Night

Helpful personnel

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"I'm posting this review for my mom. The following are her comments about her recent stay at the Ambassador Hotel: I arrived in Eilat, Israel, early evening of Dec. 13 and found The Ambassador Hotel personnel warm, helpful and concerned that my luggage had not made my connection at JFK in N.Y. Due to my lack of knowledge of Hebrew, I had trouble the next day with the airline about my luggage and a pleasant Hotel Receptionist took over the discussion and made sure that it would be delivered to the hotel and I wouldn't have to go into town to get it. Also, my lack of Hebrew caused frustration in their Internet Room and several hotel personnel were great finding personal information I could not decipher.. The location of the Isrotel Ambassador Hotel was perfect for me - -out of the busy town, hotel area, quiet, with its own Dive Shop that had rental equipment for snorkeling and scuba and wet suits. Lessons were available. The hotel is an easy walk to attractions that interested me; the beach, snorkeling area, and underwater observatory. There is a free shuttle bus into town for shopping, dining or sightseeing. This is a good-looking building with nice rooms throughout and the bed was comfortable with excellent linens. Guests could eat in the dining room or in comfortable seats around the pool either under cover or in the open. The food at the hotel was very good and the included breakfast buffet was sumptuous and delicious. I would go there again."

• Travel date: 8th January 2008

Great for water sports

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"The Ambasador is located outside the bustling center of Eilat tourism, at the shores of the Coral Nature Reserve. It has a 5 star PADI center on the premesis and offers a miriad of water sports and desert adventures. The rooms are spacious and well equiped and all have amazing views of the red sea (ask for 3rd floor and above). The staff is friendly and efficient. As in most hotels in Israel breakfast is a never ending selection of fresh vegetables, diary products, breads, eggs, pancakes and everything else you can imagine."

• Travel date: 21st December 2007

Excellent hotel in Eilat

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"We stayed in Isrotel Ambassador Hotel for 3 days in Aug 07. Hotel is located near Club Med (not far from Eilat Oceanarium) and about 6 km from the city. Part of Eilat's coral reef is across the road (some dive centers are also located there). Hotel is modern, spacious and offers a variety of accommodation options (from standard to 2 room suites). Staff is multilingual and very friendly. Pool is big with a lot of chairs around. Food is very good for both breakfast and dinner (served as all you can eat buffet). Beach is across the road and guest of hotel receive complimentary loungers. Reef is nearby and snorkeling/diving is great. Hotel pays for free hourly shuttle to town of Eilat (bus 333); otherwise taxi is 20 shekels. Tour company (I think called "Eilat Attractions") has a desk in the hotel and sells variety of activities (boat cruises, diving, Oceanarium, etc) at 20% off. Climate in Eilat is very dry and 42C didn't feel too bad especially with a breeze from the Red Sea. Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions."

• Travel date: 16th September 2007

Great Holiday

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"We really enjoyed this hotel so much that we are going back next month. Isrotel is the best hotel chain in Israel. I trust them 100% and am a club member. We have stayed at all top hotels in Eilat and enjoyed this hotel more than most 5 star hotels. We had a problem when checking in and I did loose my temper but am very happy to say that after I complained the staff member took my complaint to the manager and on the day of check out informed me that because of my complaint that they made some changes so that it will not happen again. Other than that it was perfect. We stayed in a poolside suite-direct excess to pool. Great food, we took half-board. Nice and friendly service. Do go to beach and and use there dive center- go for a least one dive and rent a snorkel,flipper,mask for at least 1 day. It made the holiday for the kids. Poolside service was good but it's only dairy so you have to get up and go to the rondo restaurant to order a meat lunch –good value for money. Pizza can be order to room. They are opening an Aroma café so next time will try it. Kids club is limited but has playstation.It might not be a 5 star hotel but is good value for money and great if you want to go diving or have a family holiday."

• Travel date: 25th August 2007

Nnice time, great service

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"We stayed at the Isrotel Ambassador Hotel for the first time and were there for 3 days. We ordered a deluxe suite as the other type of room big enough for our family (two adults, three kids) wasn't available. Upon check-in I asked if we would be getting a balcony or garden attached to our room and got an affirmative answer from the trainee (I specifically asked for a balcony in our reservation). When we got to our room, I found no balcony or garden. I complained and was told that all of the dlx suites were full but the next day we could move, if we liked (and we did). The room was very large - a nice size living room with a bedroom. The sofa was already open and made and the crib was set up and made as well. The bathroom was very big and had a shower, bath and toilet. The room and bathroom were immaculate and decorated very nicely. The beds were comfortabl too. There was also a mini bar which we filled with drinks and fruit for the kids. There were two tvs and three phones (one in the bathroom). The hotel is very nice and looks recently renovated. There are lots of plants and trees, and they had a lot of candles lit inside. It is also quiet and relaxing. The hotel has one large pool, a smaller one that isn't as deep and a toddler pool. The pool area also sports double beds under canopies - I had never seen that before. They were comfortable but it was difficult getting one. There is a spa as well, and we adults had free access as we ordered the dlx suite. Not much to do there if you don't order a treatment - only had two saunas and an excercise room. Funny that the spa wasn't listed in the hotel's description on their website. My kids spent some time in the kids club and enjoyed their activities. It too was immaculate and had lots of options and activities for babies to about 11 years old. After checking in we went down to the fast food area by the pool. We were famished and waited close to 40 minutes to be served after we ordered. I was upset that other people who ordered after us got their food first, and when I complained, they said that they want to serve all of our food together. I asked that they get the kid's food out first because they couldn't wait, but my requests went mostly ignored. Other than that, the service in the hotel was great. Requests for extra towels, cups etc. were met very fast. Now to food, we had ordered half board (breakfast and dinner). Breakfast was served until 11.00 am which is great for us as we don't like eating too early in the morning. The food was great and the selection was tremendous. The staff replenished the food constantly. The waiters and cleaning staff, however, seemed overwhelmed at times during the meals. They have a private beach across the street, where we saw lots of different aquatic life just standing at the edge. Wow! I want to mention Meital from the front desk staff. She went out of her way to help us and was very warm. She was especially wonderful when she heard that our baby got sick - she helped us find a doctor and lengthened our check out time so we wouldn't be charged after returning late from the doctor's visit. She is really special, and they are lucky to have her as an employee. There were two things that I didn't like about the hotel, one, there are many steps going everywhere. The hotel isn't particularly handicapped friendly in that aspect though I saw ramps going to the pool area and in the lobby. The dlx suites can be accessed via outside access only (though within the hotel's grounds), again, lots of steps! Second, there were lots of cockroaches running outside at night. Although Eilat is in the desert, someone should spray. We had a good experience with the hotel and liked it but in general we prefer to stay in the North Beach area, in one of Isrotel's other hotels (usually the Royal Garden). If you like a quieter area, near Coral Beach, this hotel is for you."

• Travel date: 21st June 2007

when in Eilat, a good choice

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"The ambassador is a good choice when in Eilat. It's just off the very, busy, extremely crowded centre and the hotel itself is good. Excellent, huge breakfast and helpful staff. Good, spacious rooms, good beds and nice view on the Red Sea. We were in a schoolholiday, so it was crowded. But had good night sleep, and in the rooms it was quiet. Linda Bonn Holland"

• Travel date: 2nd June 2007

great place for sun and fun

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"We stayed at the Ambassador as our place in the sun and for pool and beach time during our Israel trip. This was definitely a great spot to recoup from all the site seeing. Since our group of 7 included 3 generations I was concerned about there being a pleasant and well airconditioned space because my Dad was with us. He's an active senior but we weren't going to schlep him around in the heat to Petra etc. So he made himself comforable in the lounge and usually one of us stayed at the hotel. The three days we stayed there were during the week in may. The hotel was very quiet but if filled up with families for the shavout holiday. There was still plenty of space around the pool even when it was busy. The bar staff served drinks and fruit trays at the pool. Our three young adults ( in their twenties) took the shuttle bus into town in the evening. They checked out night life in Eilat. All the rooms had a balcony. We had a welcome basket of fruit in the room. Breakfast was plentiful. We had one dinner at the Bar - which is dairy - the salads and pizza were exceptional. It's an alternative to the buffet. Dinner was ample at the buffet but I wouldn't say it was fine dining. One thing was odd about dinner (from an American standpoint) was that coffee and tea wasn't part of dinner and you had to go to the bar for them. Location was great. It 's in walking distance of the aquarium. We did a day trip to Petra from Eilat. Keep in mind Eilat development has been a little haphazzard. As you go from the main town to the hotel you pass the port and then the naval base and then it becomes a resort area again. Club med is next door and we ate at a great fish restaurant across the street. Over all a fun place in the sun."

• Travel date: 1st June 2007

Fantastic!

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"For my graduation present last year I went with my mum to the Ambassador hotel in Eilat. And it was above my expectations. We arrived very late in the evening so the buffet was already cleaned up. But a couple minutes later, when my mum and I just arrived in our room, roomservice came with two delicious, fresh cut salads. Our room was very clean and had a gorgeous view over the ocean and the pool. Breakfast was great too, there was just this huge buffet with fresh fruit, all kinds of bread and all other things you could wish for breakfast. The hotel staff was very friendly, attentive and helpfull. The pools were very clean and there were enough beds for everyone, they also had towel service and nice animation at the pool and in the hotel during the evening. Diner was also in buffet form and again is was really good. There was something differen to eat everyday and it all tasted good! If you are looking for a great hotel just outside Eilat center ( the hotel also offers a free shuttle service to and from Eilat center ) then this is the hotel for you! I'm definitely going back, I had a blast!"

• Travel date: 19th June 2006

The most awesome hotel EVER!!!

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"The best hotel I have been to in a long time! Beautiful location, right across from the hotels private beach, which offers a diving school, and diving equipment rental for very good prices! if you do go diving excpect to see a wide array of strikingly beatiful colorful fish! I don't think the other hotels can offer that! Also on the beach a beduin tent where you can get great food! pita, fresh hummus, olives, tea. great. The hotel is very nice inside, the staff is super nice, and helpful. rooms are nice, and clean. some have an amazing amazing amazing view of the sea and surrounding mountains. Breakfast at the hotel is very good, a hugh selection to choose from, including omlettes made fresh as you order!. The hotel also offers a spa, gym, a lovly pool, game room, and souvenir shop. I will surly go back next time i go to visit!"

• Travel date: 2nd April 2006

Fantastic hotel

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"We have just spent a week at the Ambassador and can honestly say it was the best holiday we have ever had. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the food fresh and beautifully prepared and there was a large variety to suit everyone's taste. However, the drinks were expensive. (£13 bottle wine, £1.80 for bottle beer 33cl) The hotel is aprox 6km out of Eilat and the hotel offer a free bus service into town. It has a peaceful and very relaxed atmosphere. The pool area is kept very clean and you are also provided with towels at the pool. Plenty of sun beds to go round! There is a gym, sauna and spa at the hotel offering some fabulous treatments at a discount. The diving school attached to the hotel is also a must, offering an introductory dive for around £18. The rooms were a generous size and clean towels provided every day. Well worth a visit."

• Travel date: 1st March 2006