Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Airport

101 Ingliston Road Edinburgh Airport, Edinburgh EH28 8AU Scotland

Good

Perfect location for an early morning flight with a fire alarm wakeup call!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Booked hotel to stay over prior to an early morning flight on a dinner, bed and park deal. The hotel staff on arrival were very pleasant. Having read previous reviews I wasn't expecting much from our room but was pleasantly surprised. It was a good size and immaculately clean. It overlooked the end of the runway but airplane noise was minimal. Dinner was from their set menu with plenty of choice and the portions were enormous. The meal was excellent and the waiting staff were extremely attentive.
The experience was marred by the fire alarm going off at 3.50am and having to stand in the car park in our PJ's for over half an hour in an icy gale (they did hand out foil blankets though). We got back in just as the airport shuttle was to pick us up so had to just throw on our clothes and go - definately not the chilled and relaxed start to our holiday I was looking for!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of March 2009

Paper Thin Walls

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Good location, not too far away from Terminal Building, good size room and no noise from Airport. Pleasant, if overpriced bar, where snacks are available. Shuttle bus to Terminal which has to be pre-booked.

Only down side was paper thin walls of rooms. We lay awake until after 2.00am listening (trying not to) to two woman in next room describing their amorous adventures the previuos night. We could hear every word!"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of March 2009

Practical for airport & nice

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"A hotel near Edinburgh airport I would certainly recommend if you are travelling to or from there.

We stayed only one night when dropping off a relative at the airport very early next morning. Booking via the hotel's website was quick and efficient. Check in was less efficient as we were initially sent to a room already taken, but I guess these things sometimes happens, and it was quickly rectified.

Rooms are not very big or funky, but functional. The bathroom was not super-modern but again all you really needed.

We did not have dinner in the restaurant, just a few drinks at the bar so can't comment on the quality of food. However, the breakfast was nice and staff very friendly.

The night porter was also extremely helpful during a 4am early morning crisis when my elderly mother seemingly went missing from her room. As we were unsure if she was unwell inside we needed staff to call the room and unlock it later and both things were done in a very friendly, calm and efficient manner. So 5* on crisis management!

We did not need the airport bus but from watching other travellers it seemed that requests for this were handled very well. Parking was actually quite difficult to find when arriving late Friday night, although the hotel did not seem too busy, which may be due to the fact that the hotel also offers long term parking for travellers."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of February 2009

Burns Weekend Anniversary Trip

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"We were married 25th Jan 2008, Burns night.
Our first anniversary was appropriatly spent in Edinburgh.
We traveled out by Cross Country Rail £44 first class single Bristol - Edinburgh dept Sat 7-30 am arrive Sat 2-10pm.
Our hotel of choice for 2 nights was the Quality Hotel at Edinburgh airport as we were to fly back to Bristol and work at
8-30am. £65 per night inc Full Scottish.
Edinburgh is without doubt the best public transport serviced airport in the UK or maybe Europe?
Outside of the station is a shuttle bus , runs every 10 min City to airport both ways £6 return. Becomes a nummber N22 at midnight and runs all night. Quality hotel has a free courtesy bus 24 hrs, departs from coach stand 6 at the airport to the hotel door. The hotel room was more than adequate, the staff were professional , helpful, & made you feel welcome.
The Resturant was outstanding , with Breakfast,and Dinner
Quality was the word.
If you are in Edinburgh for the weekend and flying home, This hotel warrents careful consideration for Price, food and convienience to travel anywhere in Edinburgh!."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of January 2009

Good value airport hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"This is a basic but good value airport hotel, cheaper than the only other major Edinburgh airport hotel, the Hilton. The room was a bit on the small side but spotlessly clean and comfortable. Felt like a sauna on first arriving as someone had turned the radiator heating up to 30 degrees! Had a little trouble finding it in the dark in a hire car I'd just picked up, it could be better signposted and the location map more prominently positioned on its website. The breakfast was superb and cooked to order. I would definitely use it for a future Edinburgh visit."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of January 2009

stressfree trip home

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last few years before flying home to visit family. I have parked my car in their secure car park and taken their shuttle bus over to the airport. The hotel has changed this bus service to include other pick ups on route but the journey still only takes 5 minutes to the airport. This is a great service which is free! Many times on my trip back to Edinburgh I have been delayed on flights which as we all know is frustating but every time the courtesy bus is there to take me back to pick up my car and sometimes no waiting time at all. A seamless service! The hotel is comfortable and cozy with a wide range of food on their menu. My flight was little to early to enjoy a good fry up but I was more than happy with the continential breakfast delivered to my room at 5.30am. The staff were very friendly and courteous as always. I enjoy the family style atmosphere that this hotel provides. A winner for me!!"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of December 2008

Loved the Hotel

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"I spent the night of 5th December in this hotel and was very impressed. The hotel staff were very friendly and no request was to much trouble for them. The food in the hotel was very nice and i really enjoyed breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and it would make a great start to your holidays staying here before flying from Edinburgh Airport."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of December 2008

Rename this Hotel 'Wish you worked harder and paid £30 more for the Hilton'

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"We have now stayed here twice and I think next time we will fork out the extra £30 or so for the Hilton. There are only the two alternatives for large hotels at Edinburgh Airport.

On both stays the Hotel has been fully booked, but the restaurant (which is the only option for eating near there) has been 'full'. This means that they have inadequate wait staff to fill up the restaurant as only around 1/3 of the tables are actually full. You can however eat on a couch around the bar. They were also out of beer at the bar apart from a few bottled varieties - all draft beer was out.

Our room was a conference room in which a fold-down bed had been put. It was large but we had a 3am wake-up so the only thing we actually needed was a nice bed (sigh). We asked to change a room and the manager was the most rude woman I have ever met in the service industry. During dinner we had to stop ourselves bursting with laughter when she went *** over *** over someone's suitcase carrying the coffee etc from behind the counter (where they spend all their time rather than serving you) and promptly told the guest off for putting his suitcase down in the lobby while he was waiting for his airport shuttle!

Since we last were there they have gotten rid of their dedicated shuttle so you just get the bus that goes around the long-stay car-parks. This means you can't call the van direct, and you have to wait for everyone to be dropped off as the hotel is the last stop for the bus when you come back home...

Not going back there - next time we're going to the Hilton as from memory the Hilton was £150 compared to £120 at the Quality Hotel for one night with 2 weeks parking..."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of October 2008

Service with a smile

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Good service very friendly with a free shuttle service from the airport.
I used this hotel when I had an early flight I was very impressed with the value for money. The breakfast was great cooked to order from the kitchen set me up for the day exactly what you needed when travelling.
The rooms were basic but clean and comfortable and had wifi which was great to catch up with office emails before bed."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of September 2008

Noise warning

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"We stayed during the Edinburgh festival when everywhere was busy. However, we were not informed that a rave/dance festival was taking place in the Royal Showground - and were therefore surprised to see 10,000 noisy teenagers arrive at around 10-11pm to a party which was to last until 6am. Many of the teenagers were staying in the hotel, and ran around the corridors screaming at 4am, and the crew were in the breakfast area at 8.30 am hollering at each other across the restaurant. The hotel should think twice before booking in young families surrounded by thousands of noisy, drunken teenagers. There was a great deal of very bad language both and and outside the hotel - we would never every stay there again and I am disappointed we were not warned."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of August 2008

Hotels near Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Airport

Stayed at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Airport? Share your insight.

Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Airport is also called