Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa

Spa

Good
Good

My Husband and I stayed in this hotel on...

Reviewed 22nd February 2007

"My Husband and I stayed in this hotel on their Romantic package. We had a wonderful time; the staff were very helpful and friendly. The package was value for money including flowers & champagne. The food in the hotel was lovely with generous portions! The hotel is located just a 5 min walk from Cardiff centre as well. By far the best hotel we have stayed in."

• Travel date: 22nd February 2007

This is a quality hotel with an excellen...

Reviewed 9th September 2006

"This is a quality hotel with an excellent restaurant situated in the middle of Cardiff City. I went for a relaxing weekend and I guarantee you I was relaxed. The hotel did everything there could to ensure my satisfaction. Take advantage of the spa facilities and what the hotel has to offer and you too will visit repeatedly. Welcoming staff formulate a pleasant atmosphere. Enjoy. "

• Travel date: 9th September 2006

Luxury for all - even families

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"Very impressed with my whole experience here. It was an old office block but has been transformed into a brilliant hotel - my room (on the 8th floor) had amazing views across Cardiff to the bay and the sea beyond, it was very well appointed - robes, music centre, quality furnishings. and the staff were memorably nice. I was in a corner room and travelling with children - could have been awkward in some luxury hotels but the L shaped room and double sofa bed was ideal for families and we were treated so well - there is a good childrens' menu in the restaurant, nice small indoor pool, and friendly helpful staff. The dinner in the restaurant was excellent, - gourmet! including local dishes (rabbit, lava bread etc) and not expensive! The hotel also has a big gym and spa - didn't try it but looked good. It is on an ugly busy road just off the pedestrian shopping area (good shops) only 5 minutes walk to Cardiff castle and 10 minutes to the millenium stadium. Lively area in the evening. Cardiff bay is great to visit too, lots more bars, restaurants and things like techniquest and speedboating for the kids but you'd need to drive/taxi from the hotel. There's lots to do round Cardiff for families within 30 minutes drive - beaches (beautiful ones west brash barry island east) Big Pit experience, Roman fort, St Fagins buildings , a haunted house etc We had a great time over a lond weekend and would love to go again"

• Travel date: 5th September 2005

Couldn't have been more helpful

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"Just returned from a great stay at this hotel - booked to celebrate my wedding anniversary. When I told the staff that it was our anniversary they upgraded us to a suite on the 14th floor complete with a box of chocolates and hand written (nice touch) card to congratulate us. Having stayed in several 5 star hotels - this 4 star beats them all!"

• Travel date: 25th August 2005

Wonderful Hotel

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Just returned from a very enjoyable stay at the Holland House Hotel. My sister, husband and I were visiting relatives and the hotel made a very relaxing base. The staff were extremely professional and friendly and the hotel as a whole had a very stylish, cosmopolitan atmosphere. The rooms were exactly as previously reviewed, spacious with every amenity and lovely views. We are already missing the breakfasts! Stay here and you will not be disappointed."

• Travel date: 14th August 2005

Sheer luxury!

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"Definitely the best hotel we have ever stayed in - the staff were really friendly and the facilities were great. The room was luxurious and the view from the 14th floor was fab especially at night. The hotel was only about 3 mins walk from the shops and so, location wise, it was perfect.We will be going back!!"

• Travel date: 8th August 2005

As good as they say

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"Got a late deal on Last Min - all the other web sites said it was fully booked, including the Hotel Home page. On arrival the Concierge remembered my name and why I was making the trip v impressed. I was with the family and need a second bed and cot (two kids 4 and 1) and the room - being an L shape was ideal. Even a childs dressing gown. View and room where ace - breakfast in the room was very good, great for the family. Didn't try the bar or swimming pool though. Well worth the stay."

• Travel date: 8th August 2005

Some points to work on...

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Somewhat disappointing for the top drawer price (£250) and billing. Room (a suite) was nice enough and had terrific views, but smelt a bit musty when we arrived (a product of the air-conditioning going off completely when you remove your key and there being no other ventilation?). There was rubbish in the corridor left by another guest, which was cleared up soon enough when requested, but old dinner things outside the adjacent room were left there when the rubbish was cleared. Room service did not answer (twice). Dining room also smelt peculiar. Staff were very welcoming. Access to breakfast was through the smoking room."

• Travel date: 7th August 2005

Friendly, Professional and Comfortable

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"Spent three days in Cardiff and stayed at the MacDonald Holland House hotel. A very good choice business hotel with first class amenities and very comfortable rooms. Brownie points earned when I was upgraded to a club room on the top floor (14th) of this hotel with magnificent views of Cardiff. Check out the hotel restaurant, pricy but the food is excellent as is the service from the super efficient staff. Room was large and clean and very well equiped with large bed, plenty of wardrobe/storage, tv/hi-fi, desk/internet access. Hotel is approx 5 min walk to main shopping precinct although restaurants and bars are further afield. A thoroughly recommended hotel and my only criticism was that it lacked character. Hot top, book on line and get up to 40% off standard rates."

• Travel date: 5th August 2005

What a treat !

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"........ to find the staff friendly, helpful and attentive - a definate "wow" factor when you enter your room and see the view of Cardiff from the 10th floor for the first time. The modern, luxury feel to the hotel as you arrive is not let down by any of the facilites you find at your disposal. The rooms were very smart in appearance and I could not fault their cleanliness - we even found our room made up right after we returned from early breakfast. The odd request we made to housekeeping for extra supply of tea and milk were brought up to the room "with a smile" within 5 minutes. All the staff we encountered on duty were polite and always had the time to say hello or good morning - especially a nice touch when arriving for breakfast to be remembered from the previous morning and asked if we'd like to be seated at the same breakfast table. The location for the city centre is excellent, just a short walk to all the city centre attractions and stadium - also only 10 minute taxi ride from the rail station - all in all, we could find nothing to fault during our weekend stay. Infact, the whole experience we encountered at this hotel really added to the enjoyment of our break in Cardiff."

• Travel date: 12th June 2005

Great hotel

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I decided to book this ahead of the Hilton and we were not dissapointed. Our room was on the 11th floor and had nice views of the city, it had plenty of space and the bed was very comfortable. As we arrived quite late we decided to order room service and this was excellent, I am always wary of room service as it usually tends to be rubbish. Very friendly staff and for the price this really is a great find. I have not stayed at the Hilton but I cannot see it being any better and the other reviews seem to show this. Only gripe was that the window needed a clean and one of the panes had a crack in it but, apart from that I have to say it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Next time I go to Cardiff I wil stay here and hopefully have more time to enjoy all that is on offer."

• Travel date: 4th May 2005

Great Hotel

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and it is by far the best in Cardiff. However book early - This is such a popular hotel I had to change the dates of my visit because they were full - and there was not even anything on at the stadium. Restaurant service is geat and the food is such good value I ate in the restaurant on all 3 nights. Breakfast is also the best I've had in a long time. Rooms are very big for the price you pay, and the views are wonderful. Hotel is very clean and the staff are great, they seem to know what you want before you do. Overall the best hotel in South Wales, if not the South West of England as well."

• Travel date: 1st May 2005

Hotels near Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa

Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa is also called

• Macdonald Holland House Hotel
  • mercure holland hotel cardiff
  • accor holland hotel cardiff