Millennium Hotel Glasgow

40 George Square, Glasgow G2 1DS Scotland

( 1906 reviews)

GREAT LOCATION

Reviewed Mon 3rd of November 2008

"Have just spent 2 days in Glasgow and stayed at this hotel. Found the hotel staff to be very curtious and the resteraunt to be of very good quality.The room was small but very comfy with all the usual facilities you would expect in this style of Hotel.The hotel is right on St Georges Square which makes a great base for exploring Glasgow especially access to the City Tour Buses.Overall a well recomended hotel. "

• Travel date: Sat 1st of November 2008

>>>>> YOU WILL LOVE IT <<<<<<<<<< Well...

Reviewed Mon 2nd of June 2008

">>>>> YOU WILL LOVE IT <<<<<<<<<<

Well after a dissapointing nite in glasgow, my boyfriend suprised me by saying lets not go home, the only hotel that we could get was the millenium, £120 for one nite, a bit steep i think, however, the lovely guy t the desk gave us it for £100.

STAFF - lovely, very helpfull and friendly.

LOCATION - AMAZING!!! rite in the centre for shops, clubs, bars, resturants, train station everything - you will never get lost if you stay here.

ROOMS - classy, HUGGGGE!!! the bathroom is lovely, n the room has a massive widescreen in it....

worth staying there if ur in Glasgow...."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of June 2008

Good Value hotel

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"This was the second time i have stayed here - which, I suppose speaks for itself. It is a very well situated hotel overlooking George Square. It you want a quiet room ask for a room at the back but if you want a good view of Glagow ask to overlook George Square. It is not a lavishly appointed hotel but the rooms are reasonably furnished and of a reasonable size. I only stayed one night and made little use of the facilities but the reception team were extremely pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was modest and so unmemorable that I cannot remember what I had!. Parking is in the NCP car park 3 blocks (4-5 minutes walk) away. The hotel has organised a discount (half price) and overnight parking was £6.40 which is probably not too bad for such a prime location. It was good value for money and I would recommend it."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

Great Central Hotel

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Our stay at this top class hotel was excellent. The greeting and service on arrival was excellent which was maintained throughout our stay. All staff are extremely friendly and courteous and go out of their way to help.

We dined in the restaurant which I must say is of a high standard compared to most hotel restaurants. There is also a lovely bar in the hotel named "Georgics" again the staff are very friendly and helpful and the drink is extremely reasonable. Both bar and restaurant are on the website [--] and have great deals, especially in the bar, if you book online (it's free to join) you get a 20% discount on food and beverage.

We would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

excellent hotel

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"if american and russian astraunauts can stay here every year then it must be good. Our room was huge (yes, there are lots of furniture), clean and comfortable, with complimentary water and a view of George Square. We had unlimited VIP access to the club lounge with a large tv and free internet access. The staff were very polite and helpful and the food was excellent. Great central hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of July 2007

City Central on St. George Square

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We stayed three nights at the Millenium and were pleased with the comfort in the rooms as well as the amenities. The drinks were well-made and the breakfast buffet was well-stocked with fruit, cold cereals, scrambled eggs, etc. Even haggis! Our food came hot to the table and the view of St. George Square as we ate was a good way to gauge what to wear for the day.
If we had one complaint, it was finding that the smoking rooms were situated closest to the elevator and stairs. As non-smokers, we had to cross through stale smelling hallway to get to the rooms. Other than that, I would stay there again."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of May 2007

Shabby but decent value

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Stayed here for three days while in Glasgow on business. The location is great and the view of the square from my room was realy nice. The staff were friendly and helpful, but the level of service offered is very basic - no real concierge service, etc. My room was huge but shabby and strangely empty of furniture - I could have given ballroom dancing lessons in it. The hotel has wireless internet access but charges exorbitant rates for access to it. The room service food was simply awful."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of May 2007

Clean Classic Hotel In Prime Location

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights over Easter weekend on a dinner bed and breakfast rate for £99 per room per night. Reception staff were friendly enough on arrival. As dinner was included in the room rate there was some confusion how this worked in practice in the George Square Brasserie. Meal allowance of £20.00 per person allocated for food however wasn't made aware that by eating before 7.30pm you get a special menu that you can have 3 course dinner for under this £20.00 limit. It would have been nice to know!

Room was on 1st floor in "new" part of hotel - room wasn't that large but was very clean and comfortable. Tea and coffee making being provided was a benefit but not having any mini bar was a minus. Apparently mini bars are only provided in club rooms. It is true to say that some people are probably put off by old classic decor but I did find hotel to be very clean if not so modern. No dressing robes or no complimentary water on offer but rooms do have a safe and airconditioning.

Staff in the restaurant were friendly and helpful - breakfast was reasonable. The breakfast on the first morning was much hotter than on the second day. The food at night in the restaurant too was reasonable - the Lamb Shank on the 1st night could have been served much hotter other than that was pleased with quality of food served. The ribeye steak on the second night was much better.

If you get a good rate for this hotel and don't mind older more classic decor I would recommend staying here for the location alone. Its very handy to everything Glasgow has to offer. Wouldn't advise going to the Lighthouse Centre as it was useless!

I would return to stay again. If Millennium Hotel Group did the bedroom up at this hotel it would be a truly great hotel but at moment rooms are 3 star and restaurant/lobby 4 star. Comfortable hotel but if you're looking luxury rooms stay elsewhere in Glasgow."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of April 2007

Very central

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"On the first night we arrived we were disapointed to be given a room with a view of the station and the back door of the hotel. However not to matter we were not there for the view! that night there was a power cut for about an hour, my husband and I decided to go downstairs to the bar area as what was the point of sitting in a pitch black bedroom.On arrival there we ordered 2 drinks and were asked to pay for them with exact money as staff unable to open till!!! What about a courtesy drink for the inconvenience? However the staff were very informative of what was happening. Nice young helpful staff throughout.
Good breakfast except no muesli available. Hotel could do with a bit of an upgrade but for a central situation in Glasgow it couldn't be faulted."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of March 2007

Location..great staff..amazing food

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"We have stayed there on 2 different visits to Scotland over the past 10 years. We actually planned our 2nd trip based on staying at the hotel and traveling from there. We had such a great time at the hotel, we spent many hours in the restaurant and the "Wee Pub". The Dover Sole on the menu was such a treat for us we ate there about 5 times during our 8 days there. The staff was very helpful and gave us some great tips on local flavor. The Queen Street rail station is just outside the lobby, what could be easier. It is on the St. Georges Square, so it is not quiet . So if you are looking for a fun city hotel, this is the place. Walking around the area is also very easy and we felt safe"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of March 2007

Good Location, okay interior

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I stayed at this hotel on business. Location is great, very central. Other reviews are correct in their description of the interior - it is a little tired. My room was huge though. Noise was not a problem and I am a very light sleeper. Food was good. I would have given this a 3 star rating on interior but I give it a 4 star for the honesty and efficiency of the staff. I left my passport in a drawer in the room and didnt realise until I'd checked out. Within 10 mins of calling to alert staff they had sorted the problem and my passport was waiting at reception to be collected. Also no 'additional' charges added to bill."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of February 2007

Hotels near Millennium Hotel Glasgow

Stayed at Millennium Hotel Glasgow? Share your insight.

Millennium Hotel Glasgow is also called