1914
Good

Superb hotel most notably for the standa...

Reviewed Wed 30th of May 2007

"Superb hotel most notably for the standard of food and level of service. Buffet dinners are good value and have just about all types of food that you can think of.

Good size pool with pool side bar (overpriced). Attractive hotel lobby. Plenty of children's activities and kiddies pool.

Rooms are spacious with a sofa and TV. Beds comfortable.

Highly recommended for couples or families with young children."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of May 2007

Good Hotel, Great Service, lovely just lovely...

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Stayed at Panorama Eilat in February 2007, wanted to put my opinion in writing, so here i go.

I'll start from the location of the hotel, which was pretty good, based on the lagood from one side and small park from the other, only hundred meters from the beach and the main street, you also have the free use of the private Dan Eilat's beach, which is nice. So location is 4\5

The interior of the hotel is very modern,comfy, very eilat like and definetely 5 star like. 5\5

The pool - the pool is the major letdown of the hotel, it's pretty small, therefore in periods of highseason you might want to go and enjoy the beach instead. 3\5

Hotel's Gym - despite the extra charge for the use of the gym, i absolutely loved it, and from my experience with hotels - Panorama Eilat has one of he biggest, so two thumbs up from me 5\5

The room - of course it depends on the room type you reserved, i stayed in one called "Superior - Bay View" on the 4th floor, as it says in it's name it had a view on the lagoon, which was absolutely marvelous, the balcony was comfy, and the cool breeze at night just made my day (or should i say night), overall the room was simple in design, spacious and extremely clean.
The TV was old, but i don't stay in hotels to watch tv so i didn't mind. 5\5

Breakfast & Dinner - food was great overall, was a bit loud in the dining room, but from what i've heard the problem is being taken care of. Food was great anyway, so no complaints. 5\5

Hotel's entertainment crew was a bit cheeky, but fun nevertheless, unfortunately the show was entirely in hebrew.
DJ was great. 4\5

So after all was said above, i can definetely recommed you (in case you decide to visit Eilat) to stay at Dan Panorama Eilat, hotel that stands up for your expectations and more.

4.5\5"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

Good value and location

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Stayed at the Dan Panorama from March 30 for three nights.
Very modern hotel, 150 yards from the Promenade and beaches, although I see no advantage to paying the supplement to stay in a beachfront hotel.
Staff were friendly and polite, and rooms were cleaned immaculately and promptly every day.
One major complaint, not only with the Dan but all Israeli hotels that we visited, is that despite Israelis having huge families, the hotels do not seem to cater for families.
My wife and I travelled with our 13 year old son, and although we reserved triple/family rooms in advance and stayed in some of the top hotels (American Colony, Scots Hotel, Sheraton), every room had a cheap rollaway bed with a rock hard thin mattress!
Others have witten posts on this site about avoiding Israel and Eilat during holidays. I chose to ignore that advise, what a huge mistake.
Hotels are mobbed with Israeli families. Worse is that most families seen to have a minimum of three children, and I am afraid to say that Israeli children are the rudist, worst behaved, most badly mannered children in the world, bar none!
Scary thought what the next adult generation of Israelis will be like.
Secondly, in 11 days, our plans were seriously disrupted on 5/6 days because shops and restaurants closed. Many days religous sites were closed, usually museums are either closed or have restricted visiting times. Often even the hotel staff, local Israelis and even the guides are uncertain.
Having previously visited Sharm El Sheik on the Red Sea I was very disappointed with Eilat, and can see absolutely no reason to visit here, if you are not Israeli, other than as a base to visit Petra which is stunning."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of April 2007

Value for money

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Stayed for two weeks half board between 24th December 2006 and 7th January 2007 booked through Longwoods. If you need fountains in your lobby and the feeling that you are in Las Vegas rather than Israel (and you are happy to pay for that privilege) go to one of the other hotels such as the Royal Beach, the Dan or Herod's. But if you want value for money with every comfort in a hotel built on a human scale this may be the place for you. The food is excellent in terms of quality and quantity, and the staff very friendly and helpful especially if you take the time and trouble to get to know them as human beings. The hotel can get noisy if your stay coincides with school holidays or Jewish or Muslim festivals as we found out in our second week (the Muslim festival of Id el Adcha) so its a good idea to check your calendar before booking. The pool area is fine and rarely busy. The water is heated in winter. Snacks and meals are reasonably priced (applying UK comparisons) a coffee in the lounge for example being 12 shekels (£1.50). I have read comments in other reviews about this hotel being 15 minutes from the beach. This gives a false impression. It is about 10 minutes walk from the Dan Beach, where patrons of this hotel can use the facilities for free, but it is at most 3 minutes walk from the sea and the main promendade. Personally I think the position is excellent."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of January 2007

We loved the Dan Panorama!

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Have just returned from a weeks stay at the Dan Pan. We went for a rest and that's just what we got. We stayed half board. Our room overlooked the marina with views of boats, yachts, other hotels, the local airport and the mountains. Although the room was cleaned to a high standard every day (fresh towels and complimentary soaps & shampoo every day and the bedding changed for us mid week) we felt that our room could now do with a refurb. In particular our carpet was starting to look a little grubby as did the armchair and bed cover and some of the furniture was now acquiring the odd chip or dent. The room had an efficient air con system (didn't need it due to the time of year) as well as a small safe for your valuables (free) and a fridge.
Having said all that, we didn't stay in the room much - it was a just a base to shower, change clothes and sleep.
As for the food (all Kosher) - amazing choice and great quality!
After a hearty buffet style Israeli breakfast - choose from juices, selection of fruit, cereal, cheeses, herrings, various salads, pastas, vegetables, omelettes, fresh breads & rolls, cakes, pastries, halva, jams, endless supply of tea, coffee, cold & hot milk we didn't need to eat until dinner in the evening. Again an an amazing choice. Hats off to the chef and his team!
As for the hotel staff, we found them all to be friendly, courteous, efficient & helpful, but don't forget to remind the reception staff that you are a member of the e-dan club (go online either before your visit or at the hotel to register) otherwise you may not get the benefits to which you are entitled.
We took advantage of the use of the Dan Eilat beach (free beds and umbrella for Dan Pan guests). You can take towels from the poolside of the Dan Pan to use at the beach so you don't have to take your own from home. Distance to beach - It took us less than 10 minutes brisk walk or 10 -15 minutes at a more leisurely pace. I noticed that other reviewers of this hotel have complained that it was located too far from the beach - come on now, 10 - 15 minutes leisurely walk is not so far! We could have chosen a hotel right on the beach, but at an extra cost which we felt was not worth it. We also walked into the town, again only 10 mins walk to the new shopping mall (mall ha'yam) on the corner of the Mitzrayim Road by the end of the airstrip.
The hotel provides entertainment for its guests (both daytime at the poolside and a show most evenings)
All in all a good value hotel, friendly, good food and we would definitely return to the Dan Panorama."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of November 2006

Join the masses

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"Dan Eilat Panorama was not our first choiceas the Princess in Eilat was booked.

The Dan Eilat Panorama is a tired property in an ok location that was packed full of pushy people. One feels somewhat herded when staying here. The restaurant (breakfast was included in the price) had stick-to-your hand child booster chairs, wait staff that could truly have cared less and guests that would literally push people aside to get to food. The breakfast food, though, was excellent and there was plenty of it so I do not understand the pushy mentality. The rooms were unremarkable - neither super dirty nor super clean. The gift shop owner is the crabbiest man you will meet on your trip. I would stay here again as no specific problems, just an underwhelming experience.

The one upside was the entertainment (almost all strictly in Hebrew) as the Israeli guests seemed to truly enjoy the games, music etc..."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of November 2006

Good hotel, good location

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Note that I'm a pretty strict hotel rater whem comparing experience to cost, so there's nothing wrong with a 3 from me and 4's need to be truly above average in value. I've not given a 5 yet. That said, the Dan Panorama in Eilat is a good hotel. We paid a bit more for a "lagoon" view which I think cost us ~$170/night incl breakfast. It's got modern, clean rooms. The breakfast is typical of Israeli hotels - - amazing spread, battle with the masses every morning (the breakfast is so vast we would eat a huge meal at 10am, go to the beach to veg in the sun or go snorkeling, bringing lots of water and some fruit but skipping an actual lunch meal, and have an early supper). It's a 10 minute walk to the beach and one can use the beach at The Dan hotel there. Just flash your DP keycard. This was a subtle but important piece of value for us. [NB: the beach in Eilat is only aveage, but the water in the Red Sea is ultra clear. In addition, the snorkeling at the state park a mile south of town was EXCELLENT and cheap. No need to go on a sposored snorkeling trip.] My views of the DP are biased by my general impression of Eilat, which is like a cross b/w Las Vegas and Miami Beach: lots of glitz, lots of it done in a highly cheesy fashion. The interesting thing is that Eilat seems to be the place where Israelis go to holiday, so it's not a beach town with local workers frequented by foreigners. It was really interesting seeing Israelis at rest - - an uncommon sight! The DP is full of Israelis, both families and large tour groups, whereas I suspect the pricer hotels on the beach are more foreigner-based (just a hypothesis). I don't think I'd go back to Eilat, but if I did I would seroiusly consider staying at the DP again."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of April 2006

Nice Hotel

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"We have just returned from 7 days at The Dan Panorama Hotel in Eilat and must say we found this to be very good value for money. We arrived to a welcoming drink and a friendly face, and that was before we checked in.
We had booked a executive room which gave you use of the Carmel Lounge, which had complimentary snacks and beverages and the use of papers and internet.
Our room was very pleasant, spacious and nicely decorated with a view to sea. Rooms were spotless and the towels changed twice a day.
Food in the hotel was very nice with plenty of choice.
We had about a 10 minute walk to the Beach Front and to the shops but that was ideal to walk off your meal.
The pool area is small but was fine for us, free use of beach towels that you could take out to the beach and return in the evening.
The Dan Panorama we found to be a nice hotel with friendly helpful staff, we had an amazing holiday in Eilat and can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of March 2006

Dan Panorama Eilat, Always a good holiday

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"As an Israeli the Dan Panorama is great value for money. We stayed thgere a few times and had the benefit of becoming known to staff and management. They went out of their way to make each stay unique and enjoyable. The food is pntyfull and very tastey although I never think that hotel cuisines are Gourmet. Breakfeast is huge and afeast to the eyes and pallets.
Being a relatively new hotel, I think it is only 3-4 yers old, it is kept very well and both public areas and rooms are very clean.
We will continue to frequent the Dan Panorama as we also enjoy their club benefits- e-Dan.
The hotel is on the Eilat Lagoon and not on the sea. It is about 5 minutes walk to the beach, They also alowed us to Use the Dan Hotel beach which was a big plus."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of February 2006

Nice Enough Hotel - Good Location

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Spent a week at the Dan Panorama the first week of November during my first visit to Eilat

I had no problems with the location. Although it is slightly away from the beach, you get to the seafront in only 5 minutes, and the beach by the Dan Eilat in approx 10-15 minutes. Although this may be inconvenient for some, I felt the location was in many ways better than that of those slightly on the beach. Firstly, it is located broadly midway between the shopping centre/main bar area at one end and the Hotel Beaches at the other end. This means the walk to either extreme was much easier than if you were staying at either end! Secondly, you are right on the Marina and the view from the rooms was very nice - especially at night. It was also peaceful, notwithstanding the occasional plane noise from the nearby airport. Other than 1-2 larger planes per day which were very noisy, the noise was not intrusive.

So, of the hotel itself: Initial impressions were good - the hotel is nicely designed, spacious and airy, and all the public areas are very clean and quite upmarket in appearance. The room we had faced the Marina and was very comfortable, clean and fresh in appearance, with no sign of worn fixtures and fittings. There were two single beds/one double with a coffee table and armchair by the balcony. There was a long chest/desk/table unit along the side of the room with a TV (good size and channels), various storage compartments and a minibar. Strangely, despite the provision of the minibar pricelist there was nothing actually in the minibar. No real problems though because we bought drinks from the shop opposite the hotel for much lower prices anyway. The bathroom was clean and well specified with plenty of toiletries and towels. The only slightly negative point was the fairly dim lighting in relation to the rest of the room.

We were staying on a half-board basis so used the restaurant quite a lot. Not tending to stay in large holiday hotels like this very often I didn't really feel at home in the large open restaurant. It did feel a little bit like my university cafeteria, and I think could have benefited from the area being broken up a bit by plants or dividers. This would have given a more intimate feel and avoided being able to view just about everyone (and everyones children) that was in the hotel. The food itself was well presented, and the displays/arrangements changed every day giving variety. This aspect was well done with dark wooden units and displays of various foods being used to good effect. The food on offer changed throughout the week, and there was generally a good variety of things on offer. The high-point in my opinion were the salads which were very tasty with a huge number on offer. The main courses were good, with some normally being cooked at a display kitchen in the centre of the room. However, tending to eat late I did find some of the food was maybe not as warm as I would have liked by the time I got back to the table - a curse of buffet style eating...

The staff were a mixture. I don't entirely agree with previous reviewers in relation to the hebrew speaking aspect. The staff I felt were least friendly seemed to be just as cold no matter your nationality. Most staff were young (about my age 20-25), and although some were fairly indifferent as I just mentioned some were actually very friendly and did make an effort to chat to you and see if you needed anything. I suspect one of the problems is that there has been a real lack of international tourists in this resort for a few years, and it will take a little while for the staff to get used to their needs.

Hotel sports facilities were fine - the pool and surrounds were nothing spectacular, but were well kept, very clean and the lawns/plants were well cared for. The Gym had most equipment one would need (better than average I'd say).

Overall therefore a good hotel, not one I'd classify as deluxe but a good solid reliable choice. Ideal for those looking for a slightly cheaper option than beachfront hotels, but one with a good location and facilities."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of November 2005

Dan Panorama Eilat- average hotel-not the best location

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"I've spend 7 days from September 1st to September 7th, 2005 at Dan Panorama Eilat hotel. Dan Panorama is NOT situated on the beach but on the Marina. It takes approximately 15-20 minutes of fast walking to reach the Northern beach(you would have to cross a little bridge to reach the Northern beach area...), about 10-15 minute to reach the nearest beach. The view from the hotel is pretty impressive - you could see the mountains and the Red sea looking towards the Jordan side or mountains on the Israeli side with the city of Eilat if your windows are on the opposite side of the building.

The hotel has one small main pool(nothing spectacular) and one very small kiddie pool. Towels are available from 9AM - 7PM and you can take them(should take them) to the beach with you - no towels will be available on the beach.... Guests of the Dan Panorama Eilat hotel are allowed to use the beach of Dan Eilat hotel for free but don't forget to ask for a special insert at the reception desk- beach attendant will ask you to show this insert as a proof that you're indeed staying at Dan Panorama Eilat. Otherwise you would be asked to pay for the umbrella...

Rooms at the hotel are pretty large- I stayed in the room with two beds, a balcony, in-room safe(free), large marble bathroom with bath and shower, large closets. Everything in the room looked pretty new and NOT rundown.
Room has been cleaned everyday(they started at about 8:30 AM..) - can't really complain about this aspect of my stay. Room service has been available with selection of mostly different types of salads, pizza, fruits and vegetables.

Check-in: We arrived at about 10:30AM - but the check-in started at about 12:00PM(their official policy states that it starts at 3PM..).

If you are a member of e-Dan Club(I advice you to join using Dan website -it is free- since you would be able to get a free arrival gift...some kind of beach bag and 12.5 % discount on all food, room service, phones, etc..), don't forget to remind at the reception that you are the member and provide them with your membership number... If you don't mention that you are a member you would not get any discounts automatically.

People at the reception are not very friendly if you don't speak Hebrew - they tend to ignore you while answering questions of other 'Hebrew-speaking' guest or they pretend that they don't understand you/don't have the information.

If you rate doesn't include dinner, it could be purchased separately at about 90 to 126 shekels per dinner per person. Even though there is a sign at the reception stating that the dinner is at $30 per person, I've been give different prices on different nights when trying to buy a dinner when entering the restaurant. When asking questions about the price, I've been give all kind of different versions from ladies at the restaurant and restaurant manager with respect to the price. Again it had a lot to do with the fact that I was not Israeli....

Dinner time 6:30-9:30PM.

Dinner itself is a buffet that included potatoes/rice, few choices of meats such as lamb, beef stew, few varieties of fish, lots of fresh vegetables, lots of breads, few salads, fruits and deserts. The quality of food was decent -some dishes were better than other, but I've seen much better selection and quality at many Caribbean hotels. No soft drinks or wine was included in the price - you would have to ask for it and would be charged extra.

Breakfast(was included in my rate) consisted of scrambled eggs, few choices of pot cheese(great taste!), sour cream, lots of vegetables, two varieties of herrings, few salads including greens, tuna salad, cucumber salad, breads, pastries.

There was a station where you could order omelets but make sure that you explain what exactly you order - again there was a nasty male cook who pretended that he didn’t understand English...and was pretty much ignoring my requests....Ask for the manager right away(blond lady...) - that would help...On few days I've seen her(the manager) take over the preparation of the omelets since she was definitely frustrated by the multiple complaints from many quests about the speed and communication at the 'omelet station'.

When the restaurant gets more people, it is challenging to get coffee or tea - so I took care of that myself..coffee pots and tea pots are available in the corners of the dining room on both sides. The dress code is pretty relaxed - you are not required to have pants - many people had shorts and sandals even during dinner.

There were also few bars in the hotel lobby where you could get some salads, sandwiches, drinks, coffee/milk shakes, etc.

There was a show every day at the hotel...decent but nothing to remember.

Check out: make sure you check you final bill before the departure date...you might find some charges you never had or wrong calculation...at least I had.....I also had to ask them to adjust my bill correspondingly since I was e-Dan member....Also, I never received a welcome give despite several reminders...been told that it would be delivered to my room...never happened... Not a big deal but just another indication of the level of service...there is definitely a difference in how they treat Israeli vs. people from outside Israel.

Helpful hints: The hotel is not cheap by any means - I got $138 per night rate at Expedia including breakfast...but I would suggest to pay more and try to stay at Dan Eilat or Isrotel Royal Beach or Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba or Sheraton Herods Palace hotels - they all are right on the Northern beach with multiple restaurants/night clubs/stores/etc...very convenient, great view, great pools with water slides, and all other goodies. There is also Sheraton Moriah hotel - almost on the beach...on the other side of the beach closer to the shopping center.

There are several places where you can eat for less(or for the same price as using Dan Panorama restaurant): Boston Sea Grill restaurant new Dan Hotel - great prices..they have 'business lunches' at 49, 63 and 79 shekels that include choice of soup or salad and a main course. I've tried the ones with soup(great..) and Mediterranean shrimps or Spring chicken(huge portion), also there are few places where you can get traditional Israeli dishes such as falafel/shaurma...also very good and inexpensive. Also, there Gulf restaurant near the entrance to Marina...very inexpensive place with good service and variety of dishes. Also, there is a shopping mall towards the Le Meridien hotel...where you would find food court with lots of inexpensive places....And for those who can't leave without 'real 'American food - there is a Burger King right on the beach near the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba hotel - whatever you order don't try "fish with bones sandwich.." - pretty nasty...we almost choked on it.

Shopping is great at the shopping center(mentioned above) and multiple street vendors.

Overall: I would not stay at that hotel - far away from the beach, not a good pool, not a lot to do for kids, crappy service if you are not Israeli/don't speak Hebrew."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2005