Exterior

amazing

Reviewed 3rd February 2013

"Stayed here with my fiancee saturday 8th november.we were allocated room 39 which is in the 10 queens drive side of the hotel.The room was bigger than my house.lol It was truly amazing room with everything we could have hoped for.the bathroom had a massive jacuzzi for 2 which to be honest could have held 4.lol It was the best hotel i have ever stayed at and i have travelled far and wide,The manager william was a true professional.Special thanks go to barbara and michelle and the lady who worked in the kitchen.She provided us with a cooked breakfast which was fit for a king.A truly wonderful hotel with absolutely fantastic staff,Thank you all for making both mine and my fiancees stay a beautiful and enjoyable experience.I will be returning later in the year and am conisdering booking it for my wedding party as the function suite was beautifully presented.Mnay thanks to all but especially barbara who made the stay over for both of us.keep up the good work. stephen"

• Travel date: 12th November 2008

Would not recommend the hotel

Reviewed 22nd January 2013

"i stayed in this hotel over a weekend at the end of july 2008 while attending a course in glasgow. I would not recommend this hotel. on arriving, i was met by an unfriendly receptionist, after asking if i had booked a room the next words out of his mouth were, ''we only accept cash!'' i thought this was a bit strange as id only arrived and you never usually pay for your hotel to check out. The next day a new receptionst was on and i asked him about payment, and he advised me that the hotel does accept payment by credit card and always had done! I wondered did this have something to do with the other reviews of people stating they got charged more than they were supposed to! anyway apart from that the room wasnt as expected, the website says " All Rooms have 20-inch flat screen TV’s, internet access, slippers, a hospitality tray, hair dryer and pressing facilities." Def not!!! my room had a old tv, prob about 14inches and only two channels that worked were channel 4 and 5! no internet no slippers and no hair dryer. Key cards for the hotel room were also a problem, they never worked twice and required constant reprogramming. Food was fine and apart from the first receptionist met, the staff were friendly, helpful and seemed embarrassed at some of the problems of the hotel. i wouldn't use this hotel again."

• Travel date: 5th August 2008

Beware, think very carefully before you book this hotel

Reviewed 16th January 2013

"Booked this Hotel in November 2007 for a Bon Jovi concert at Hampden on June 21 2008, however on 16 June at 9.37pm the Hotel decided to let our party of 4 people know that they were unable to accomodate us due to repairs in the Hotel. Due to late cancellation and the above concert we are now unableto get alternative accomodation anywhere near the venue and will be forced to incur hefty taxi fares to the venue. No effort by management to find us alternative accomodation and only the most cursory of apologies by e mail. Very shoddy customer service....wouldnt consider ever using this Hotel again."

• Travel date: 19th June 2008

HAHA!!!...STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL - ABSOLUTE CON & RIP OFF!!!!

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"well....where do i start???...... i booked by phone for this hotel, and spoke to a woman. I asked her if they had room for 4th & 5th May, she replied that they had. i then told her that i wanted a 'single' room and she said no problem and i asked her how much and she said '£70'. i then asked her is that the price for 2 nights and she replied 'YES'. i had looked at their website and tha tarriffs were (according to THEIR website) single - £45 per night ,double/twin £70 per night.... but i accepted £70 (thought i was getting a bargain!) arrived at the hotel on the 4th. booked in with the woman i had spoken with on the phone. nothing was mentioned about the price or how much it would be. was taken to my room by the wokan (who was very nice - very chatty!). my room was absolutely out of this world!!!,(as u will tell from my photos) best & cleanest hotel id ever been to, but i had 2 beds??? i had asked for a single, but i said nothing as i had mentioned to them on the phone TWICE that i wanted a single, and told them that i was travelling BY MYSELF!! stayed in the hotel for the 2 nights without any problems. great shower, plenty hot water never ran cold. everything was great in the room! on the 6th i was checking out and a man came to the desk (had to ring the desk bell as it was unattended - which happened a lot during my stay. no1 was ever at the desk! told him i was checking out. he took my room card from me and proceeded with the checkout, without telling me how much it was. thinking it was £70 i handed my card to him and entered my pin (the total did not come up on the chip&pin machine) it wasn't until i looked at my reciept they had charged me ""£140"". i quieried this with the man (who i think was the manager) and told him i was quoted £70 on the phone for 2 nights! he said something else which i can't remember to which i then questioned the prices on the website (£45 per night for a single). he then went on about that the rooms themselves costed £100 each in an awful tone (which went completely off the subject). i then told him that on the website that it was £70 per night for double/twin and they had gotten it mixed but he refused to listen. he was a very arrogant man!!!! i didn't like him AT ALL!!! it ended with him telling me that they were a hotel and they could change their prices whenever they wanted!!!! so i left....telling him i would not be back but he'd already started walking into the back. absolute disgusting - its like stealing money off people. very nice hotel, everything in immaculate cond. but not worth £140 for 2 night stay and not when they tell you on the phone it's £70 for 2 nights total. WILL NOT BE BACK TO THIS HOTEL...EVER!!!!! ABSOLUTE CON! BE WARNED ANYONE WHO DECIDES TO VISIT THIS HOTEL!!! THERE PRICES ON THE WEBSITE - DON'T TAKE NOTE AND DO NOT BOOK ON THE PHONE!! PLEASE TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THIS HOTEL. I WAS VERY UPSET BY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!! THANKYOU DUNKELD FOR RIPPING OFF A YOUNG GIRL!!! * i did note another person below me who left a review on this hotel that he was quoted diffrently on the phone and ripped off. i should have took note.... :( please people take note of mine! don't visit this hotel...they will steal your money!"

• Travel date: 9th May 2008

Excellent accomodation

Reviewed 14th January 2013

"I have been bringing my 86 year old mother to this hotel each December now for several years to do her Christmas shopping. She grew up in the Queens Park area and loves to re-visit old haunts and the hotel is so convenient for transport to the city centre. The rooms are large with high ceilings and feature beautiful ceiling mouldings and the en-suites are well appointed. Freshly decorated, clean, comfortable rooms with friendly, efficient staff and a good location make this an ideal base for visits to Glasgow. The hotel overlooks open recreation ground and is next to Queens Park for jogging or evening strolls. Buses and trains to the city centre are only minutes away. The new wing has a room adapted for disabled visitors which made Mum's stay even more comfortable last year. The older wing has no lift and the stairs and corridors meant that we have had to ask for a ground floor room in recent years although Mum has managed up to now. The food is plain and well cooked and the choice varied. My husband and I returned in January and used the hotel as a base to finalise our Canadian tour with Canadian Affairs. As it happened the travel company let us down badly and we had to re-do our whole itinerary back to front as the plane they had supposedly booked us on was no longer available. Our waitress in the hotel offered us the use of our dining table to spread our papers over and plied us with coffee as we tried to make the connections work. Chris the hotel manager came through to see how we were getting on and soon found us an alternative flight on his computer which resolved the whole situation. Claire printed the details out for us and we were able to complete the booking and get our flight tickets the next day. This , I feel was exceptional service. Far better than Canadian Affairs who claimed they could not tell us about this flight as it was operated by a rival company! Sarah and Laura who serve breakfast are attentive and helpful and ready with any suggestions to help you make the most of your holiday. They welcome Mum and I as old friends which my Mum loves, and seemed delighted to meet my mystery husband at last. If you want a clean, comfortable base for a holiday in Glasgow with good plain food and friendly staff then look no further."

• Travel date: 8th May 2008

Food awful service dreadful total chaos

Reviewed 8th January 2013

"Our experience of this hotel was quite frankly Awful. Left to struggle up several flights of stairs with our luggage, reception unattended, inexperienced management flapping. NIGHTMARE!"

• Travel date: 14th March 2008

Manager quoted a rate by phone let me travel and book in then changed!

Reviewed 2nd January 2013

"Manager total con man quoted a rate over the phone let me travel, book in then claimed he could not give me at rate quoted. I checked out and charged me 60 pounds for the privilage what RIP OFF BE careful fellow travellers!!!"

• Travel date: 15th November 2007

Room with a view

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"Stayed here after a family occassion. We, 2 of us, ended up with a family room (3 beds), which was great. It was huge, clean and on-suite. Great view over Queens Park (I think). Close to Crosshill Railway Station where you can get a train direct into Glasgow Central. Very close to shops on Victoria Road. Lovely breakfast, so were the staff. Very helpful. Nothing was too much bother. Would recommend to anyone who has strong knees as the stairs are steep - this is an old building! Only criticism, purely cosmetic, is the decor could so with updating, but thats not a bad thing."

• Travel date: 9th July 2007

So Relaxed!!

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"Just returned form Hilton Dunkeld, with a mile long hotel drive, as each turn we made it seemed more & more of an adventure. All the staff were friendly & helpful, food was great & excellently presented."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2007

Great for being near Hampden

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"We stayed at the Dunkeld Hotel Glasgow last weekend for the Bon Jovi concert it was just perfect for what we needed, the hotel was clean the staff were friendly and it certainly was'nt overpriced, we had a meal there it was nice and reasonable, The hotel is perfectly situated for Hampden, it's just 5 minutes away and there is some parking at the hotel or just outside, we would certainly be using it again."

• Travel date: 4th June 2006