About Kingsmills Hotel

• heated pool
  • indoor pool

GREAT HOTEL

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"I booked a weekend leisure break at this hotel and could not have wished for more. We were provided with a huge room, with a massive double bed. The staff were so freindly and helpful, they could not do enough for you.

We ate at the hotel, the food was excellent and at no point did we feel rushed. In fact we spent several hours in the resteraunt.

Inverness City centre is about a 10 minute leisurely walk from the hotel.

The leisure facitilies were not huge but more than ample. We had a perfect weekend and will certainly visit again. My only complaint was I couldn't find the hotel website using various search engines.

My advise is book this hotel you will struggle to find a better hotel in Inverness.

The web address if anyone is struggling is kingsmillshotel.com."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of January 2008

Good friendly hotel

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"We got a special offer of £85 B&B for Friday 30th November through Expedia. Excellent value. The hotel had that day changed hands and is now the Kingsmills Hotel. Very helpful check-in staff, in fact all the staff we met were very pleasant and helpful.

The room was large and cosy, with really comfy large twin beds. The bathroom had separate bath and shower and was well appointed. As a bit
of a cleaning queen, I had no problems with the state of the room. We had dinner in the hotel lounge which was good - nothing special but we weren't there for a culinary treat after all. The breakfast was excellent with everything you could wish for - even smoked salmon. The
fresh fruit was fresh and not tinned, the chef cooked eggs to order and the rest of the cooked stuff was constantly replenished. The chef was quite a character and we had a good chat and a laugh with him while he was doing the eggs. All in all a pleasant stay, would recommend."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of December 2007

A really nice hotel

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I stayed here on business and was very impressed. The staff are absolutely delightful, especially Bill the doorman. My room was quiet and spacious, the food is fine, and the gardens and grounds would be lovely for a summer stay (I didn't get to see much of them in November !)

On checking out, I was told that the hotel has been taken over and is due a major refurbishment.

I really hope the new owners don't change it too much - and I especially hope the staff stay on, as they are some of the most welcoming I have come across.

I'm returning to Inverness in the New Year and will be returning to this hotel - so hope it is as good as it was this time !"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of November 2007

Good value for money

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"The Marriot Inverness lived up to expectations and for the money, was good value. My husband and I have just returned from a long weekend there. The room was very comfortable, well furnished and clean. The downsides were that, as with alot of hotels, the heating was far too high - these hotels really could help to save the planet by turning down the heating by 5 degrees. Even turning our room raditors off and opening the windows wasn't much help. The restaurant was OK but a little pricey for the quality. Breakfast was really very ordinary - watery porridge and croissant that were so hard they could have been classified as a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands.
Overall, good value for money and a good location - it did what it said on the tin."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of November 2007

Good hotel.

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"We booked one of suites at this hotel and really enjoyed our stay here. It isn't one of the grandest, newest or most stylish places we have stayed but neither is it overly expensive. The bar food is straight forward and reasonably priced as are the drinks. We didn't get a chance to use the pool but it is nice to have the option. If we were going back to Inverness I would be happy to book here again."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of October 2007

Not the standard Marriott

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"This is not the standard Marriott that I have experienced elsewhere. Everything is very clean and in an “as new” condition. It is evident that the management and the staff take great pride in providing good service and this clearly pays off. The food is reasonably priced in my view and on the whole very good. My only areas of complaint are that the bedroom showers are not up to standard (small shower head & poor water flow) and the pool area is “tired”, other than that, this is an excellent hotel to stay in either for business or for pleasure."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of October 2007

Loch Ness Marathon Weekend

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Very large well appointed rooms, first class service, Dinner and breakfast in the hotel were superb. Rounded of a fantastic weekend. Will deffinately book this hotel for next years Loch ness Marathon."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of October 2007

Not just another Marriott

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Seems hardly worth a review - one night stay en route to the Isle of Skye and one night on the return. But the hotel just got it right and I'm not sure how to explain that. The location is great and every single thing they did for us was a step beyond the norm, be it storing our bags, organising transportation or finding us coffee in the early hours. The hotel is clean and comfortable with all the amenities. We came away with a real good feel for the place and we would certainly stay there again - and that's certainly worth putting on the record."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of October 2007

A nice hotel

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"Thanks to reading other reviews of this nice hotel we booked and spent a pleasant weekend there recently. The hotel has plenty of parking and was clean, quiet and the staff friendly. The restaurant food was very good if, we thought, a bit expensive. All in all a good place to stay with some thought having been given to ensure customer satisfaction."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007