Highly recommend

Reviewed 2 months ago

"The staff are very polite and professional, the staff did whatever we wanted for our dads funeral.
Manager , chefs and waiters all went that extra mile for us. The food was amazing . Honestly don’t have a bad word to say about the corn mill lodge Leeds . Thank you so much for making one of the hardest things we have had to do that little bit easier ."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of December 2018

Very nice

Reviewed Thu 21st of March 2013

"My fiancée and I stayed here for several days We traveled over from the US to visit family.
The room was nice and clean The hotel well kept Simon the owners son was wonderful and an asset to the family business .We will stay here again"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of March 2013

good value clean and efficient will use again

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"This is an excellent stopover hotel. Fantastic value. especially as full english breakfast is complementary at the weekend. We only stayed for one night but will certainly stay again when we go that way. The rooms were very clean , quiet and a reasonable size. £52 for the two of us.
The dinner was also good value and good food. Service was good despite the fact that they had a wedding reception the night we were there."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of September 2009

I can highly recommend.

Reviewed Wed 6th of March 2013

"We always book our visitors, who are here on company business, into The Cornmill Lodge. These come from far & wide, China, Italy, Spain & recently Thaiwan and all have been comfortable and very happy at this hotel. The cost is also very competitive.
My husband & I regularly dine at the Cornmill, and have always had good, hot food with an excellent Menu to choose from. We have always found the staff to be very friendly.
I. Chandler"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of August 2009

Great hotel

Reviewed Fri 22nd of February 2013

"We stayed one night only at this hotel, as we were on a coach tour of Yorkihire. The hotel was very comfortable and friendly and managed to cater very well, with two large coach tours who arrived within a few hours of each other. The rooms were very clean modern and comfortable.

The restaurant was an absolute delight and the food of excellent quality, being fresh produce and plenty of it. The staff were quick friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. Our only regret is we were not there for longer."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of May 2009

One night weekend break

Reviewed Sun 24th of February 2013

"The room was clean and had a very comfortable double bed. There was also a large TV with Freeview channels, tea and coffee facilities and double glazed windows.

The bathroom was clean and had a power shower over the bath. It was also supplied with towels, shampoo and shower gel.

The breakfast was excellent with a large choice of items including cereals, toast, cooked breakfast and fruit."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of May 2009

Freindly clean and welcoming

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2013

"I have provided floristry requirements for various wedding/engagements etc at this venue over the years.
I have always found the staff to be very accomodating and helpful, nothing is too much trouble.Having attended various functions too they have always provided a reallg good service."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of March 2009

Not for the normal business traveller

Reviewed Wed 13th of February 2013

"The room was big and clean - but I found the bed linen old and faded, with the dreaded rubber under sheet, and the coldness of the room didnt help. It obviously is a hotel, run by gentlemen with no female input. The towels were rough and extremely small. The 'free' tray of shampoo's etc was very basic with strange smelling soap. No face cloths, and no spare loo paper. The tea/coffee tray was basic - - the TV huge with not a lot of choice. As a buget hotel, I would compare this to a Travel Lodge - but if you can, choose a Travel Lodge. I ate in the resturant, which looked inviting, with large food portions, but the quality was only average. Fatty meat, but a decent choice of vegatables. However I did spend a long time during the night being ill, which I could only attribute to the meal I ate there. One word of warning, dont try and check out before 7.15 or the wrath of the receptionist will be upon you!. If like me you have an absolute loathing for 'notices' dont stay here, the room is covered in notices of what you cannot do.
This is a hotel geared up for men on courses at the local Gas Corgi centre, and it shows. I skipped Breakfast - - didnt start until 7.0 and I had to start work at 7, so cannot comment on that. To finish on a high though, they do have Free Internet access, but unfortunatly this was small compensation for the down sides. My Bill was £70 for bed and a bar type evening meal, which I think was very expensive for the type of hotel this is. Look around, there is a Holiday Inn and a Premier Travel lodge within 5 mins, take some advice and choose one of those."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of January 2009

satisfied

Reviewed Fri 8th of February 2013

"We had a most enjoyable stay at the Corn Mill Lodge Hotel. The
staff were friendly and welcoming from the reception onwards.
The bedroom was clean and spacious with all the extras provided which one would expect from a good hotel. The food also was very good with a menu catering for all tastes
We look forward to visiting the Corn Mill again.

Mr and Mrs Gledhill, Scarborough."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of January 2009

We will not re-visit The Corn Mill Lodge Hotel Leeds

Reviewed Sat 9th of February 2013

"My wife and I wanted a convenient hotel whislt visitng relatives in Leeds.Our visit to this hotel took place on 27th/28th Dec 2008 The web site looked good and on arriving everything looked very nice. There was not any yorkshire freindlyness at reception. The room was of a good size and appeared in order. The following day we ate a cold cooked breakfast, albeit there were hot plates at the counter. The gent behind the counter could not crack a smile and the waitress was exactly the same. On returning to the room that evening, the bed had not been made and the bathroom was not clean. We did not attempt breakfast the following day, and will not return to this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of December 2008

great value for money

Reviewed Fri 15th of February 2013

"Me and my family had to travel to Leeds for a family funeral and we were recommended the cornmill hotel.It was very easy to find with ample parking.The rooms were spacious and clean.We booked for dinner and found the pre dinner drinks priced very reasonably.The ammount of choice on the menu left us with a dialemma to what to chooose,a good mix of dishes.The presentation was excelent and my only complaint would be the portion sizes "too much" but delicious.The staff were very attentive and made it a pleasent stay
Carl Stevenson. Cheltenham."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of December 2008

Best Christmas Party Ever

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Went to a Christmas Party at The Cornmill Lodge Thursday 11 December 2008. Had a fantastic evening.

The function room was just the right size, had a dance floor, bar and seating for 60 people. The hotel supplied the DJ but we also took some of our own CDs which he played.

The buffet was well presented and the food was lovely with a good range of both warm and cold food.

The staff were lovely, friendly, helpful, efficient and courteous throughout the evening.

All in all this was a really good party and I would recommend the venue. Can't comment on the rooms as didn't stay over but some of the guests did and they enjoyed their stay.

People I have spoken to since all enjoyed the evening."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of December 2008