Ty Rosa B&B

118 Clive Street, Cardiff CF11 7JE Wales

Good

Great rooms and really friendly crew

Good

"Paul and Stuart were great hosts serving up fantastic breakfasts. They picked us up from the train station, which is a real relief when you're travelling around and always having to sort out how to get where you're staying from the train station or airport. When we arrived at Ty Rosa we were greeted with tea and a quick rundown of all the places to visit, eat, and drink in town as well as how to get around, which is also fantastic when you've never been somewhere before. They offered great restaurant tips!!

The room was incredibly comfortable - big bed, nice sheets, lots of space. And very clean!! Breakfasts were fantastic and the selection allows for everyone's tastes to be taken care of. Their sitting room is also a great place to sit and relax.

My only complaint is that they need another toilet because it can get a bit busy first thing in the morning with only one for all the rooms."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of November 2007

Nice B&B, close to the heart of the city

"Wonderful service, food (excellent variety of food for breakfast) and warm hospitality from Paul and Stuart. They couldn't do enough for us - on arrival we were offered a cup of tea/coffee, before being shown to our room! The Room that was allocated to us was The Keep (at the top of the house), this was a lovely, spacious room, with all the comforts of home! Room was clean and decorated to a modern standard - tea/coffee facilities were in room, as well as personal items such as toiletries. We would happily recommend to anyone and would consider returning to this establishment in the near future. The only downside was that of the five rooms - only one was en-suite, although we were informed by the owners that The Keep was due to have en-suite facilities, and that work would be starting on this in November 2007. Plenty of information is offered by Paul and Stuart, they even supplied us with a street map of Cardiff. Max the black labrador was a wonderful natured dog to get to know."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of November 2007

Best B&B ever!!!

"When we arrived, we had a warm welcome and were pleasantly surprised with the modern, yet comfortable decor.
Our room was bright, a good size, and the decor was lovely and tasteful.
All amenities available were fab, we could chill out in our room & watch movies which were provided for us, or we could hop on a bus into Cardiff town center, or walk 5 min down the road to a selection of Indian, Chinese & other restaurants.
The map we were provided with was clear & easy to follow, & we were told about all the places we could venture out to via walking, bus or car.
The breakfast choices are great, I had a different breakfast every morning, the food was tasty & there was more than enough to satisfy tummy & tastebuds!
All in all, the best B&B we've stayed in! We will definately be back to Ty Rosa every time we go to Cardiff!!! :o)"

• Travel date: Wed 31st of October 2007

One of Cardiff's little gems!

"This is one of, if not the best B&B my husband and I have ever stayed in. We were made to feel so welcome, more like friends than paying guests. We were given a warm welcome including loads of info on keeping safe in Cardiff and places to go. We were even given our hosts mobile numbers in case we had an emergency!
The food was excellent, the rooms clean and bright and the house was beautifully decorated. I'd definitely recommend staying here and I hope to visit again myself. Stuart and Paul, thank you very much for makiing our stay so wonderful!"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of October 2007

Breakfast better than Morgan's Swansea

"I can only reiterate what myself and my three friends said about Ty Rosa, Paul, Stewart and not forgetting Max, the black labrador.

We were made so welcome, the atmosphere was fantastic, the rooms were so clean and tastefully decorated.

The breakfast, well what can I say? It was even better than Morgan's Hotel in Swansea so I don't need to say any more, it should speak for itself.

Well recommended. We won't bother looking for anywhere else, if it's Cardiff, it's got to be Ty Rosa.

Fantastic."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2007

Excellent!

"This is an excellent b&b!!! From picking us up at the train station, to making us tea on arrival and going over the map of Cardiff and giving us the Tapas for a Tenner dinner tip, the stay at Ty Rosa was out of this world. The breakfast was amazing, the hosts were friendly and down to earth, and the bedrooms were lovely. We felt very welcome and loved the proprietors and their lovely dog Max. Highly recommended!"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of October 2007

fantastic place.

"we spent two nights at this b&b when we visited cardiff.straight away we where made welcome by the lovely hosts who were so thoughtfull and helpfull,the house is spacious and so comfortable and the decor is amazing.i would highly recommend this b&b to everyone who goes to cardiff............"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of October 2007

Welcoming, Good Quality Accommodation

"I have just returned from a trip to Cardiff. This B&B made me feel welcome straight away and nothing was too much trouble. Despite being a very fussy eater, I found something different to eat from the menu at breakfast each morning - there was so much to choose from!

Stuart and Paul (and Max the dog!) were very friendly, and also very professional at the same time. Upon arrival we were given a map, cup of coffee and we were told about all the things we could do in Cardiff for the weekend.

Overall, very clean and every last detail about this B&B has been thought out. Will definitely try and book a room here if I return to Cardiff!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of October 2007

A gem!

"I stay away through work quite a lot, and generally find that the standard of room in this price bracket is often not so great, especially in cities..
This is a fabulous Bed and Breakfast, beautifully decorated with little touches which are lovely - ie digital TV in the rooms, complementary Dove products and an air freshener in the room which actually smells nice and just isn't there to hide any problems!!
Paul and Stuart are lovely - very welcoming and friendly as is their dog! Everyone welcome.. More like staying over with friends than a guest house!
Make sure you make time for breakfast, as this is a treat too!
All round a super place to stay - i've been recommending it ever since!"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of October 2007

Doctor Who an added bonus to my stay

"I found Ty Rosa through LateRooms.com. Despite booking months after my friend, we both managed to be in the same place! The B&B is very easy to find during the day, even among the terraces, owing to its pink exterior. I had regular email contact before arriving. Paul and Stuart are very welcoming, as is their adorable black labrador Max, with complimentary teas on my arrival and informal chats in their oversized comfy sofas. Nothing seems too much trouble, and this may owe to the intimacy of just four bedroms (Max isn't allowed in the rooms owing to customers with allergies). Breakfast is freshly prepared just how you want it, and the choice on offer is slightly overwhelming! For those without laptops to utilise the wireless Internet, there is the possibility of checking things on their computer before leaving for the day.

The rooms themselves are very upmarket in inoffensive browns and creams for the bedroom and crisp whites for the en suite, and well above expectations given the price. The room refreshments includes tea, coffee, hot chocolate and bottled mineral water, and there is a DVD-playing TV should you wish to unwind. In-house DVDs are available for free, but there is the suggestion to donate to the named charities when lending a title for the night.

The price is also excellent given the proximity to the city centre. The bus stop is almost literally outside (take lots of £1 coins if travelling by bus!), and taxi fares during my stay never went above £5 to the city centre. Despite only having been in business there a few months at the time of writing, their knowledge of local transport and venues was very good; this wasn't just 'typical' tourist attractions, but included an impressive knowledge of Doctor Who filming locations. Without their guidance, I never would have met the Tenth Doctor during my stay! If I return to Cardiff, this is where I'll be staying."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of October 2007

Cardiff's Hidden Jewel - the Ty Rosa

"If Robert Louis Stevenson had ever stayed at the Ty Rosa in Cardiff, he would never have written: ‘To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive’! Ty Rosa is a bijou 4-star hotel masquerading as a B&B with the warmest of welcomes, flawless service, superb food, and exceedingly comfortable and well-appointed rooms. (I stayed in The Keep). Stuart and Paul are superb hosts for whom nothing is too much trouble It is excellent value of money and probably the most desirable destination in Cardiff for a totally relaxed stay. "

• Travel date: Fri 24th of July 2015

what a fabulous place, a B&B with the flare of a hotel.

"I stayed at this place whilst visiting Cardiff and on arrival was given a cuppa tea and shown on a city map where i was and where various things are in and around Cardiff. Now that was helpful !. My room was clean and tidy and the hosts were great, even their dog Max is a cute one. Breakfast is hard work, only becuase you don't know what to choose from the extensive menu. Wish i stayed longer to sample more of the delights from the menu. Definately worth a stay.

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of October 2008

Hotels near Ty Rosa B&B

Stayed at Ty Rosa B&B? Share your insight.

Ty Rosa B&B is also called