Good

I think ive pitched up along the M25 !!!!!!

Reviewed 18th July 2018

"Arrived , given a map and told could park anywhere in the tent area ... first chose a place but realised it was the other side of the hedge to the M25 ... Sorry I mean the main road so moved ... Still I have never been to a camp site that is overpowered by such noisy traffic in my life !!! I was hoping for a peaceful relaxing few days by the coast .it really is disgusting and would not recommend this to anyone. The demountable shower and toilet blocks in the centre of the camping area are a complete eye sore and very dirty with dirty loos and no loo roll ! Very very disappointed it really is the poor area of the site ... Incidentally I wouldn't be impressed if I paid what you pay to stay in a caravan they are packed together like sardines ... no area to sit outside as your car has to be parked right outside your door youd be confined to your caravan !!!!!!"

• Travel date: 1st July 2018

AVOID

Reviewed 5th December 2016

"From 2017, this park does not allow awnings with touring caravans, this is barbaric, The bar prices are extortionate, the length of the queue for the bar is outrageous, "

• Travel date: 9th November 2016

bought a static

Reviewed 13th April 2016

"We have recently bought a caravan from Park Resort. Found the caravans on pre-loved where we contacted Jack. Jack was a very pleasant no pressure sales person. He asked us what we were looking for and sent us pictures accordingly. Nothing was to much for him even in his own time. We came and viewed and bought a lovely 3 bedroom caravan. Thank you Jack for all the time you put in. The staff are very friendly, helpful and sorted any problems or questions we had. The pool is lovely and well maintained. Meals in the Boat House are nice, (really recommend the club sandwich with chips). Everywhere is clean and well maintained. the park is excellent for the kids, plenty to do and animal friendly, with a short distance walk to the beach,"

• Travel date: 13th April 2016

Disapointing gold caravan

Reviewed 20th April 2016

"We stayed in a gold caravan and where disappointed to say the least. The fire did not work, the beds were really poor, the shower was broken and there was no room for a travel cot, even though we included a infant in our booking. The swimming pool was dirty, the evening entertainment for children was poor and the campsite was muddy and flooded. On the plus side the food in the restaurant was ok and the outdoor play for children was good. It was not very expensive so I suppose you get what you pay for but I don't thing that I will be going back to Ty Mawr."

• Travel date: 11th April 2016

Worst holiday ever

Reviewed 3rd August 2015

"This was the worst holiday ever. Accommodation was horrible they say it was silver but it was definitely bronze and it was not lean when we got there we found used tissue down the side of the couches and under the bed. The pool was filthy. We couldn't get into he club because it was overfilled and when we did finally get in the entertainment was shockingly horrendous. The food was horrible and over priced. All in all I would not recommend this site too anyone. Bad accommodation bad food filthy pool and it was like beings in a version of be no dorm but in wales. "

• Travel date: 1st August 2015

a scary place, not for small children!

Reviewed 20th August 2014

"I am very very disappointed with this place. Me and my son put our tents up and had some dinner then went in the shown at. It was so packed, we stood up for an hour, when we saw people leaving a table we sat down at it then suddenly this women tried to pick a fight we me in front of her kids she was very aggressive just because I sat at the table, she already was sat at a table but wanted the table I was sat at. We decided to get out of there cause not much choice of drinks and cost 7 pounds for a bottle of cider and a j2o. After a while we went back to our tent it was extremely windy and col. After an. At 1 am the people in the next tent started fighting, three lads and two girls, they were hitting each other screaming and shouting, the security came and just stood there, the police came and everything went quiet for a while. The next day I decided to go home. It wasn't a nice relaxing place, the people there were very aggressive and intimidating, didn't want my son being anxious, he already witnessed disgusting behavior. When I told the staff we were going they didn't seem bothered or interested."

• Travel date: 20th August 2014

camping in meadows

Reviewed 22nd July 2014

"Ive been to the Ty Mawar camping for years i went 11th July i was shocked to be sent to the meadows always gone the other side what a nightmare dirty toilets swimming in urine,smelly! the noise in the evening was horrendous no security patrols we complained and were told council wont give the licenses for camping on the other side anymore only tourers so guess what I am not going anymore gone totally downhill goodbye Ty Mawar. "

• Travel date: 18th July 2014

chav holiday park.

Reviewed 6th August 2013

"Just back from ty mawr.we booked private accomodation for a week which was not too bad in a nice quiet area of the park (thank god).Up at the main complex its filthy,expensive and very noisey.On the last night i took my 2 kids to the park/play area only to witness a man with his kids openly takeing drugs!could not believe my eyes.these were not soft drugs.please do not go here if you are a decent hard working family ."

• Travel date: 3rd August 2013

Don't always believe what you read

Reviewed 6th August 2013

"Just back from a 4 night stay. i read reviews before going and I wasn't expecting to have the best of times due to what i read. But to be fair I was pleasantly we stayed in a bronze caravan it was clean and did the job. The site on a whole was nice and well kept and there's enough there to keep the kids entertained. What made our holiday there for me was the staff the reception to the bar staff even the doormen to the clubs were welcoming and were happy to chat and no one ever seemed put out. Will definitely go again"

• Travel date: 26th July 2013

First time at Ty Mawr

Good
Reviewed 9th July 2013

"Didnt read the reviews as only going for one night. First time camping. Had a great time. The park was clean and fellow campers considerate and kept the noise to a minimum. Showers and toilet blocks were cleaned every hour or so and plenty of shower cubicles to go around. The park security patrolled the site around the tents every couple of hours and you needed to show your pass on entering the club at all times. Park Resorts staff were ok and helpful and therefore no problems there. Overall enoyable site. "

• Travel date: 8th July 2013

worst holiday ever!!

Reviewed 7th September 2012

"I took are family camping here me my partner are 2 year old daughter and are dog and on arrival we was very happy pitched the tent and had loads of room. we went to find the toilets and they was discusting porta loos and showers the toilets were flooded and there was poo all over the walls the showers was fine couldnt complain about them and took us ages to find were to get water the part for cleaning ur pots and pans was tiny only 2 people fit in..... we went out for the day to come back to find the campsite chocker there were tents everywere they was camped so close to are tent u could hear every little sound the people behind us was so drunk screaming and shouting about egging peoples caravans and setting fire to tents then started to make flame throwers by setting fire to hairspray or something along these lines and we could see the flame thrower going past are tent wile in bed and was so worried it would catch fire but the group was so big and roudy i deared not say anything...the people in the next tent did not shut up drinking and screming and arguing all night till 6oclock in the morning everyone around kept asking for them to keep it down from 2am but they just got louder and in the end they kept waking my little one up so i lost my temper at half 5 and they finaly shut up around 6 in the end we decided to go home 2 days early as it was truly horrible the people were frightening and we just wanted a nice family holiday this deffo wasnt suitable for kids....worst part was the security came round all night and didnt say a thing!!!"

• Travel date: 7th September 2012

SHUT IT DOWN!!

Reviewed 9th August 2012

"Just read 'full of flies' review, & totally agree. On arrival we went into reception with our confirmation, (needent of bothered using my ink to print it off!).Reception staff said "how long you here for"!? and "whats ya name?" & pitch down the bottom if i were you the other pitching site is too rowdy!!. Filled us with confidence NOT!!, It was basic to say the least, never saw a warden, or any security, or any cleaning staff in the whole 4 days we were there. ok so the weather wasnt great, but the basics were below that the state of the feild was disgusting, overflowing bins & to be honest if you werent a gypsy you were made to feel quite intimidated. Off to the swimming pool....ohhhh nooooo, CLOSED for 2 days!, The arcade stank of musty dirty water, & different prices for rounds of drinks & god awful food made us stay in our caravan. Awful awful place. Have always holidayed with Haven but thought we would give park resorts a go, NEVER EVER agen, Haven all the way better places, better people. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE"

• Travel date: 9th August 2012

Hotels near Ty Mawr Holiday Park

Top traveller tips for Ty Mawr Holiday Park

• by Susan F

"go elsewhere if camping"

• by Flower135

"It's a caravan park accept it for what it is."

• by Barbara R

"Avoid the rigged bingo like the plague!"

• by lozymac

"you definately need a car because theres not much there excpt caravan sales"

• by ahickton