Recreational facility

• baggage storage
  • breakfast in the room
  • car hire
  • bottled water
  • express check in check out
  • currency exchange
  • soundproof rooms
  • bicycle rental
  • street parking amenities
  • russian amenities
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • vip room facilities
  • hindi
  • taxi service
  • blackout curtains
  • interconnected rooms available
  • free wifi in the business center
  • electric kettle
  • outdoor dining area
  • urdu
  • walk in shower

Good
2074 reviews

Good Reasonable Clean Hotel

Reviewed 9th April 2013

"Good, comparatively cheap, clean hotel for short stay. Good for business travellers who are forced to be on a tight budget due to recession.. :-) Best part is the free WiFi access in the hotel.. at times when usage is high, the internet speed may drop but all in all it is acceptable.. The restaurant is OK, not many choices as would be expected from a Budget Hotel, but this is not a problem as in Al Kuwair, you do have a lot of choices around. There are atleast 4 good restaurants (thai, indian, McDonalds, Pizza) within 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Maybe the menu for breakfast could have more varities or changed every 2 days... Moving to other parts of muscat is also easy due to availability of taxi and location of the hotel.. All in all a decent, clean hotel in thr middle of a good locality in Muscat"

• Travel date: 9th October 2010

Great Value, Great Service, Great Hotel!

Reviewed 7th April 2013

"Starting with the online reservation process, the warm and friendly welcome at the reception, to the great guys in the restaurant, fantastic food, excellent housekeeping (the rooms were spotless and well looked after) - ok the rooms are a little compact but what more do you need for a night? TV, Internet (Free too!) room service, a great shower and a good bed......the hotel was fab, I highly recommend this to anyone...business or leisure - excellent value too! Can't fault it for the money!"

• Travel date: 18th September 2010

Lousy, terrible....please dont stay here unless you hv no option !!

Reviewed 2nd April 2013

"A typical business hotel, very very compact rooms, unfriendly staff. Even the receptionist do not greet you with a smile. Poor restaurant, hardly have any choice for food. Rooms r so compact that even the wardrobe has no door.....only a couple of hangers to hang ur clothes. Not recommended unless no option."

• Travel date: 17th September 2010

good hotel and good value for money

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"I can say that the staff where very nice welcoming, the hotel is very clean and good value for money is a perfect hotel for business."

• Travel date: 3rd September 2010

Noisy !

Reviewed 27th March 2013

"I stayed in this hotel for one night only but i hardly slept . The sounproofing of the windows is non existing . There is a very busy road next to the hotel and you could here every truck passing by . Other points for the management : 1 // usually for any water tap , the hot water comes if you direct the hand set on the left as there is a red dot on it ... in your hotel , eventhough the red dot is on the left , the hot water comes if the hand set is directed on the right . It is just a detail but you could avoid injuries specially with your youngest costumers. 2// many of your tv channels are not working ( i was staying in room 225 ) . 3// the gentleman that did my check in had very poor grooming . 4// the gentleman that did my check out a 6am was stinking cigarettes from very far away and he is grooming was poor as well."

• Travel date: 21st July 2010

Fantastic Value for money, but needs better service.

Reviewed 8th April 2013

"I took a cue from my Ibis Singapore experience a few days before and booked myself for 2 nights at the Ibis Muscat. Having stayed at Crowne Plaza and Grand Hyatt Muscat before, this was by far a better deal. The hotel is nicely furnished and is kept quite clean. Rooms are ample sized, considering that it is a budget hotel. I found the washroom to be quite well designed. The only glitch seemed to be the staff, who were not very welcoming. How hard is it to smile at a customer? If it wasn't for the very nice non-local lady who checked me out, I would've been much harsher. Didn't use any dining services, so can't comment on that."

• Travel date: 28th June 2010

New hotel = Very clean

Reviewed 6th April 2013

"Ibis is a new hotel in a city where hotels are quite expensive. I paid around 80 euro/night which is expensive for a two star hotel in my opinion but I accepted to go for this hotel as it was new. There are 2-3 hotels cheaper than this one but I had no guarantee they were clean and decent. It is very close to the Grand Mosque. If you don't want luxury and fancy hotels Ibis is by far the best choice."

• Travel date: 7th May 2010

Good value hotel but the building site is a little noisy

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"I recently stayed at this hotel while on a road trip around Oman with friends. The hotel was easy to find with plenty of parking. Checck in seemed efficent then just as we were handed our room keys we were told that there would be NO WATER in the hotel until 6pm. This was at 2pm, after 2 nights camping in the desert. If there is one thing we wanted it was a shower. Why wern't we told before we had checked in? Obviously because we would have gone elsewhere! We went to our room. We were told it was a double - it was, in fact, a twin. Two rooms later we eventually had a double. Other than these avoidable problems the stay was pleasent and the rates were reasonable. The only other word of caution is the building site next to the hotel. Well, I suppose it saved us having to request a wake-up call!"

• Travel date: 16th April 2010

Good value

Reviewed 31st March 2013

"We stayed for one night . Room was small, but OK for a couple, and was clean. Staff friendly and helped arrange an afternoon tour of Muscat. We were concerned about the construction site right outside our window, but they did not work late at night or early in the mroning, so it did not disturb us all all."

• Travel date: 11th April 2010

Nothing great nothing bad either

Reviewed 25th March 2013

"Good clean new hotel. Nothing exceptional about it. But then again nothing really bad about it either. One major security issue that did pop up. I lost my access card and when I request a replacement at the reception they immediately provided me with one, without asking for any ID to prove that I am the guest staying in that room!"

• Travel date: 4th March 2010

Clean and Reasonably Priced!

Reviewed 1st April 2013

"The Ibis Hotel chain in Oman was a great find for us. The prices are reasonable and the rooms are petite BUT useful (we don't like huge rooms in general so it matched our taste). The restaurant was nice and the business center wasn't crowded at all. The main purpose of our trip was diving so all we cared for was a clean room and bathroom. We got more than what we had expected. The staff was great. The English lady at the front desk was most helpful and hardworking. The only thing is, you might have a hard time finding parking in the basement area due to its size...Other than that it was excellent!"

• Travel date: 1st March 2010

So & So..!

Reviewed 4th April 2013

"Given the price level and the fact that this hotel is new...then I would say that it is a good deal over all..considering the prices of hotel rooms in Muscat..........For those who are willing to stay there just beware... 1) Part of the hotel does not have a Wi-Fi signal..this is the part close to Dohat aladab street. Ask for a room located on the reception side(on top of it I mean) 2)The breakfast is horrible and not worth the price...grab something from a coffee shop nearby instead 3) There is construction going on right behind the hotel so ask for a room facing the front of the hotel and not the rear side."

• Travel date: 27th February 2010

Hotels near Ibis Muscat

Ibis Muscat is also called

• hotel ibis muscat maskat
  • hotel ibis muscat
  • hotel ibis muscat mascate