Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Glasgow Central

• bath shower
  • hair dryer
  • baggage storage
  • breakfast in the room
  • express check in check out
  • currency exchange
  • fax photocopying
  • telephone
  • italian amenities
  • newspaper
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • sauna
  • vip room facilities
  • spanish amenities
  • heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • desk
  • complimentary toiletries
  • iron
  • paid private parking on site
  • coffee tea maker
  • atm on site
  • solarium
  • laptop safe

Good

I stayed at this hotel for my graduation...

Reviewed 7th June 2007

"I stayed at this hotel for my graduation ball and I really could only fault one thing. The room was big enough with an amazing view over the north of the city. The hotel was ideally located just off Sauchiehall Street so close to all amenities. The breakfast in the morning was great except I would have preferred a pot of tea for our table rather than the waiting staff going round on their own with pots. The big problem I thought was the price at £100 for one night I thought was a little steep, but we still enjoyed the night."

• Travel date: 7th June 2007

excellent

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"Upon checking in to the attractive reception area, we were upgraded free of charge by the very pleasant receptionist to an executive suite. This was extremely spacious and very clean. the facilities were very good, the hotel decor absolutely fine, I fail to see the shabby decor listed in many other reviews. Nothing was too much trouble for the reception staff and we also made use of the lovely pool and jacuzzi. All in all this added a lot to our stay and I would highly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 20th June 2006

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for our second weekend in Glasgow. On arriving at the hotel we checked in without a problem, but on reaching the bedroom I could of cried! The room was grubby, net curtains grey (not white as they should of been) torn away from the top of the rail and hanging down. Could easily of been fixed or replaced. Generally room was in bad state. Parts of tv broken.. dangerous in fact if children were in room. Bathroom sink plug hole full of hairs, but the worst part was the throw on the bottom of the bed. It was covered in white stains. My husband pulled it off the bed to find it had blood stains on the underneath side. We contacted reception and it was changed but really put a damper on the whole weekend. My advice dont stay in this hotel. This hotel certainly does not warrant the 4* rating. Pay the extra and stay somewhere decent like the Raddison. That was excellent and very very clean."

• Travel date: 16th June 2006

Terrible

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Got it cheap over Lastminute so can't grumble too much, but pretty poor really for an alleged 4 Star. No heat (heater in room), dirty windows and curtains, peeling wallpaper. Not classy AT ALL"

• Travel date: 21st May 2006

Clean and Fresh!!!

Reviewed 19th October 2012

"I stayed at the thistle from the 24-27th march. My boyfriend is from wales and as being from airdrie i wanted something in the centre of everything so i thought the thistle would be ideal. I was a bit worried when i read some of the previous reviews however these were all banished when we arrived. It has free ample car parking, which for the centre of glasgow is essential in a hotel. The foyer was lovely, very nice decor and the staff were very pleasant. Room was lovely, bed was nice and big and the rest of the room had plenty of storage space with a lot of added extras not normally found. I would recommend this hotel to anyone its in a central location - walking distance to almost anything - great pubs and restraunts nearby too!! Cant fault it, had a lovely romantic weekend with great memories!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 6th April 2006

Free room upgrade!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"We stayed here 27-29th February & my worries after reading previous reviews were quickly banished. We arrived just after 9am (check in is at2pm) & were shown to an upgraded room straight away. We didn't ask for this but the room was fantastic. Yes, a bit tired looking but clean, everything we needed & more. The staff were good too, except the barman on the Saturday night. He could have at least pretended to be pleasant! Food was good, great choice & plenty of it. We would stay here again but possibly avoid the bar next time. It was our 1st time staying in Glasgow & hopefully not the last, great shops & nightlife."

• Travel date: 11th March 2006

Can't fault it 10/10

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"Can't fault it!!!! Lost count at the number of times I have stayed at this hotel, first visit being summer 05. I go to Glasgow a lot as im a big lover of the night life there. It has a fantastic location lovely big rooms and very comfy beds. Staff are always very friendly and helpful. Certainly recommend it to anyone. Lots more visits to come from me. 10/10 SUPER!!!!"

• Travel date: 20th February 2006

4 star? Don't think so!!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Was looking forward to staying at this hotel, expecting a bit of class...couldn't help but be disappointed! The reception is nice and the bar area was fine although staff a bit surly. The room was a good size with comfy bed but a little dated and could have done with modernisation. Bathroom was a bit grubby - hairs in the bath and shower curtain could have done with being replaced. Overall it was okay but certainly not a 4 star hotel and not worth the cost!"

• Travel date: 18th February 2006

Some major issues for a so-called 4* hotel

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"My first impressinons in terms of the reception and friendlyness of staff were good...however when it comes to the room you can't help but be disappointed. The rooms are of good size but in my 3 months there (so far) i have found them to be unclean, i.e. bathroom floors and showers have hair in them. The bedroom floors are also often not cleaned properly. Also the extractor fans in the bathroom don't tend to work. When it comes to the restaurant things don't get any better - the service is slow and sometimes unfriendly - the food is can sometimes be good but at other times can be very average! And the knife & forks etc are often dirty. I would class the room service as being poor - on one occasion my bed was left un-made and a can of fanta (not mine) was left in the room! And soaps and shower gels are also not replaced. And the reason i've stayed for so long...it fits within my budget!"

• Travel date: 9th February 2006

Thistle was okay not great

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"The location of this hotel makes up for the fact that it is a wee bit worn around the edges. Stayed here on the first night of our two week tour and found it to be about average. Dinner and breakfast were quite good."

• Travel date: 21st January 2006

Beware of overbooking and veggie food with meat

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"I stayed here recently whilst attending a function. The hotel has a policy of overbooking and quite a sizeable number of the function guests were sent off to stay at other hotels. Despite having confirmations of their reservations, their rooms had been sold twice. We were also let down on the food front. At 1am we tried to order room service, pleased to note that they had a no. of vegetarian items advertised. However we then informed that none of these were available and of course we ended up with the inevitable cheese sandwich. We hoped in the morning that things would improve when our breakfast was delivered to our room. Our "meatfree veggie breakfasts" arrived with bacon, sausage and black pudding on them. To be fair when we phoned to complain the breakfasts were replaced along with apologies some 40 minutes later. Thankfully we were not in a hurry. The room was perfectly nice, but at £80 a night the poor service was a real disappointment."

• Travel date: 28th November 2005