About Presthaven Holiday Park

• wardrobe closet

Good

Fab time

Reviewed 7th April 2018

"We have just come home from a three night break here ,we all had a brilliant time ,on arrival our caravan wasn't ready for our check in time so Shauna the young girl checking us in sorted it out straight away & what she give us was perfect ,food was good,loved the entertainment for kids and live act was good ,overall I would recommend this site ,can't say about food as we didn't eat on site ,all staff were really friendly "

• Travel date: 8th May 2017

Not overly impressed

Reviewed 16th August 2016

"Campsite itself was fairly clean, although some areas clearly needed a bit of updating. Caravan was fine. Only problem really is that we felt hemmed in and overlooked. Net curtains would have helped a bit. You cannot Park next to caravans which can be a bit of a pain packing and unpacking. Was a bit of a pain having only one entrance to the whole complex. You have to wander your way through the maze of games machines and screaming kids just to get to burger king or the clubs! Disappointed that haven still only cater for children in the club's. No entertainment for adults really... Cabaret or live bands etc. Didn't even go to mash and barrel... Way too full of children all the time and too noisy. Did actually feel live we were on a rough council estate most of the time with noisy gabby folk everywhere. The staff seemed pleasant enough to speak to, chippy food was great, staff very nice in there too. Just way too noisy for us. Don't think we will be returning. "

• Travel date: 7th August 2016

Terrible place

Reviewed 27th July 2016

"Only back Saturday.place rotten . caravan infested with ants.pool dirty nappies in changing rooms. Poo floating in pool.complex toilets filthy overflowing and feces on floor .tables in mash and barrel never cleaned and sticky.we complained to reception all the time.they don't care. Whole family ill last two days of holiday and still are . environment health need out ASAP."

• Travel date: 14th July 2016

Uncomfortable stay

Reviewed 7th April 2016

"Freezing cold and damp clothes for my family clothes have been damp all week the caravan was not clean dust and grease on cupboards an TV had crack in the screen broken chairs for the table every day and night was horrible this time around my husband and 2 children left to come home earlier as they couldn't cope with the caravan as they were so unhappy with it family holiday was a wrecked I come to this place at least three times a year and I have booked to come in October the week for fire works Halloween am really thinking of twice shall I come back not happy with it this time around family time is important an this is happens to Windows were wet am dripping inside "

• Travel date: 6th April 2016

The slum dog experience

Reviewed 24th July 2015

"The place is filthy, staff haven't got a clue what's going on, we paid for a high spec caravan and got a s##t hole to stay in, please don't take this the wrong way as I don't want to sound like a snob but whatever area you live just imagine being shacked up with the worst residents of the local council estate for a week and you have the Presthaven Sands Holiday Park experience, the whole place is a money making racket it's not about family fun."

• Travel date: 24th July 2015

Fantastic holiday

Reviewed 21st July 2015

"I took the family(5 of us) to Presthaven for a week. Things couldn't have worked out better. Mobile home was clean, spacious and very well equipped. The park was very well run, clean, tidy and we always felt safe for the kids. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and there was always plenty going on to keep us occupied, we didn't need to leave the complex. I had expected the worst after reading some of the previous comments, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Great time thanks Presthaven."

• Travel date: 21st July 2015

Holiday from hell

Reviewed 29th December 2014

"Hooked this holiday hoping to make good childhood memories for my children.It was like a council estate things getting thrown at our caravan window my children got hit and name called off other children.Then on a night out at the complex my 13 year old daughter got attacked of a woman about 40 trying to protect her friend over an argument between 2 children in the arcade, i shouted the doormen who did nothing to get the woman of my 13 year old daughter it was left to me and my friend to stop it full of chaps who goes on holiday to fight? It was like a Liverpool council estate.Very disappointing, the pool changing rooms were filthy and crammed everything was overpriced would not recommend this camp to anyone "

• Travel date: 22nd December 2014

worst family break ever

Reviewed 20th August 2014

"We booked into a standard 3 bedroom caravan with our 2 children and our friends booked into the same, we found the caravans very basic which was ok as we was only there to sleep but we didn't think they were over clean the floors looked like they needed a good sweep the shower had black mold round the edge.the kettle was filthy and the sofa smelt like wet dog. The restaurant always looked untidy as tables were dirty and full of dirty plates and glasses.i had to ask for someone to clear table before we could eat.we were booked in for 3 nights but left after 2 because our son and our friends daughter came down with nasty sickness, diarrhea and stomach cramps then the rest of came down with it as soon as we left and we are all still not well.i stayed at an haven a few years ago and it was great! so this has left us very disappointed. "

• Travel date: 19th August 2014

Haven cannot please everyone!

Reviewed 18th March 2014

"I have been twice with my 6 year old son, I am a mid 30s single mum. I have spent two holidays one Monday to Friday and the last one Friday to Monday here and on both occasions my son has thoroughly enjoyed this. Ok, the entertainment by the Funstars leave a lot to the imaginations and they will never win X factor but they do their best and the kids love it! The facilities do vary from one caravan to another, but I have only found one fault on my last stay and I reported this and it was rectified without any problems, I think its the way people approach the subject of complaints I always find a nice approach works at first not going into the hard, on-the-bounce approach as witnessed while I was there, this didn't go down too well, understandably! The fun facilities for the kids to use, well the swimming pool is ok, water temperature in the baby pool wasn't very warm but was bearable, after all the larger pool was nice and warm! My son had swimming lessons on a 121 basis while there that I booked in a fun package, he also went to Archery, water boating and fencing on this pass I booked extra which was cheaper to book online before going. Nightly entertainment, yes it is more expensive for alcoholic drinks, this is a holiday camp after all and its expected , well by myself anyway this is! Food is slightly more expensive but a taxi or bus ride away to Prestatyn center for the supermarket, or if driving like me its 10 minutes in car to Aldi! I have found the staff really helpful each time, from customer service, lifeguards, entertainment staff, security and also the security on the doors of the club are professional. In my eyes if you go with the kids to enjoy it, as long as they are you should be! typical British holiday fun, on a typical camp, typical entertainment! Also, no smoke without fire the security/doormen don't and wont interfere with anyone unless needed to. I have booked again when got home 3 days ago for 6 weeks time for a further weekend. I felt safe as a single mum on my own, with plenty to do for my son and myself, very helpful staff and felt secure walking round at night. I suppose you cannot please everyone, and people will complain about anything and everything. Cannot beat Haven for Holidays I have been going since a child and my son will also grow up with fond memories as I have! Wonderful Holiday once again for us! "

• Travel date: 18th March 2014

my stay

Reviewed 9th September 2013

"Very enjoyable, but really need another entrance on the other side of complex and under cover setting for smokers,and mash &barrel to stay open later for those who like a quiet drink "

• Travel date: 7th September 2013

mash and barrel restaurant

Reviewed 2nd August 2013

"I came to the mash and barrel at presthaven sands for a caverey to be told that there is no meat so i opted for something off the menu and so i ordered the chicken and bacon melt which was undercooked and the waiter/waitress had said it was the bbq sauce which had seeped through the skin even though it was skinless and on the underside which had no bbq sauce on. If you are going to eat at a mash and barrel please check your food. "

• Travel date: 28th July 2013

no problems,had a good time.

Good
Reviewed 25th June 2013

"Been two times never had a problem, food and drinks ok , did shopping in Rhyl on day trip, cheaper and more options, would recommend papa johns pizza out of this world and the special offers in the café on the site. It was clean and staff were friendly me my son and the wife had a good time."

• Travel date: 25th June 2013
  • ...

Hotels near Presthaven Holiday Park

Top traveller tips for Presthaven Holiday Park

• by Hugh M

"Get the activities booked early and go to pool first thing Am or Pm"

• by Thomas E

"try the pizza from pappa johns,stay away from burger king,go to mcdonalds in rhyl."

• by Kelly C

"See the rest of Wales, take cleaning products as you will need them, take your own duvets and pillows."

• by Anne B

"go and enjoy the entertainment the beach is beautiful and sandy there a ranger station on site to help with the wild life on the beach"

• by Penny E

"have the highest upgrade caravan"

• by Alison L

"The long walks on the beach to the lighthouse"

• by 2011

"make most of the entertainment evening and the daytime"

• by 90NFFC

"Budget more for fuel, shop in Prestatyn (Small town) or Rhyl (Has supermarkets)"

• by nic

"dont go at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• by rayman

"ban football outfits and no sreening of matches. leave that at home"

• by nadine

"having a car would help to get out and about."

• by vonny

"buy food off site visit markets down by station"

• by Liz

"Stay on site - there's loads to do."

• by cate

"great entertainment for the kids,keeps them out of the arcade"

• by smudgesteel2009

"Have a drive into Prestatyn & Rhyl lots to see and do"

• by sam

"go to beachcomber inn on the way down to presthaven sands, better than the sites bar and entertainment"

• by Andy

"make sure that what is advertised is open for customers to use."

• by Surfinjim

"Take your own grub or travel off site"

• by Bs42

"The beach at presthaven isnt the best,Go to Talacre 1 mile down the road for a better one.better access too"

• by malvernman

"buy lots of entertainment passes"

Presthaven Holiday Park is also called