Good

Excellent stay, but use the stairs:-)

Reviewed Sun 31st of March 2013

"Booked this hotel after visiting their webpage. They had some pretty nice pictures from their hotel and when we arrived it was as if i`d jumped into cyberspace. The pictures were correct, it was a very beautiful area.
Hotel is located with a super view over the beach and city, small walk and you`re there.

We were met by a very service minded receptionist whom helped us from start to finish.

When we booked they only had twin rooms available, but it was clean and roomy. to bad the wifi didnt work yet.

We had a really nice stay.

The Park Hotel also have the most scary elevator i ever seen (im 100% sure its safe)! But the wall-to-wall carpet, the smell and size did really freak me out.

highly recommended hotel, but beware of the elevator:-)"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of August 2010

An excellent hotel,well worth it

Reviewed Thu 28th of March 2013

"I belive this hotel has such a great feel to it, you won't find an atmosphere better than in the park hotel.Anyone who dislikes this hotel are just looking for things to pick up on.I admit the food is not outstanding, but there are plenty of other places to eat in Tenby.and the hotels views just top everything.I have been here 6/7 times, and I don't regret one visit"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of July 2010

Super hotel

Reviewed Mon 1st of April 2013

"Tenby was recommended by several friends. Excellent .So much going for it.
The hotel was very good indeed. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Food in the restaurant nicely presented and service was excellent. Quality of food very good.
Room was fine - beds were poor but when I mentioned this on departure it was accepted with good grace. They dont sleep in the beds so they will not know.
Owner introduced himself to all the guests and had chats with them. Nice touch.
About 7 minutes into town slighly longer back as it is uphill but nothing too difficult.
Lovely grounds but their garden walk down to the beach looked too steep.
Will certainly return."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of June 2010

Nice but dont have a room by the lift

Reviewed Fri 29th of March 2013

"Nice hotel , carpeted throughout even in the lift . Speaking of the lift if you stay ask for a room as far away as possible , our room was next to it and I think it was built about 80 years ago . It creaks and groans and meant my wife , daughter and I had about 3 hours sleep !!
Nice enough otherwise and seems to have repeat clientele , also if you have a young family its an uphill walk back from the beach !"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of June 2010

Great Hotel

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"We stayed at the Park Hotel, for one night. It was great to get a hotel with parking, as parking can be difficult in Tenby. We were given a lovely room, with the most beautiful view of Tenby. Ok, the decor maybe a little dated, as some have already said, but that is all it is, it is actually very nice, very tasteful and very clean, certainly not shabby at all. Staff were great, and very helpful. The weather was glorious and we were able to sit on the terrace just taking in the view...the receptionist actually brought our drinks to us, which was a nice touch. There is also a swimming pool, which also looked great, but unfortunately does not open until May, so were unable to use this. Grounds of the hotel are very well kept, and there were sun loungers dotted about for the guests.
Although on hilltop, It is also only a very pleasant 10 minute walk into Tenby itself, not too bad walking back either.
The breakfast was very good, fresh and hot, and was waitress service, not buffet.
Other than breakfast I cannot comment on the other meals at the hotel. The menu did look very nice though!
Would we stay there again? Most certainly! The sooner the better!!

Even if you don't stay at the hotel I would recommend a visit for a drink and perhaps a bar meal. Take the drink onto the terrace and just relax taking in the view. Beautiful!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of April 2010

A lovely seaside hotel

Reviewed Wed 27th of March 2013

"What a refreshing change from the corporate urban hotel! This is a real seaside hotel with impressive levels of comfort including large rooms, lounges and plenty of carpets, even in the bathroom. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is parking at the front of the hotel for those who arrive early and a second car park at the rear. The view from our bedroom was super - through the trees to the bay.
The hotel is decorated in a flamboyant style reminiscent of an amateur production of Mary Poppins - the curtains in our room were interlined and clearly expensive but the huge swags of material hanging from the rail were unnecessary. We had breakfast and dinner. The cooking is good solid English in style and is plentiful although corners have been cut by using tinned or pre-cooked ingredients and the quality is suspect. Service in the dining room is dynamite quick - but is your meal ready and waiting just beyond the kitchen door?"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of February 2010

Valentines Day/Night

Reviewed Fri 22nd of March 2013

"Friendly, brilliant breakfast, made our valentines day that extra special, this hotel is where we going to be staying every visit to tenby. nothing was to much trouble with clean rooms good location sea views friendly staff. Thank You all very much. Lee&Jennifer Ebbw Vale"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of February 2010

best hotel

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"having just stayed for only one night,what a lovely hotel great room and a lovely breakfast
we have stayed in a few hotels in tenby it maybe a 10 minute walk to town center but it is worth it just to stay in this hotel.and what an effort they put in with christmas decorations nothing tacky, first class.only down side was we wished we had booked for more than one night.would recommend this hotel and hope to stay again soon"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of December 2009

excellent as always, 10th visit in 5 years

Reviewed Sat 23rd of March 2013

"we found the hotel by accident a few years ago.The decor is extreemly tastefull throughout the hotel.
When we first visited Tenby we chose to eat out , later decided to try the restaurant.
Decor again excellent , very good choice on the menu and staff always helpful and polite.since then we have always used the restaurant.
decor and layout very homely and the views are the best around.
Christmas the hotel is very tastefully decorated and it makes it all worthwhile.
I have stayed at hotels in Hong Kong,throughout Canada and some in Europe.
I can honestly say, this has to be one of the best I have stayed, thats is why we keep going back several times a year
you are always made very welcome and its a pleasure to stay there"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of October 2009

Delightful "Old School" Hotel

Reviewed Sun 24th of March 2013

"I stayed with friends at The Park Hotel in July. The friends had been many times before but this was my first visit and after a week there, I totally understood why they have been regulars over the years.

The hotel has a stunning hill top location overlooking Tenby Bay with wonderful views across to the town. It is an imposing white painted building giving off an ambiance of old world gentility. This is not a modern chrome and glass hotel and makes no attempt to be so.

Inside you are transported back to a bygone age where attention to detail and guest satisfaction were the norm. The staff were super friendly and although the red and black decor throughout tended to give the hotel a dark feel to it, this was overcome by the numerous large windows and high ceilings of the reception rooms and guest areas.

A few people have commented adversely on the food at the hotel. Perhaps it helped that I have fairly spartan tastes and like my food to be good yet simple but I was more than satisfied with the meals there. The dining room staff were always prepared to accommodate my changes to the menu and would remember them from day to day - which gave a lovely feeling that I'd been listen to. I never left a meal feeling hungry and it would've been my own fault if I had because again, extra portions were there for the asking.

Room wise it's again hard to fault the hotel. My room was large, clean and bright with all the amenities I'd expect and given it's solid construction, no noise filtered through from other parts of the hotel. This can be a huge plus point as frequent wedding receptions are held there.

Few people have mentioned the outdoor swimming pool but it was a wonderful amenity for us when we didn't want to swim in the sea. It was large, clean and only a few paces from the interior.

Being a hill top hotel does mean a steep walk to and from the town but that helped us to walk off the meals and we could enjoy sitting at the edges of the hotel's extensive grounds with unparalleled views of the sea, beaches and the town of Tenby below.

I would definitely return to this hotel where they have managed to combine old school values with modern standards of guest satisfaction."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of October 2009

The personal touch - old-fashioned and lovely

Reviewed Mon 25th of March 2013

"Old-world charm.

The Park Hotel is a rarity - sizeable enough to have a pool and two bars... but it has a friendly, cosy atmosphere of the kind that's rarely found in large hotels. Everything has a personal touch.

The staff are always lovely, the food delicious and the rooms always sparkling clean. And then there's the famous view - go to Tenby museum and see how many artists have appreciated it!

We were married in the hotel (THANK YOU! The day was amazing!) and have stayed there multiple times, and it's always fun to watch the faces of people who've never had the Park Hotel experience before... really old-fashioned red and gold decor! :-D

The hotel is particularly perfect for family holidays. (It's also very LGBT-friendly)."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of October 2009

Our favourite hotel in the whole world!

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Our family has stayed at Park Hotel, Tenby, every year since 1966. It's not that we're people who don't travel to anywhere else -I've been lucky enough to visit France, Italy, Spain and America in the past twelve months - it's just that we absolutely love this hotel and Tenby too, and make sure that, wherever else we go, we spend a week there every year. I was shocked to fine even one poor review (even though it's amongst lots of good ones!) . Please let me tell you why we love Park Hotel so much!
This hotel has been owned and run by the same family since the late 1950s. We found it by pure chance as some friends of ours had recommended Tenby.
Tenby's a delightful resort, old-fashioned in the best sense with clean beaches, safe swimming, lovely views and many interesting places to visit round about.
Park Hotel is old-fashioned too, in the very best sense of the word. Many hotels are very similar to each other - - bland decor, polite but switched-off staff.
Park Hotel is characterful, quirky and warm. Its staff - as even the writer of the poor review admitted - are warm, friendly and yet always efficient. The atmosphere is relaxing and laid-back and yet everything runs like clockwork.
The food is traditional with lots of beautifully-cooked roasts and plenty of different vegetables, but there are always vegetarian alternatives. The desserts are delicious!
There's an open-air heated swimming pool, always beautifully clean.
Indeed, the whole hotel is always sparkling clean. The decor looks new and fresh. The furniture's a mixture of the antique and the new, all in good condition and always well maintained..
Many friends of ours have stayed there over the years and loved it too.
If there's one word to sum up the place for me, it would be "Charm". Whenever I arrive, I feel I've come home, in the best sense of the word."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of October 2009