Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel

187 George Street, Glasgow G1 1YU Scotland

Good

good for an all-girls shopping break

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"On the positive side, the hotel is well located for the shops and restaurants. The rooms are very large, modern, clean and quiet. Much nicer than the average for a chain hotel of this type.

On the downside, we asked if 3 adults could share a room and were told "no", but found that our rooms could sleep 4. Also the cleaners let themselves into the room at 9.45am without knocking, so remember your 'do not disturb' sign!"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of September 2006

Great Place to stay, great location

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"I have been staying at this hotel on and off for the last year now as I have to visit Scotland once a month with work. I stay at Premier Travel Inns up and down the country and I have to say that this is the best. The service is friendly and the rooms are always clean. The menu is the same as all other PTInns but it is a good menu and the food always tastes great.

The bar is a little small but you are so close to all the city's main attractions is does not matter."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of August 2006

Not bad budget accomodation

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"The hotel provides not bad budget accomodation in the center of Glasgow. The rooms are basic but large and clean. A car park (discount offered by the hotel) is right across the street."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of June 2006

Very Nice stay in Glasgow

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Just stayed at the Travelodge on George Square. As Travelodge seem to vary by location, this was definitely one of the nicest ones. Very modern, clean rooms, bed comfort was excellent.
Great storage and closet space. Complimentary tea, coffee, biscuits a nice touch.,
Wonderful and knowlegeable staff.
Very centrally located can walk to both the main rail and coach stations and within walking distance close to central shopping areas. Just steps away from the history-laden George Square.
Felt very secure as key entry is needed in the evenings.
Would definetely recommendespecially as the rates are extremely reasonable and location wise it's a great base in the city centre."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of June 2006

Premier Inn (NEAR George square)

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Stayed here when attending a conference so wanted somewhere cheap but central. As mentioned in other reviews the hotel is actually 1 block from George Square - I found out after finally asking for directions from Tourist Information which actually is on George Square! Fairly easy to get bus from airport to this hotel and it does all you need in the standard Premier Travel Inn way and it is good value. Perfectly acceptable for a business type trip but wouldn't stay here for a nice weekend away. Be prepared for a wait to check in as there always seemed to be a queue, annoying as my key card stopped working a few times and I had to keep joining the queue to get it re-cut."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of June 2006

Not actually on George Square

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Well, after wandering around George Square for 10 minutes, I decided to seek the help of the local tourist office in locating the supposed George Square Travel Inn. Lo and behold, it's actually two blocks away on the corner of George and Montrose St. It's still close to all the main tourist bits of Glasgow, but a little bit of honestly on their part wouldn't go astray! The lady at the tourist office said this happens quite a lot!

The staff at check-in were pleasant and friendly and they accommodated my early request check-in. The room itself was good value for money - a large bed, tv, wardrobe space etc, but the bathroom smelled awfully musty and wet. I had to go buy some smelly stuff just to put me at ease! I think the shower curtain could do with replacing and bit of elbow-grease in giving the bathroom a good scrub wouldn't go astray either.

The public areas of the hotel are really clean and well looked after. The breakfast was a tad expensive at £7.50, but there is a great cafe over the road, and you're only three blocks from the main shopping drag."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of May 2006

A 'Premier' choice

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"A bright and spacious room, excellent service and a good choice of food from 5 p.m. on if you don't have the energy for the 5 minute walk into the centre of Glasgow. The breakfast is pretty good too. Okay, so there are a few tired corners here and there, and if you're at all bothered by traffic then it would be advisable to ask for a room facing away from the street, but you'd be hard pushed to find a better deal in a better location. I don't often have the need to stay in Glasgow but wouldn't hesitate to book here again, or recommend it to others."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of May 2006

Clean, spacious, good service, excellent location - what more do you need?

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"We stayed here for 3 nights and it was ideal for a short stay in Glasgow - excellent location just off St. George Square, very near to Queen's Street train station and Buchanan Street for shopping. Loads of bars and restaurants nearby too - you are spoilt for choice. And now Scotland is non-smoking its a real pleasure to go out drinking, and then only have to deal with a short stagger back to the hotel. Our room was very spacious, with clean towels and tea/coffee provided every day, so it was very good value for money. Helpful staff too - they very quickly provided a new TV remote control after we discovered someone had pinched the batteries from ours! I would thoroughly recommend Glasgow as a city to visit - much less touristy than Edinburgh, and a great base for getting out to Loch Lomond and Fort William. And i would definitely stay at Premier Travel Inn again too"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

Outstanding

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"I stayed here on Saturday night with a group.

Everything was outstanding from the welcome at reception to the room to the breakfast. Large, clean, comfortable, nicely decorated, quiet and good facilities for £54 per room. (Parking is across the road at £7 for 24 hours). Staff are very friendly and polite.

Highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in city centre Glasgow."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of February 2006

Good hotel

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. Good price, good location and the hotelroom was nice and clean. Friendly staff, good restaurant and bar. I would definitly stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of December 2005

City Centre Hotel with City Centre Noise !

Reviewed Thu 26th of August 2010

"My family and I have recently from a mid-week break in Glasgow. This was our third stay at the Premier Inn George Square and as we were a party of three, we needed two rooms. My wife had a room on the 1st floor facing the Cemetary at the back and my son and I had a room on the 1st floor facing the main street. On arrival, we noticed that the large and Welcoming Reception desk has been removed and replaced with one person sitting at a tiny desk and a bank of very impersonal Self-Service Booking in Machines. As this system is obviously very new, a member of staff did actually help us through the procedure which is obviously having teething problems. The whole booking in process took a good 15 minutes and alot longer than having a traditioanl Receptionist ! As we had booked two rooms, two seperate Machines were used to process the booking and eventually it spat out a number of receipts and room key cards. The Rooms were of a reasonable standard but there is traffic noise 24/7 and it is almost impossible to get a good night's sleep even with the Window closed. One morning we were abruptly woken at 6 am by the arrival of a bottle/glass collecting lorry and the very loud noise of a number of Hotel Bins being emptied. This sounded like a number of windows being broken downstairs. With the Windows closed, this made the room hot and the Hotel did supply a small fan in the room. Ideally, there should be air conditioning and the Windows replaced with double/triple glazing."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of August 2010

This hotel is a very widely known name,...

Reviewed Fri 20th of April 2007

"This hotel is a very widely known name, I trust it that’s why I am happy to use it, and once again I haven’t been disappointed!

This was my first visit to Scotland I will be returning, it was beautiful and the people seem to be very calm and friendly!

There was a lot to do and I never was bored! I was pleased at the end of the day to return to a clean and hygienic hotel, where, if I needed anything, the staff were happy to help."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of April 2007

Hotels near Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel

Stayed at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel

• noonoosdad by noonoosdad

"Handy for the City Centre but very noisy so bring some earplugs "

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel is also called

• Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square)
  • Premier Travel Inn - George Sqaure