Crowne Plaza Leeds

Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 4DL England

Good
( 1950 reviews)
Good

Thankyou for the wonderful day in the spa for my sisters Hen do

Reviewed 1 week ago

"We celebrated a hen do in the spa and were treated to a bucks fizz and prosecco reception which was amazing! The staff were really friendly, warm and welcoming. Alex in the spa was very professional and ensured the whole experience ran smoothly. The food was delicious in the bar dining area. Great service and comfortable surroundings. The pool was clean, the jacuzzi is super powerful and the sauna and steam room helped the relaxation experience. We all recieved treatments from experienced therapists. The back massage I had was amazing! Highly recommend this spa and hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of December 2018

What a lovely stay!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"as a business lady, i have been stay so many hotels across the world. my pa booked this hotel for me for 3 nights, and i have to say, its a wonderful experience.
the telephonist was so helpful to give me the direction to hotel and fax the local city map for me the day before arrive. check in was fully prepared and fast, the chinese girl on desk was friendly and very professional. concierge is a lovely chap, he is full of local knowledge and so helpful. by the way, the italian restaurant he recommended to me was so tasty. rooms are average, but clean and quite. breakfast is busy, but it was always fully refill and so many choices. personnaly i dont fancy full english as start of the day, but i can order omellett instead. on the day of departure, i had express check out form and received my receipt after 2 days. really friendly and warm hotel in such a good location. Crowne plaza leeds is the top one in city center"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of September 2006

OK but ...!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"The Crowne Plaza Leeds is not up to the standard of other Crowne Plaza's. It is better than a Holiday Inn but no that much. Restaurant service was OK but not exceptional, and food was OK but not worth the price paid.

There are better hotels in Leeds to stay in, and the Crowne Plaza has a lot of work to do to bring it up to acceptable "Crowne Plaze" standard. £10 to park for residents is a disgrace. If I was not on expenses I would refuse to pay.

Overall, stay here if you have to, if not there are better hotels in Leeds."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of August 2006

Great Stay

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We only stayed in this hotel for one night but found both the service and room to be of an excellent standard. When we booked in we did find that we had booked a smoking room and they only had non smoking rooms left. As I am a Priority Club Member they did however upgrade my room at no extra cost. Being a member is free of charge and we have found it can have its perks. Its definalty worth becoming a member even if you don't stay in hotels very often as without this card I don't think they would have offered the upgrade.

Staff were both friendly and helpful at all times. The room was of a high standard and both clean and spacious. The lesiure facilities were good, but found it got quite busy around tea time with a mixture of hotel guests and paying members.

The hotel is only a 5 minute walk to the pubs, restaurants, bars and shops. It is also extremly close to the train station. We found it a great place to stay if you want to explore the city and would recommend it to all."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of May 2006

Can be a lot better!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"When you check into a 4 star hotel, you expect reasonable prompt service. We spent one night here en route to Newcastle and was quite disappointed. The checking in was more than twenty minutes and a bad start. Staff quite unhelpful not one expect from a Northern town. The rooms are also dusty and not well cleaned.

We have been to a Crowne Plaze before and it was a lot better this."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of May 2006

On the whole, a reasonable hotel for the money

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"The visit to this hotel started badly... a 20 minute wait to check in but the room was clean & well proportioned. All the usual amenities were provided & the bed was comfortable. Good health club facilities were free to guests & we took full advantage of those. Unfortunately, we returned from (a very good) breakfast to find ourselves locked out & had to wait for reception to let us back in again & when we checked out...guess what? Yes... another lengthy wait to check out due to only one member of staff on the reception. On the whole though, a reasonable hotel for the money spent."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of March 2006

Consistently friendly

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"I've spent a large number of nights in 2005 in this particular hotel and found it consistent and friendly, despite its size.
Although the hotel appears a little dated, the rooms are consistent through out, with exective rooms and suites on the 5th floor. (Exec rooms tend to be a little more spacious and come with agood quality duvet rather than the normal sheets and blanket, Suites come with more space and a larger seating area and aren't anything special.) The hotel restaurant is of a reasonable standard with a standard menu and a daily menu that unsuprisingly changes daily (a refreshing change when spending a large amount of time away from home), the facilities include a gym (rather small and crowded, as used by members who are local office workers) and a swimming pool. The pool is a good size, free of charge to guests and suprisingly not so busy and also includes good sauna and steam rooms. The hotel has on site parking at £10 a night, but the car park can be very busy, however next door is a new large NCP multi-storey car park.
The best piece of advice I can give for this hotel is to make sure you are a priority club member. (This scheme is loyalty scheme for the Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn express and Crowne Plaza chains.) I found this hotel to be one of the few hotels who consistently recognised loyalty membership and offered a genuine "express" check-in/out and most importantly - room upgrades.
All in all for a large chain hotel a good place to stay."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of January 2006

Not very impressed!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My partner and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night as a stop over on the way up North. It was also intended to be a relaxing night away for us.
When we arrived after driving 4 hours, we were tired and in the foyer we were greeted with loud music and lots of people drinking. This was at 1.pm in the afternoon. This immediatly put me off. The lady at reception was rather unenthusiatic to say the least and just sent us on our way to our room!.
When we arrived in our room, it appeared to look rather 80's style, in need of a bit of work. The wallpaper was particularly drab. When i checked the bathroom, the floor was all chipped with hair all over the floor and to top it off, not enough towels for two people.
I phoned reception to order more towels and some pillows and no one arrived. I then phoned to complain about the state of the bathroom floor and requested we be moved. We were upgraded to an executive room, which was the same as the room before apart from a leather swivel chair. The bathroom floor was better yet it was still tired looking!. There was no bathrobes or executive refreshments and the ice bucket had old used teabags and rubbish in it. Not plesant! I sent the ice bucket down and we stayed with this room.
The pool area was very nice and relaxing to say the least and is well worth a visit.
When we arrived for breakfast, it was christmas eve, so we were the only ones in the restaurant. Yet the food had been lying out for a long time (it was about 10.am when we had arrived for breakfast), the cooked breakfast was rather dryed up and there was no vegetarian option for myself and no cook around to ask for assistance.

I have stayed in many Crowne Plazas and Holiday Inns and i have found this one to be one of the worst i have stayed in. More often than not i am very impressed with Intercontinental hotels, but on this occasion,this hotel is letting down the reputation of Intercontinental Hotels Group. Sort it out please!"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of January 2006

Very nice

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Stayed here on business in October 2005 and was very happy with it. The room was large yet cosy with lovely furniture including a sofa. Bathroom was clean and shower was good. Service was good albeit a little slow in the restaurant and bar but the food was nice. Overall, this place isn't going to change the world but there is nothing wrong with it either."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of October 2005

Hotels near Crowne Plaza Leeds

Stayed at Crowne Plaza Leeds? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Crowne Plaza Leeds

• Patricia M by Patricia M

"It's a popular place so be sure to book early to ensure you get a space! "

Crowne Plaza Leeds is also called