to pay to get into Aquaventure, then pay for a locker, then pay for a towel, then pay for... Oh! You get the gist! The ONLY thing that is reasonably priced in Dubai are the taxis. B) The rooms were a little dark. Hardly worth complaining about, but I'm scraping the barrel here. C) Oh, I have a 27th love - the plate of fruit that we received every day. Great for the kiddiwinks to snack up on! While we were in Dubai we did the following: A day at Aquaventure (brilliant water park - very costly) Awesome hotel including amazing aquariums and boutique shops. Well worth a visit, even to gawp. A meal at Planet Hollywood (eurgh! To be avoided at all costs). A trip to the Emirates Mall - make sure you cover up your shoulders out of respect, ladies. An evening at the Medinat Souk, including a meal at the Lebanese restaurant and a ride in a gondola - such good fun and yummy food. A meal at the Atlantis, at the Italian restaurant Locatelli's. Not great, I'm afraid. A trip to the Dubai marina - nice at night. We were there for five days and it was about the perfect amount of time. Our kids are six and 12 and the temperature was perfect - like a very warm UK summer with a lovely breeze. If you're thinking about Dubai and specifically the O&O, we say GO! Rachel PS I am a travel journalist and will be writing a 'proper' review for Wedding Ideas magazine shortly."

• Travel date: 27th April 2009

gorgeous

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"my son and i stayed at the one and only in dubai for only 3 short days, but it was beautiful...the room was a deluxe..nice, a view of the grounds and pool...the staff was very friendly, helpful...it was a lovely stay..much too short...they suggeseted some great tours..one i would recommend is the desert safari tour..a really fun outing."

• Travel date: 7th April 2009

Good enough for a short break.

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"Nothing wrong with the physical structure at all. The hotel, the grounds and the beach were fine. The sea wasn't particularly clean, but then there's so much building going on that expecting more would have been unreasonable. The rooms were very comfortable and regularly attended. We felt let down by a lack of local knowledge amongst the staff. When you're paying proper 5-star prices, you expect good local knowledge and you don't expect to struggle to get it. Nobody helped us make the most of our stay. Examples: the staff had a curiously relaxed attitude to calling for taxis and we were often left waiting for more than 15 mins; they gave taxi drivers wrong instructions on two occasions (I could have given them myself but I think they were trying to ingratiate themselves to us). The food we ate in the hotel was of a good standard, but again the service was a little lacklustre. There was little room for taking breakfast outside considering the number of guests, so we usually had to wait for a table. We did not sense any hurry to get us seated. We took an evening meal in the buffet restaurant with a plentiful array of hot and cold food: the fillet steak on offer was tender and delicious, but we had to stop the chef from slicing it thinly and grilling it to a cinder; there was roast beef but no gravy. However, I wonder whether my criticisms should be levelled at Dubai as a resort in general, rather than at the hotel. This was our first trip to the area. Could it be that the calibre of the staff is the limiting factor? Maybe I'm wrong........."

• Travel date: 4th March 2009

Good location, Good Rooms, Bad Attitude Staff, Across

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"I would not pick this hotel, Service Attitude is not up to standard, and not on one encounter but multiple satff encounters."

• Travel date: 18th February 2009