Beach Rotana

10th Street Al Zahiyah Area, Abu Dhabi 45200 United Arab Emirates

everything we expected

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"We've just returned from a week at this hotel. If you are a vegetarian, the choice of eateries is limited to the rosebud, but the choices there more than compensate for the lack of variety of restaurants. The rooms are very nice, with lovely high quality bedding. Breakfast service leaves a bit to be desired; we had to repeatedly request cutlery and tea and coffee, but the reception staff and in particular, the concierge are delightful and very helpful. the beach is small but the sea is lovely and the pool very clean but tends to be crowded with outside visitors at times. The gym is excellent, although there are few classes laid on but the teachers, Amanda and her daughter Jade are wonderful and really professional. The cleanliness puts the UK to shame. The weather is wonderful, the hotel rather over air-conditioned for my liking and the lobby area filled with locals who enjoy smoking but it doesn't impose much. I thoroughly recommend this resort for a great value holiday. The shopping mall is rather devoid of character and there aren't any real bargains to be had- i think the prices are similar to those here. Etihad airways was first rate - lots of choices of films and good food. They are punctual and polite. I would definitely go again, it's cheaper than Dubai and it bit less glitzy but I didn't mind that."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of April 2006

Perfect for one!

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"I have just returned from the Rotana Beach after being in need of serious rest and me time. Have never been to the Middle East before so was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews. I needn't have worried! Excellent place - service was a little slow at times - as a single female did get sidelined on occassions. Never felt uncomfortable being on my own both inside and outside the hotel.
Room was perfect for 1. Food was great - increased by a dress size!
Pool / beach area was busy - it was easter - but I always managed to find somewhere with shade.
If you can, treat yourself to one of the massage treatments - it really sets you up for your break!
Would definately return and have no worries about taking my childwith me next time."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of April 2006

Met all our expectations

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"We have just returned from a 7 night stay at he Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers. After reading some previous reviews we were a little sceptical! We are glad we listened to the positive reviews and went on our break.
We opted for a Rotana Club room-any extra you pay was worth the quick check-in, complamentary breakfast, high tea and free drinks in the Rotana lounge (acohol only free between 7pm and 10pm). Our room was in the Tower and was clean, tidy and very spacious. Do use the 'do not disturb' sign as there can be a range of people knocking on the door, they are doing so to provide a sevice but it can be 'regular' event.
The range of restaurants and the food they provided was wonderful! (Diet started on return!). The service was very occassionally slow but once you made yourself known it was good.
The pool area was very calm and relaxing. Grab a sun bed on the sea wall if you like the sun, it stays there the longest and you get a nice sea breeze. The poolside attendants were always helpful finding umbrella for you.
We have visited many nice hotels, including the Burj Al Arab and the Jumeriah Beach, and enjoyed our stay at the Beach Rotana Hotel just as much.
Go ahead with your visit but treat yourself to the Rotana Club, you'll have a great time!"

• Travel date: Fri 21st of April 2006

Fantastic hotel! Highly recommended

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"I stayed here for 4 nights (5 if you include in the late check in due to Qatar airways long long long delays). The hotel was impressive, and good value for what we paid for it. Situated right on the beach, had a fourth floor room which had a good view of the beach. However accross the beach is a small military base, but you never here or see anything there. The staff were very friendly and always very helpful, but still let you get on with what you like. The valet guys were great too, however drove round a porche to us once instead of the mitsubushi we had, could have driven off with that! :o)
The rooms were very clean and modern, however the maid can come really early so dont forget to put your do not disturb sign on - especially if you want to lay in a bit!

We ate at a couple of the restaurants here, all very nice. Would highly recommend the Finz fish restaurant, but book early if you want a table outside overlooking the water, very nice!

Overall, a very pleasant stay, Would definately come back here again. Infact, thinking of joining here when moving to abu dhabi in a few months - the gym and other facilities are also very good."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of April 2006

Great hotel - but don't forget your ID

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"The hotel appearance was very impressive, the reception staff were courteous & friendly, the rooms were modern, clean & comfortable, the hotel grounds were very nice and the hotel was conveniently placed - so how could we check-out of the hotel feeling very disgruntled?

Well firstly, we were visiting Abu Dhabi for a weekend, driving the 150km from Dubai. As such, we did not bother taking our passports or any other form of identification - nor were we asked to when we booked the room. However, when we checked in we were asked for some form of ID - I explained that we had just come from Dubai and consequently did not have any formal ID except my driving licence which was in the car that had just been valet parked. The receptionist checked that this was suitable with her manager and asked whether we show her this when we next get the car - not an issue.

But then began what I can only describe as 24 hours of harassment. Every time we entered our room, within 30 seconds someone would call from reception asking whether we had been to the car yet. This happened four or five times before dinner that evening and again after dinner. When they called again at 11:55pm, I had enough said I would go down and get the ID from the card. On my way down to reception they called again to check I was on my way!

Eventually, we got to bed around 12:30 but I was so annoyed that it was much later when I got to sleep. Needless to say, I was not impressed when someone woke us at 7:30am the following morning to enquire what time we were going to check-out. I was even less impressed that half an hour after that, another person called to check whether we had any laundry - even though we did not put the laundry tag (that the hotel had placed in our room the previous evening) on the door.

This was the last straw and we gave up trying to have a relaxing weekend.

The only thing we did not get interrupted for was the free fruit platter the hotel boasts it provides every room - though we know our neighbours received one.

How did we know this? The room’s walls were so incredibly thin. You could hear absolutely everything - even the air-conditioning next door clicking on and off! I notice other people have commented on this and it really is that bad. Thankfully, we did not have noisy neighbours or children next door but it could have been a nightmare.

We did not eat in the hotels restaurants (though the looked very nice), instead we took up the recommendation of a friend and ate at the Le Meridien which is 5 minutes walk down the road – the food there was superb."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of April 2006

Great Hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Stayed for 3 nights which was not long enough to experience all the great restaurants within the hotel. The room was spacious and very clean, however the only downside was that our room did not have a balcony.

The Beach and garden area is very well maintained, with plenty of sunloungers and shade. Only downside is that due to the Towers part of the hotel the sun goes down rather early about 4.30pm.

Attached shopping mall is great for cheap food in the food court on level 3. Plenty of quality shops for the both sexes!!"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of April 2006

Attentive, Beautiful - up to standard and beyond!

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"I stayed here on business and have to say it was one of the most impressive places I've had the pleasure of staying in. The hotel rooms were excellent, open bar window style connecting rooms to the bathroom - a nice touch. There's also plenty of activity within the hotel, quite a few bars and restaurants, as well as a connecting shopping centre, very handy!

The outside area is plentiful, with a lovely beach (it looks a bit manmade) and poolside area.

All in all a great experience with really helpful staff, if not slightly over-zealous though!
Beware of them charging you for internet access that didnt work though!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of April 2006

a great travel experience

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"we spent one week in beach rotana hotel and resort and it was a fanastic experience, the standard room was not really bi, but we spent most of time outside and only return there to sleep, so it's not a big concern, the cleanness of the room and the whole hotel was really amazing, and fresh fruits and folwer in the room is really a great sense when you return to the room in the evening, breakfast is a huge selection of all kind of food, all prepared professionally and no matter how many quests presents in the tables, I never saw any shortage in even a dish, it's collection of restaurants and bars give us a variety of choices for dining, swimming pool is not really a big one, but quiet enough for amateurs like me and the gym is well equipped, Abudhabi shopping centers is connected to the hotel by a pathway and one can consider as a part of the hotel, with a clean food court, selection of high quality cafes and shops and cinemas it could be a perfect place for passing time, I highly recommende this hotel as a comfortable one."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of March 2006

Loved this hotel

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"We wanted to stay here after visiting it the previous year when we stayed in the Le Meridian next door. We have been to Dubai many times and after finding this hotel will not be going back in a hurry. The Tower Rooms are great so if you can, ask to upgrade. All the restaurants are top class and if I had to gripe it would be that the beach is not Dubai standard. It's pretty shallow and sloping. However, there is loads of space on manicured lawns and around the pool with lots of shade under the trees. Apart from the shopping mall the hotel is within walking distance of the Le Meridian which has approx 9 or 10 restaurants and a great pub.
I don't know where the lady from Amderstam stayed but I am pretty sure it wasn't at this location. I have never had any problems with anything shady whilst in the Emirates. Especially not within a 5* hotel, so if anyone was put off by that review, please disregard it. We are booked to go again next week!"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of March 2006

Super hotel

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Returned yesterday from a 6 night break in this hotel. It was the perfect place for the total relaxation we required.
The opulence of the lobby was breathtaking. Our room was small but 'perefectly formed'. The fresh fruit and flowers were a lovely touch.
The staff at the hotel were very friendly and professional. The 'banquets' at Rosebuds were not only delicious but a feast for the eyes as well. We would especially recommend the Seafood evening on Thursdays - the oysters and lobsters were in endless supply and of a superb quality.
The hotel was very full but there was never a shortage of loungers by the pool, beach or the grassy areas that we preferred.
The staff at the hotel seem to be very well trained and proud to be working there, which is a good sign.
We had a dissapointing experience at 'Pregos' restaurant. We had booked a table (which is to be advised) and arrived 25 minutes early to sit on the verandah and have a pre-dinner drink. We presented ourselves and told the lady our plan. The only problem was we were completely forgotton about. Had to remind them twice of our presence before even getting a drink. We were not given menus and were not invited to a table. Luckily we re-presented ourselves to be seated - nobody seemed to know how we had been overlooked- and we were glad we had persevered through this breakdown in communication with the 'front of house' and the Maitre d' as the food was fabulous."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of March 2006

Hotels near Beach Rotana

Stayed at Beach Rotana? Share your insight.

Beach Rotana is also called