Exquisite Esplanade

Reviewed Thu 10th of January 2013

"Stayed at this hotel with my teenage children for a week, we had the family room, which was spacious,including settte & t.v. area, balcony and fantastic views of the ocean.Breakfast was great, so much choice from fresh fruit & yoghurt for me and whatever combination of cooked my children required.This is a family run hotel where the proprietors excel in personal service.I will definately return as had a glimpse of one of the 4 poster sea view rooms, with spar bath, look forward to accommodating that one all to myself - thank you Esplanade, really enjoyed all that your hotel offers."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of April 2008

Two Night Stay at The Esplanade

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Esplanade Hotel last weekend. We were a party of 10 - all with double rooms, one with a four poster. All the rooms were lovely ... spotlessly clean and the beds were very comfortable. The room with the four poster and jacuzzi was at the front of the hotel with a spectacular view over the sea.

The full english breakfast was delicious and the service was excellent. There was also a choice of cereal etc.

The hotel was conviently situated near to the centre of Tenby and in a great location.

We would definitely recommend it."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of March 2008

good weekend

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"stayed at the esplanade for weekend with friends for the rugby world cup. Staff very pleasant hotel full but no noise apart from seagulls 4.30 am (keep windows shut to aviod this). We stayed bed & breakfast and the breakfast was superb lots of choice from cereals, yogurts, fruit, full cooked, vegetarian to smoked salmon and different things on toast. There were 8 of us and Tenby has it all pubs clubs beach weather and lots of shops. We were with gr8 company and had a lovely weekend. Heard a were wolf again this trip but seemed to be the only one to hear it! Could have been due to strong pain killers taken after quad bike accident!! Would definately go back to this hotel again."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

Surprice Weekend

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Given by my daughter for a birthday present a 2 night stay at the Esplanade Hotel Tenby. We were very pleased as she booked a twin room and ended up with a family room settee and patio doors with a good view over the sea and as I cannot walk very far we appreciated just looking through the windows in comfort. Exceptionally clean and breakfast 1st class would stay there again"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of March 2007

Great views, Lovely hotel!

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"A suberb location with great view of Caldy Island. The staff are very accommodating and kindly upgraded us to the Four poster room when hearing that we had got engaged that evening.

the hotel is just a few minutes walk from the centre of Tenby and right next to the old town walls, a perfect location. We stayed in a standard room at the top of the hotel with no sea view, a room with a sea view and finally, on our last night, a room with a four poster bed. All the rooms were good value for money with the final room having a bay window with views of the sea from 3 directions! The breakfasts were excellent, I would recommend the salmon and scrambled egg !"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of November 2006

enjoyable weekend

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"Very happy with the hotel - service and room excellent - breakfast superb.
We booked a standard room but were upgraded to a 4 poster room wich was very nice -the bed very comfortable and view over Caldy island lovely.
Only downside - we were on 2nd floor (40+ stairs) and there is no lift - next time I will ask for 1st floor."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of October 2006

four poster - ouch!!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We stayed in a room that had a four poster bed in it and a jetted bath - the bed was incredibly uncomfortable and the pillows were no better. The jetted bath took an age to fill and then we could not get the plug out. the furniture was old and shabby- not the sort of room you wanted to snuggle up in and stay in doors."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of October 2006

Somewhere south of shabby chic

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"This is a small hotel in what appears to be a converted residence. The proprietors run the hotel on a daily basis and they are very kind and attentive. I absolutely loved the location - just outside the town wall and overlooking the beach with a great view of Caldy Island. The rooms were basically clean, although a few minor quibbles.

We stayed in a large room with an ocean view on the 2nd floor of the hotel. It was sufficiently private, quiet and roomy. But if you are not in the mood to compromise on a few issues, you may not fully enjoy your stay here. I found the mattress in our room to be a bit on the lumpy side (though not uncomfortably so), though the linens and duvet were of decent quality. The large bay window offered a fabulous view and lots of morning light, though only the middle portion would open. The bath and shower provided sufficient hot water and pressure, though the laminate floor is a turn off.

Breakfasts were of high quality and the table service was pleasant. I recommend this hotel though with the noted qualifications. I don't think you'll find a more desirable location in town."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of July 2005

Great little hotel with great views

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Stayed here for 1 night last weekend and had a very good experience, have stayed in 2 other B&Bs in previous years and this is better value for money.

Called them direct to get the standard room rate of £70 (including breakfast), the room does not have a sea view, you can book a sea view room for £80. The room was well decorated and looked in good condition, and much more spacious then what I expected. There is a tv, desk, coffee/tea facilities and cupboard in the room also. The toilet/shower was also clean and of a good size. The only small negative point was a few cobwebs in the room which could have been cleaned easily by them.

The breakfast offers a good choice, with vegetarian option as well, although this consisted of replacing the bacon/sausages with an extra tomato and baked beans! But you could also choose from a couple of other options if you didn't fancy the full English breakfast. There was also a buffet table with a choice of cereal, juice, fruit etc, and also a choice of newspapers.

The hotel itself is located on the main cliff road, overlooking the beaches, which can be easily accessed by a quick walk, it is also right next to the town walls so you are only a few mins from the main town streets of Tenby.

Parking is limited around the streets, but you can park at the large car park at the end of the road, which costs £2 a day.

The staff are very friendly and attentive, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Tenby."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of July 2005

Lovely small hotel

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a 4 night stay at The Esplanade Hotel in Tenby.

It is run by Julie and Peter who are really friendly and welcoming. The whole hotel is immaculate and clean - in fact I would say one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in (so much so my husband who never notices anything actually commented on its cleanliness!!). Its on a great spot above the South Beach looking out to Caldy Island.

The beds are really comfortable, the shower really powerful and the breakfasts are huge and freshly made to your individual order.

We thought parking may be an issue but Julie had assured me that there are normally spaces out on the Esplanade and we always found one near to the hotel - in fact just a 2-3 min walk away is a very large car park - but we never needed it.

I really couldn't fault this hotel at all - although it doesn't have pools or spas - we didn't need that - just a good book and a lovely room with good views - exactly what we wanted. Wouldn't hesitate to go back and stay there. Thanks Julie and Peter for a lovely stay.

Sarah"