Hotel Exterior

Welcome break

Reviewed 23rd March 2016

"This is a lovely clean hotel,, bit expensive but a real treat with very helpful staff...Bar and food pricey , We had a room for disability person which was excellent with wet room, plenty of space.. the hotel is in a great location just a shame about the small car park.. would love to visit again... "

• Travel date: 23rd March 2016

The setting of this Hotel could not be b...

Reviewed 14th December 2007

"The setting of this Hotel could not be bettered, looking straight out on to Llandudno Bay with the imposing shadow of the Great Orme to your left. This is a slightly old fashioned hotel which was starting to go through a bit of a facelift while I was there but it was still very nice. It has a good health club and small pool which are also available to local people by subscription. The gym equipment looked well maintained. The food was good and reasonable quantities. I was here for a Conference and a large group of us were well looked after by the friendly staff. Llandudno itself is in a bit of a time warp, you can imagine it looking roughly the same 100 years ago, especially along the prom. It is a nice long prom and is probably about 2 or more miles from end to end. The weather was nice when we there, despite being in March, and I found the front pretty and photogenic, I still use pictures of Llandudno on my PC desktop. Would I go back? Llandudno is good for what it does best, Conferences and midweek breaks. If I was staying any longer I would hire a car and use it as a base to explore that part of Wales. "

• Travel date: 14th December 2007

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"This is definitely worth a visit, although I had concerns regarding the length of the journey for a long weekend, it is one I will eagerly make again. I was suprised the hotel was only 3 star rating, as our room and level of service was of a very high standard. The three things that made my stay, apart from Llandudno's walks, were: the friendly staff, who were very informative and happy to help; the cleanliness of both the rooms and the reception area; and the magnificent breakfast - which I spent most of the day walking off!"

• Travel date: 17th November 2005

Good service, nice room

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"Pleasant stay. The room was very nice and spotlessly clean. Slight problem with someone smoking heavily in an adjacent room but the staff were extremely helpful and sympathetic and moved us to another room which was even better. Circulation areas are very shabby and not yet refurbished - very creaky floors which can disturb you early in the morning. Leisure facilities OK but guests have to walk barefoot in dressing gowns through the hotel to get to them and walk back again whilst still wet - Stange arrangement! Take your slippers! Children only allowed to swim 9 am - 6 pm. Great breakfast, freshly cooked to order."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2005

Mixed feelings

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"My family and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of August. I am not sure what to say about this one. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The location was perfect. My husband and son enjoyed themselves here, and particularly liked the character of the hotel. The breakfast was good here, with excellent service. The only thing that my husband and son did not like was the pool, because they only allowed kids at a certain time. My son was so heart broken, when he discovered he wasn't allowed to go in. My experiences of the hotel were different to my family. I guess I enjoy more modern hotels, with no character. The room was big, but the decor was definately tired and needed an update. The bathroom was big and was more modern. I saw a spider in the room, which bothered me, since I am not a spider lover. What I hated was walking along the corridors. In some areas, you feel like you were going fall through. The boards were weak. Like I said, my family enjoyed the hotel more than I did, so our reviews are different. It was only the building itself that bothered me, not the staff or service."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2005

What a nightmare!

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"Guest rooms: I booked this hotel because I trusted the Best Western reputation and because the pictures of the rooms on the website looked great. When I checked in, I got a shabby room with filthy curtains, a dirty duvet and a floor riddled with stains. The TV was on the floor and the toilet wouldn't flush. I saw that other rooms on other floors were refurbished (same price!) and looked just like the ones on the website. But neither the Best Western or Imperial Hotel websites mention this fact. The final straw was at 1 am when the pipes in the wall began to howl so loud it woke me up. I went down to reception. I was polite, but the man at front desk was terribly rude and barked, "Yah, we're workin' on it". It turns out that the plumbing in my hallway hadn't been modernized because the hotel ran out of money. Customer Service(??): The next day when I went to check out, I saw a tariff sign that quoted double rooms at 100GBP (with breakfast included). I paid 110GBP on the Best Western website (no breakfast). Best Western promises “best rate guaranteed” so I inquired at the front desk. The lady went to get a manager. Instead of coming over to speak to me, the manager starting yelling across the room about how her hotel was not owned by Best Western, but part of a marketing consortium, blah blah technical details. She refused to recognize that there was a problem with the price discrepency. I told her I was disappointed that reception hadn't told me this when I checked in, or even offered me the breakfast buffet that everyone else in the hotel got to eat. Upon hearing this, she snapped. She chastised me for not calling the hotel directly and for foolishing booking through an agent. But Best Western is not an agent, and they promise to have the lowest rates guaranteed. The hotel has a Best Western sign outside and uses Best Western toiletries, bath robes, etc. I had no idea the hotel was privately owned. I felt terrible for the other customers, who got so embarrassed when she started to scream at me. I felt like a child - I'd simply asked about the price difference and she got so defensive and hysterical. In the end, I replied calmly that I had never actually been yelled at by a hotel employee and I just wanted to pay my bill and leave. Leisure Facilities: The pool and hot tub were clean, yet open to non-guests (so they filled up fast). The sauna was tiny, but also clean. I'd like to say the hallway leading to the pool was clean, but someone had vomited all over the floor when I arrived. It sat there for 30 min. (even though staff knew about it) before it was cleaned up. Then I could finally go swimming."

• Travel date: 13th August 2005

Great Food Great Hotel

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"Stayed on 7th December 2004. Hotel was very well decorated and clean, furniture modern and functional. Very good shower and bathroom. The food was excellent wide choice of locally courced food and the service was of a high standard throughout."

• Travel date: 10th December 2004

Lovely food shame about the room

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"My husband, myself and our two children stayed in a family room for a night in June, we found the pool area and food to be excellent but found the room to be way below the standard that we had expected, the carpet in the bathroom where it met the edge of the bath was stained black, there were water stains over parts of the wallpaper in the sleeping area and the carpet in the room was discoloured and the furniture on a whole was very old and when I opened the wardrobe it was like a sound effect from a horror film! On arrival the receptionist gave us our room key ( number 122) and turned around to serve somebody else leaving us standing there not knowing where to go to get to our room! I believe from another guest that it is all being refurbished and we must have a room that they had not done yet, so either wait untill it's been decorated or don't stay in room 122!"

• Travel date: 19th June 2004

Everything a hotel should be

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"We have stayed at the Imperial many times and have never had a disappointing time. The rooms are lovely, large and luxuriously appointed (we have executive rooms) The suites are suptuous if you want real luxury and can afford it book one of these. Breakfast is always good and the restaurant is superb. The restaurant staff, especially Carl, are really helpful and are welcoming to everyone from very old ladies, business people and small children. The toiletries in the rooms are plentyful and you never have to ask for anything. Llandudno would be the perfect place to holiday if the weather was better but we have often just gone for a weekend away in the middle of winter and still had a wonderful time at the Imperial. The seaviews, promonade and mountain walks are a perfect tonic and the hotel spa great. Well done, we will be back soon and don't ever change."

• Travel date: 18th April 2004

Wonderful time in Llandudno and at the Imperial

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"Unfortunately, we spent only three days in Llandudno at the Best Western Imperial. Next time, I will stay longer. Our service was excellent from the front desk to the service in the dining room. Because we were there in early March and the tram was not in operation to the Great Orme, the manager even gave us a ride to the top of the mountain. Our large room had windows on two sides and faced the Promenade. The Imperial is a historic hotel with large public spaces. I would definitely stay in this hotel again."

• Travel date: 26th March 2004

Simply refreshing!!!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"I have stayed at The Imperial Hotel on a number of holidays to Llandudno and have thoroughly enjoyed the trip. I loved waking up to the views of the Irish Sea from my front-facing window and found my room more than adequately equipped and extremely comfortable. The leisure complex was relaxing but found one pool-worker quite rude when asked to leave the pool. The spa-pool is lovely!!. The one thing that shone about the hotel was the dreamy and fantastic Hotel Restaurant, 'Chantreys' which boasted fresh, local Welsh cuisine and catored for all types of tastes. The holiday was so enjoyable because I felt valued by the hotel staff and felt the peacefulness of the hotel helped me to enjoy my trip to North Wales. I would reccomend The Imperial to any holidaymaker wishing to invigorate and re-new their batteries in the Victorian splendour that is of The Imperial! Master Jones (13)"

• Travel date: 16th February 2004

Hotels near Imperial Hotel

Top traveller tips for Imperial Hotel

• by Irene W

"Changing room at the pool please"

Imperial Hotel is also called