About Best Western Kings Manor Hotel

• hair dryer
  • baggage storage
  • express check in check out
  • coffee shop amenities
  • indoor pool
  • desk
  • iron
  • steam room
  • electric vehicle charging station
  • thai amenities

Good

Excellent value for money.

Reviewed Tue 16th of April 2013

"We have just came back from a trip to this hotel and i paid £67 for one nights stay and breakfast for a family room. The facilities are outstanding for the price i paid, pool was very clean, jacuzzi was great. Although the sauna was broken you could still use the steam room which was very clean also.
Thr room was a bit dated and the view was of the roof but i wasnt too bothered as we came to see edinburgh not the view from the room. Lovely big comfy beds, with very clean sheets and towels, 3 hand towels and 3 bath sheets which you dont normaly get. Bathroom was lovely, must have been recently refurbished, with a few extras, nice soap and body wash.
All of the staff that we met were lovely and very helpful. I dont have anything to complain about apart from breakfast, we came down for breakfast near the end 9:10 when it finished at 9:30, as soon as i walked in the room the smell was awful, which put me off straight away. We had a cooked breakfast from the buffet area and it was the worst breakfast ive ever ate. I tried some fruit and that was awful too, apart from the tinned grapefruit which was lovely. So if you stay in this hotel, do NOT eat the breakfast as its a waste of money. On the evening we wanted to have a drink before going to our room, was told kids arent allowed in the bar which is fine and we sat in the bistro next door which was lovely and staff were very friendly and attentive. Although the room was lovely and cosy we didnt get a good nights sleep, we were all awoken around 4Am with shouting and doors being slammed. Although this isnt the hotels fault and its to be expected when you sleep in a hotel. All in all a nice trip away and well worth the money i spent minus the breakfast."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of April 2013

Will Recommend

Reviewed Fri 23rd of September 2011

"Booked this hotel just as an extra treat for my wife and daughter and i have to say i was not disapointed.
From the service of the staff and management to dinner and breakfast everything was great.
Leisure facilities are very good too.
Room was both well decorated and very clean.
If you are looking for a nice hotel for a leisurly stay with great food (more than the stated 3 star)then take a break here you will enjoy.

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2011

Kings Manor - Fit For A King?!

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"We had a wonderful stay at the Kings Manor.
The hotel is about 4 miles from Edinburgh city centre and is £1.20 on the frequent bus service - so you can leave your car in the hotel car park and take the bus.

Our room (352) was huge, with a lovely view. The 4-poster bed was large, we had a table and chairs, flat screen tv, full courtesy tray, etc, everything you could want.
The bathroom was superb with a very large bath and walk-in shower.

Breakfast was excellent - all the usual stuff plus extras! Certainly everything you could want.
We had dinner in the restaurant twice, the food really was very good and the service faultless.

Each member of staff we met was extremely helpful and friendly; they do go out of their way to ensure you have a good stay.

I find it hard to believe this is only a 3 star - it is far better than many 4 star hotels we have stayed in. I also find it hard to believe anyone could write a review of this hotel and not recommend it. Unless you are really fussy (but in that case, why choose a 3* in the first place!) or for some reason you didn't have a good time. But at this place, if you do have a problem, they act immediately to put it right.

There is a pool, spa, fitness and exercise centre - we didn't use it but we did have a look round and it looks great. The pool is quite large and open until 10pm.

We will definately go back and we would recommend it. "

• Travel date: Tue 16th of November 2010

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my...

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2007

"I booked this hotel as a surprise for my fiancés 30th. We booked 4 rooms over a weekend.

The rooms were fab (we were in the brand new wing of the hotel) the beds were really comfy, the rooms were very spacious and most importantly they were very very clean. I am very funny about cleanliness as you may see from my other reviews.

The staff were lovely, helpful, and friendly. Breakfast was good.

We couldn't really ask for anything else as we had a wonderful time. Only downfall is that it isn't in the city centre. Will def stay again. We loved it."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of November 2007

Nice hotel.

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Nice hotel, we up graded to a club room, enjoyed good peaceful sleep at night. Leisure complex was good, clean and mostly quiet. So got to enjoy facilities in peace.
Breakfast was always a good standard and eat as much as you want. Staff friendly and helpful. Right on bus route for city, about 20 mins on bus. Only gripe would be the lighting in the 'Zest Bar' at night was more suitable for a supermarket than a pub. Tone that down to a gentle shade and you would get everything right. Would go again."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of July 2007

Clean and friendly.

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"Have stayed at this hotel on several occasions over the last few months and am thorougly pleased with the cleanliness and service, and the reception staff are always friendly and courteous.
On my first few stays, I was allocated one of the older rooms, and found it clean, comfortable and well serviced.
My latter couple of stays were in the newer wing of the hotel, more modern than the older part, plasma TV, variable lighting, that sort of thing. Very nice.
The food in the hotel, no matter where you dine is excellent, and I have always found the service staff very attentive (I recommend the kippers for breakfast!)
The leisure centre attached is excellent and well staffed.
The hotel is admittedly a little out of town, but it is still acessible by bus or for a few quid in a taxi."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of April 2007

Stay in manor hotel

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"On appearance everything was fine, staff at reception were friendly, got to our room and it was clean, looked like we had the queen size bed that I requested but alas, it was two single beds pushed together with a big gap in the middle, as you can imagine not very comfortable....
Food was ok, service was a bit slack some days, they forgot our drinks and toast orders @ breakfast a couple of times also the breakfast menu wasn't explained to us till our very last morning there, i.e. we weren't aware that we could have the continental as well as a cooked breakfast as it was all the same price, but I guess you get what you pay for right? Our room was also right near a construction site and next to a gym so aerobics class music could be heard at all hours....ok for people on a budget, just remember it is a good 1.5 hrs by foot to the city centre, or a cheap 2.50 pound bus fare (valid all day) or a 10 pound cab ride to the heart of the city."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of April 2007

Excellent value for money

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Booked a two nights for the price of one through Best Western website - what a fantastic deal.

Hotel is immaculately clean and recently refurbished (the carpets still have their new smell). We were upgraded for free (maybe because I'm a BW gold card holder??) into one of the club rooms - large plasma TV, DVD, Sony playstation and large bathroom. Help yourself breakfast very nice, hot and cold, leisure facilities excellent and all staff very courteous and helpful. Didn't use the a la carte restaurant but the bistro meals were very good. Ample parking and only a 10 minute walk to the train station which is then a 6 minute journey into Edinburgh itself. (£10 taxi back again at night)

Recommended and would use again."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of February 2007

superb hotel

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"I stayed at the Kings Manor hotel on the advice of a friend and was certainly not disappointed. It has got to be the cleanest hotel that I have been in in a long time. the room was absolutely beautiful, spacious and spotless. After booking in reception rang to see that everything was in order with the room rather a nice touch I thought. I did not use the dining room but breakfast was superb and served at table not your usual help yourself carvery and staff most helpful and courtious. A very pleasant stay indeed"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of January 2007

Would not rush back

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"On arrival the hotel looked OK, my first room was clean but the bathroom looked as if it could do with upgrading. I was only staying for one night so I was happy to accept things not being up to my usual standard. The TV broke down and I was moved to a room dating from the 1960s. It was getting late and all I wanted to do was get off to sleep, so I accepted the room as it stood but have to say that the Kings Manor will not be my first choice on my return to Edinburgh.

The hotel needs money spent on it."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of April 2005

Not So Good

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"We were transferred to this hotel after finding out that our original hotel had been overbooked because of a rugby match. On arrival at 1pm we had to wait an hour before our room would be ready. They weren't the friendliest of staff on the reception desk and we got to over hear behind the scene gossip about other guests, that were checking in, while we waited. When we eventually got to our room we found it very basic and 'unlived in' as if no one had stayed in the room for a long time. It was also very cold and dark and when we pulled back the curtain on the largest window we discovered that our main view was the side of the factory, a few yards away. next door - hence that's why the curtain was closed! We had a mini bar in the room but was unstocked. The bathroom was very clean and the shower powerful, but the water was yellow coloured and the chain on the toilet did not flush properly. In the evening we had a drink in the bar but found it slightly unclean as the food that had previously been dropped on the tables hadn't even been wiped off. In the morning the buffet style breakfast was very good and there was plenty of variety. Overall the hotel was very average and not particularly useful for shoppers as it's around four miles out from the centre so you can't easily go back and leave shopping in your room or pop out for a meal in the evening (unless you want to spend £10 plus on taxi fairs or get a bus or train back) and because of this we had to carry our luggage round on our main shopping day before flying back home!"

• Travel date: Mon 29th of November 2004

Good Value

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Good Value at "great rates" Fairly basic, but nice leasure facilities, staff very friendly, convenient for edinburgh by train, bus, car, Food in cafe good, breakfast bit ropey. Room was nice - 3 bed family room basic, but spacious, clean, bright open outlook. Would recommend at price. Damian."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of March 2004

Hotels near Best Western Kings Manor Hotel

Top traveller tips for Best Western Kings Manor Hotel

• Carolred by Carolred

"This is a great place to stay in Edinburgh, luxury, great food but away from the hustle and bustle. "

• Rob by Rob

"Just keep doing what you do it works "

• amcleman by amcleman