About Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi

• smoking rooms available
  • butler service

Wow!

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"We travelled with Etihad Airways and stayed overnight (at their cost) on the way home from the UK to Australia.

Wasn't expecting much as it was free but we plan to go back at our own expense as soon as we can.

This hotel is what I love about staying in hotels and haven't experienced for years and years.

It is SPOTLESS.

Lovely air conditioned room. We were placed on a club floor (2 rooms) and therefore had access to free drinks and nibbles and papers. 1 robe and no slippers.

Lots and lots of television channels, dvd player.

Also the evening buffet was delicious as was the breakfast with lots of choice.

This is our No. 1 hotel we have ever stayed in.

We have never stayed in the UAE before but will be doing so soon to check other hotels out.

It was a lovely evening despite being en route and having a 14 hour flight the next day.

Would highly recommend."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of June 2007

5 Star Hotel!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Excellent hotel, extremely clean, we had a HUGE suite with living rm, 2 washrooms, rm, etc. Service was excellent, the BEST hotel I've ever stayed at in my life in all honesty."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of May 2007

A pleasant stay

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"The Millennium hotel looks great and is peaceful. It's clean and very pleasant. It has a quiet aircon system and has modern appliances. Room service is excellent.

The Italian restaurant, Sevilo's, is fantastic. The pasta dishes are excellent. The cafe in reception is also very good. Great cakes and a good variety.

Service is slow, but good. So if you're patient then this is the place for you. The hotel also has a great salon hidden away. Recommended by the locals."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of March 2007

First Class Hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"This was our 2nd trip to Abu Dhabi (stayed at the Beach Rotana first time but it was full over the New Year period). We chose the Millennium due to the ratings it was given on Trip Advisor.

It is a beautiful hotel in an excellent location. Walking distance to the main shopping areas & Hamdan Street & cheap taxi ride away from the malls. The hotel is superbe. The rooms were spacious & spotlessly clean. It seemed everytime you left the room they came in & cleaned it up & replaced the towels. We went for a club room, which was only about £100 extra for the 4 nights we stayed, but for that you got free breakfast in the club lounge, not extensive, but ample, free soft drinks & tea/coffee & biscuits in the lounge all day & complimenatry 'cocktails' - beer or wine, from 6-9pm. In addition, free transfers to & from the airport. All in all we got our money's worth. The wine they served in the lounge was £20 a bottle from room service.

We ate in the Italian restaurant on new Years Eve (it was the only one which allowed children) & had a superbe meal. We were delighted that they only charged our son for his pizza & all his drinks & ice cream were complimentary, which was a nice touch in a hotel such as this.

If I have one critisism it would be the pool area. I feel this is primarily a business hotel. The pool is on the roof top & is very small & mostly shaded. There were only about a dozen sun beds around the pool. The time we travelled this wasn't an issue, but had we gone in warmer weather this would have been a huge issue.

But in all a first class hotel in a great location with excellent service."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of January 2007

Another Wonderful Stay!

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"I stayed at this hotel in February 2005 and said in my review then that I would go back and I kept to my word! I wondered if a repeat visit would prove somewhat disappointing but the hotel was just as good as last time.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at this property, all the staff we had dealings with were extremely courteous and couldn't get things done quickly enough for us.

The rooms were spotlessly clean with good quality furnishings and were extensive. The room had a huge double bed, sofa and armchair.

Room servicing was 3 times a day with towels being replaced during the day if they had been used and an evening turn down service if required.

We stayed in a Millennium Club room which included breakfast in the exclusive Club Lounge on the 15th floor along with complimentary all day refreshments and evening cocktails and snacks between 7pm and 9pm.

We ate at two of the restaurants at the Millennium, Sevilo's which was Italian and also the Marrakech, the standard of the food was excellent at both. The Marrakech had Arabic music and Belly Dancing most nights but started quite late so have your meal later in the evening if you choose to go there.

While we were at the hotel it was my 40th birthday and they even made a cake for the occasion. I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff for making my stay here another unforgettable one!"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of November 2006

Great hotel--especially for business

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Excellent accommodations. The rooms are well appointed. Internet is available for a fee. Breakfast buffet and lunch were both good. Cigar bar is very smokey (I suppose this is to be expected) and has a pianist. The other bar had live Arabic music and a VERY attentive staff. View on the gulf side is beautiful, especially at sunset.

Hot water, Nescafe available in the room for morning coffee."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

Thanks Millenium

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Travelled Feb.'06, 8 night stay. When considering our trip to Abu Dhabi, my wife and I, both 40 years, descided that we wanted to see the UAE and not relax at a beach club hotel. Choosing the Millenium gave us extra money to upgrade to Club Guest and hire a 4x4 for four days. Thank goodness as UAE had the worst weather in 22 years, electric storms for three days!!!
Arrived tired and were greeted at the airport by hotel representative who had a car waiting. Super fast checkin was followed by introduction to our Hotel Guest Manager, Dianna. She made us feel very welcome and showed us to our room on the 16th floor, fastastic seaview overlooking Corniche! Rooms are large with full floor to ceiling window, kings size bed with turndown service, (room service three x's per day!) two seat settee and armchair, dressing table, large TV and minibar. Bathroom included bath with shower, large sink, loo and bidet. The room was spotless with fresh flowers, fruit, newspaper and water provided daily. A very nice touch was when a dozen roses, his and hers present and a bottle of wine was given to us as a 40th birthday present.
Although we were tempted to eat out of the hotel, I would highly recommend eating Italian at Millenium, easiest our best meal and great value. Cigar lounge must be visited, enough said.
Millenium Club is well worth the extra, express checkin, larger rooms, private lounge, top three floors, free drinks during the day and evening with sushi etc. 1900-2100hrs.
Staff have a "nothing is too much trouble" attitude, always smiling and very helpful.
Pool with pool bar and terrace is small with few sunbeds however more than adequate if you wish to explore.
I could not recommend this hotel enough, some of the hotels we visited tried too hard, it is just natural to Millenium, enjoy!
Worth-while in UAE:
Al Ain - Museum, Zoo, Mountains and fort. Fastastic Day,
Burj Al Arab - Reserved lunch, 80 pounds, not our best but jaw dropping design. Watch for cost of wine!
Evening Dhow cruise - Great value and very romantic, eat till you drop, be warned!
Desert Safari - Dune bashing, camel rides, BBQ and stars, easily the highlight."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of March 2006

Great Hotel!

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"We found the Millennium Hotel to be very business like. the breakfast was nice and the hotel spotless. but will certanily return to the le merdian."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of February 2006

Fantastic Hotel with Great Service

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"My daughter and I stayed at the Millenium hotel in Abu Dhabi for ten nights between 19 - 28 August 2005.

The hotel is fantastic with very large rooms. We booked into a standard twin room and was pleasantly surprised to see two double beds in a very large room. The room was immaculately clean each day. The service throughout the hotel was better than any hotel I have stayed in, and I do stay in hotels a lot. Breakfast was varied to the extent that, you are spoilt for choice.

The hotel is situated very close to the city centre. Most of the shops, parks are a few minutes walk or taxi ride away.

Overall, this hotel is great. The service we received was excellent during our stay. I will definitely recommend this hotel to Abu Dhabi visitors anytime."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of September 2005

Best hotel we have stayed in

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"If you are thinking of visiting abu dhabi this is a great place to stay.A lovely modern hotel in the city with great staff and food. we had the best meal of all in sevillos restaurant, a 4 course feast with unlimited wine for 20 pounds a head.The only drawback is the pool which is small with very few sunbeds, but for 80p in a taxi we went to the khalidia beach which is lovely.We would not hesitate to stay at the millennium again."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of May 2005