Disgusting place

Reviewed 1st May 2018

"We stayed here for my sons football tournament it was disgusting were given a dirty caravan not cleaned at all complained left for 5 hours before cleaners came cleaners came and noticed we had a damaged sewage pipe with human waste under the caravan further complained to be told they were closed even the out of hours told us the same we had to stay in the caravan all night with human waste under the caravan and we could not use the toilet complained in the morning to be told they did not know if they could fix it and they did not have another caravan for us after further complaining we got moved after 12.00 please dont stay here its disgusting further to this grown men fighting outside bars with door staff standing doing nothing with kids watching, a horrible place !!!"

• Travel date: 1st April 2018

Just booked 3rd year going to Craig tara

Reviewed 24th April 2018

"Place is brilliant for kids.stayed 1st time in caravan.2nd in chalet.both good.must say I love caravans so it's a caravan in May.were taking 2 wee dogs this time.maybe the review will change!!! The only thing wasn't good was the mobile Chinese van near the pub ( Brigs of ayr).my grandsons a fussy eater an asked just for chicken balls.BUT NO....u had to pay for the fried rice and curry sauce too because that's the way it's priced. £6 for 4 chicken balls.!!!!"

• Travel date: 3rd February 2017

Caravan Regulars - Haven Hell Hole

Reviewed 23rd September 2016

"Our stay at Haven - Craig Tara is our 5th family caravan holiday in the UK and also our most expensive thus far. Unfortunately it has been the absolute worst in every way possible. On arrival our letter stated a late check in of 'after 4pm' - this created chaos at reception - everyone coming at the same time, people demanding different accommodation. We had traveled with a 2 year old who was tired and hungry and I had to queue for a considerable amount of time to get the keys to our accommodation. Accommodation: The smallest caravan we've had for the money, not very clean at all and toaster etc very low standard. The only form of heating in the caravan is a gas fire at ground level on the lounge - not ideal with a toddler. We were exceptionally cold most evenings and mornings. The caravan smelt very smokey and the outside furniture was in total ruin - unusable. Events: Totally unorganized chaos - lack of direction, signs, staff awareness/knowledge. The entertainments pass is the biggest rip off - we never used it and any events we wanted to do required a huge uplift fee and required booking. To this day I have no idea how you book an event, the staff couldn't care less generally. Despite paying £35 for 'entertainment passes' we were surprised that activities such as a bit of time on a Segway costs £20, karts were also expensive. The 'activity crew' were very busy indeed, playing table tennis with each other - I NEVER saw them interact with anyone. 3 of them, 1 manning the desk on his phone and 2 playing table tennis - occasionally swapping. All the while the seating area was dirty and the toilets were an absolute disgrace. Fights continually breaking out between parents over whose child hurt who in the soft play area - far too many older kids allowed in. And no one to supervise this volatile area (all too busy playing table tennis...). We did attend some shows at the Bonga Wonga and were very surprised at how badly they were run - people on stage talking directly to tech crew, unrehearsed mess, totally embarrassing. The swing park had 2 slides - one of which was infested with wasps. Out of the 4 swings only 2 were functional 1 baby swing and 1 normal swing. The inflatable world for the kids - looks great but £4 for a limited time! The great thing about places like Butlins is the pass allows your child to try new things included in their wristband and if they don't like them it didn't cost you any extra - no such thought for the child here. Under 5's miss out on everything, there should be a few rides specifically for toddlers - because they're free in terms of wristbands they don't matter here. The fairground though apparently unaffiliated is a dilapidated mess which is extremely expensive - dodge em's for example £4 a car. Food: The staff in Burger King and Papa John's were about the best all over. Helpful and food was up to standard you'd expect. The fish shop was a disaster. After ordering (wasn't asked if wanted salt and vinegar at the time..) I went back up to ask for vinegar and was told I'd need to bring all the fish and chips back to the desk as they 'don't trust guests' with condiments any longer. After paying £30 some salt n vinegar would of been nice. Swimming Pool: The slides are quite good and the pool is a nice standard but it can get very busy. Only 3-4 showers working on the main level, a whole wall of showers were out of order. This created big queues and a lot of standing water. Wasn't warm enough for my son and lazy river was closed as was smaller slides. Shops: Although handy the SPAR can shock you - my toddler had an accident and needed a new pack of baby wipes - at nearly £4 for a standard pack of pampers wipes you need to be very careful with branded purchases here. We had paid for tonight but are staying with friends because my son is too ill from the cold to stay another night in the caravan. We are all relieved to be away from the park. We would never come back to this park - overpriced, rundown, lazy staff, lazy entertainment, no thought given to the child's experience and barely adequate accommodation."

• Travel date: 22nd September 2016

Delux caravan

Reviewed 16th August 2016

"Great price for 3 adults 1 child! Caravan was beautiful very stylish and modern. Poor weather over two days but still plenty for the little one to do. Spa expensive so worth grabbing few bits on way to the park. Great time! Best park I have been too! "

• Travel date: 6th August 2016

holiday from hell

Reviewed 5th August 2016

"Booked a midweek break Monday till Friday cost £530 for 2 adults and 2 small dogs, we booked a chalet as I thought it would be quieter for dogs and we could go to club at night.We had to carry dogs up the steel staircase to chalet as they were terrified to go up them, and going in was a big heavy door that would swing back on you if you did not hold it ,similar door leading into chalet , the noise was constant as their were about a dozen units in our block and the noise of doors banging closing was terrible all day and at night my dogs could not settle with this racket so we could not go out at night complained to management waste of time and we lasted till Thursday morning could not stand it any more and went home, when I handed keys in their was a line of people leaving ."

• Travel date: 5th August 2016

Beware buying a caravan at Craig tara Ayr

Reviewed 10th June 2015

"My sister who is pensioner that takes care of her brother and sister who are also pensioners but with special needs .bought a three bed caravan in February she paid 21000 for it . She had to pay site fees plus buy a ramp for wheelchair access that cost another few thousand .She got a leaflet through her door about an upgrade to a caravan with double glazing and central heating at a cost of 41,115 they were going to give her 19000 towards trade in (after owning it for less than four months)so we went down to see this new caravan I checked online before I went and the caravan was on sale for 38,350 (2,795 saving)when I pointed that out to salesman (craig) he said he would speak to his manager (whom we asked to meet but never did does he exists )Craig came back and said if we got the caravan 38,350 he was only to offer her 16,500 trade in price What a con she was conned the first time round as she paid site fees and on the web page site fees were included"

• Travel date: 8th June 2015

review of the park

Reviewed 26th January 2015

"Just to clarify, this is a review of the park and not the site caravans. We have used those in the past, and found them slightly disappointing, but they did come very inexpensively, so taking this into account it wasn't too bad. So now we take our own touring caravan, and having been there now yearly for some 8 years, all I can say in response to the negative comments, is that our children have loved the facilities on-site, and the nearby town of Ayr. They especially like the swimming pool, now better with the improved changing rooms. To me, a holiday is what you make of it, and Craig Tara has enabled us as a family to have many fun times."

• Travel date: 25th January 2015

health&saftey

Reviewed 16th June 2014

"Dear who it may concern on my holiday we had a good time but there was a health and safety issue with the security at the club as my friends little girl got stuck and locked herself in the toilet and we went to security and they came to toilet and stood and said we can't climb over there then walked out toilet leaving myself to deal with this situation with a extreme pancake I did not hesitate to attempt to climb my self as I started to climb security came back and did not even stop me from climbing over they just stood and watched me I struggled to get over but eventually managed in the process of hurting my leg very bad which has lead to a very badly bruised and sore leg and at this severe time of being pregnant as well. My boyfriend and I made a complaint to security and a form was filled out got told head of security would come to see us at the caravan the next again morning before we left at 10.00 to make matters worst no one came and they where no security to be seen the next again morning as we went to look for them before leaving the caravan site. This issue has really stressed myself out and gave me a very badly bruised and very sore leg and has severely stressed my partner as I am pregnant with his baby in case anything happens to me. He is very tempted to go to a legal agent and take matters further for this health and safety issue and put a article in the paper about the lack and poor health and safety of the security. We don't really want to do this but we would like something done or compensated in some sort of way or we shall have no option but to take legal action."

• Travel date: 15th June 2014

Be very careful

Reviewed 18th November 2013

"We booked a caravan privately at Craig Tara to make sure we got a veranda for our 2yr old to play on & was asked for a £100 deposit paid via pay pal which is refundable after caravan is checked & left ok.Two of the owners checked over caravan while we stood & watched & told us all was fine & we would receive deposit into bank account on our return home (never heard this before) needless to say it didn't arrive but following day a phone call from K McIntyre the owner to say they had found stains on the mattress & we would have to pay to get it cleaned - I asked why they didn't tell us while we were there & not 234 miles away & had already checked it anyway. They kept our £100 & said they had to buy a new mattress. I was advised by Citizens advice to take it to small claims court after 3 recorded letters received no response. They never corresponded at all except an email telling all sorts of lies - I would not trust them again. It's an easy way to keep your deposit & although I was sure I could have claimed it back through the court, having to go to Scotland would have been a problem & costly. PayPal offered me £50 compensation which was decent of them as they didn't have to so I decided to accept that and forget the con merchant K McIntyre with all her lies & deceit. This totally spoil a lovely holiday & we would never return unless we booked with Haven who would not try pulling a stunt like that"

• Travel date: 17th November 2013

Holiday nightmare ( stay away )

Reviewed 13th November 2013

"Went to Craig Tara on 5 July with young family baby 10 months boys 8&10 they put us next to walkway all the drunks and needs shouting all hours all the rubbish from the park lying about spoke to staff who said paid people off but still wanting more work. Went to eat place cleaning fish fryers out and cooking at same time everything all black dots. Whole family got sick ! Wife gets smashed on leg with a broken swing that was fixed to days earlier by a guy who picks up rubbish if it was done professionally this wouldn't had happened ! Could have been a kids head ! Kids get burned on the slides they shut it down 2 days later ! But most of all owners having devil dogs plus 14 people in one caravan ! Leave them in van when they go out they would just jump out the window and roam park kids were terrified to go out ! And they tell you lies like we will move you ! We will wash all your bedding ! Etc so if I was you, you should stay away from this nightmare holiday resort they just walk by you and take as much money off you they can but when you have a problem they just. Cover it up and tell lies ! Especially Jan and Tracy at Bourne Leisure I'm going to speak with John Dunford soon and that take them to small claims court ! Thanks Mr. B "

• Travel date: 13th November 2013

my kids enjoyed it!

Reviewed 29th October 2013

"Let me start with the service, I think they did a good job. No problems in checking-in, it was fast and efficient. We had problems with the caravan like the heater and the toilet which needs repairing and they sorted that out quickly. There were lot of activities for children both indoors and outdoors that the children would love. Nightly entertainment was average. Park cleanliness was good. I had two issues though one is, the caravan was not properly cleaned, it stinks with cigarette. Cigarette buds and empty drinking bottles were left and during our stay there were yobs that frequently hung out near the beach access route near the caravan we are staying. My suggestion to the park management would be for security personnel to rover this areas more frequently. Overall we enjoyed our stay in Craig tara."

• Travel date: 29th October 2013

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DIRTY DISGUSTING PARK

Reviewed 29th August 2013

"I went to Craig Tara from 9th Aug till 12th Aug. We paid £280 for a dirty disgusting filthy caravan, my list is endless to the faults, dirt and mess that we experience and we contacted the cleaner to re-clean? Waste of time, reported it to the reception - waste of time, no one came near us and we also reported our experience again to the Customer Service Manager, and she also hasn't go back to us!!!! The swimming pool is absolutely filthy there is dirty and missing tiles and green gunk everywhere? Worst experience ever !!!! I have been to many Haven sites but none of them have ever been as bad as Craig Tara. I had to take my son to the doctor on our return as his skin all broke out after spending time in our filthy dirty caravan. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE... DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY FOLKS !"

• Travel date: 21st August 2013
  • ...

Hotels near Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven

Top traveller tips for Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven

• by Joseph R

"better prices, entertainment for adults,run better"

• by Christine R

"Employ window cleaners fr caravans and chalets.wee could hardly see out of the upstairs chalet last year"

• by Mrjurrasica

"If you really can't find any better than try find out where and what your accommodation is before you arrive - they are very good at not te..."

• by Stacenjazz

"Bring odds and ends with you"

• by Kelvin P

"Look past the dirt and see the gold :-)"

• by Whack

"Don't go near it !!!!!"

• by Noel R

"Plan your travel, get weather update daily so you can plan which activities your family can indulge for example if weather is miserable book..."

• by clairemac2502

"DONT GO WASTE OF MONEY AND ITS A DIRTY FILTHY PARK"

• by Mr G Smedley

"half board is a top tip at this park"

• by craig tara

"avoid like the plague"

• by macmac

"Craig Tara is a wonderfull holiday resort, and now that we know what to expect, we WILL be back again."

• by Mary M

"Try and find out where you caravan will be situated will make huge difference!"

• by campbell1

"Look at activities if going in peak and book in advance for things you really want to do."

• by Kelly M

"more security and staff"

• by Barbara M

"Half board was good value however plenty of places to eat on site"

• by adelev

"look at the whats on guide at start of your hol so you dont miss out on the best of what the park has to offer for your families interests...."

• by Iain F

"Book sessions in airspace the day you get there as they book up very quickly"

• by lainegee

"go off peak! if you have young children"

• by John S

"Take along your cleaning cloths with you. Remember to lower your standards to theirs and expectations so to avoid disappointment. Worst holi..."

• by xoamzyxo

"Just look around at everything and don't be scared to try new things!"

Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven is also called