Pleasant stay.

Reviewed 2nd April 2013

"The Beachcroft Hotel is in an excellent location being close to places of interest for example Chichester, East and West Wittering and Itchenor. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Room comfortable and very clean and a well appointed bathroom. One small niggle I simply could not understand why at dinner we were treated to appalling "music" (similar to "X Factor style)I asked for it to be turned down to a more reasonable volume which the waiter did for me!! Most guests prefer to speak to their partner and not have to endure loud music. Swimming pool very pleasant. A lift for guests with mobility problems would be great. Apart from my niggle I would recommend the Beachcroft to others - our overnight stay was very pleasant and good VFM."

• Travel date: 1st April 2013

Disappointing

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"After reading reviews I expected much more. Memebers of my family have also recommended this hotel but my experiences were not as good. The welcome was OK but after that I felt that the 3 night stay was a big disappointment. The staff were not particularly friendly (except when I checked out!). Breakfasts and dinner were fine but I felt that the staff couldn't quite cope with a same-sex couple and were a bit embarassed. Even though we spent evenings in the bar the staff were not welcoming just very "official". My other major complain was the noise from other guests doors in the evening and early morning. Although this was not the fault of the staff, the doors tended to slam late into the evening and very early (two mornings a number banged loudly before 6am). Nice position and clean rooms but I would not stay there again and would advise same-sex couples to avoid. It was a shame really because it would have made such a difference."

• Travel date: 17th March 2008

Service

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for one night in February. It was warm, comfortable and convenient for lovely sea walks along the promenade either way. The swimming pool was a real bonus and the menu was imaginative and beautifully served. Most of all we were impressed by the friendliness of the staff. Good customer service is rated highly here. We would certainly visit again."

• Travel date: 6th February 2008

nice stay

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Really enjoyed my stay here. Lovely bedroom with plenty of room for my daughter and me. Nice comfy bed, sea view, clean bathroom with power shower, tv etc. The staff were very helpful and looked after us well. I needed some medicine putting in the fridge they did it. I asked them to wash my daughter's pillow case they did it. Really nice people!! The breakfast was lovely and there is a nice cosy bar and restaurant. The sea is right by the hotel and you can hear the waves at night very calming. The hotel has a pool and you can have beauty treatments with simone who is excellent. Ten out of ten"

• Travel date: 11th January 2008

Excellent Stay - Highly Recommended

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"Excellent, well manned staff and acomaddation, would highly recommend for anyone that is looking for a quiet, good quality, good service hotel. The views from the hotel windows were incredible, with a light cool breeze, lifting up off the waters, thoroughly enjoyed our stay and recommend to all."

• Travel date: 15th October 2007

Excellent value for money

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"We booked a room here for a Sunday night in October – a little getaway from London with a desire to be as near to the coast as possible. It was very cheap, we had a nice sea view and the staff were helpful, the food was very fresh. It’s billed as a two-star but I don’t think that’s fair – it’s more 3-star. It’s clean (the room fresheners can be a little overpowering though), the location (you step out of the car park and literally onto the beach, and you can hear the waves if you keep your window open – which we did even in October!) is great, and whilst it’s basic it’s not impersonal. We went at low season so of course it was quiet, and we didn’t try any of the amenities (spa, etc.) so admittedly this review is just based on one night. Basically: if you want all the mod cons that a hotel can offer and you plan on spending a good part of your time there then no, this hotel isn’t for you. But if you want somewhere near the beach either for a night or two’s stay or you’re going for longer but hardly going to be in the place at all (on the beach all holiday or out and about) but you want somewhere clean, friendly and welcoming then this is the place for you and on that basis I’d recommend it."

• Travel date: 8th October 2007

loved it

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in in a long time. We arrived very early (10.30 a.m.) so we could go on the beach and I asked at reception if I could leave my car in the car park. (Booking in is at 2pm.) Yes no problem and I was duly given our room keys as it was already ready! We had a very pleasant sea view room - clean, plenty of room with a seperate ensuite bit for the kids. Pool is good. Breakfast the next day super. My two kids 5 and 7 were made to feel very welcome by all the staff. No hesitation in going back."

• Travel date: 7th September 2007

good hotel overall better than its two stars

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Have just spent a family weekend here to celebrate my mothers birthday and my mother and fathers 40th wedding anniversary. There were six adults, a four year old and a 18 month old. When we pulled up outside the hotel I have to say I wasn't too impressed and I wondered what the hotel was going to be like. I soon realised that I had got totally the wrong impression. The decor of the hotel is a little on the old fashioned side in the public areas and some bedrooms ours included, though we assume my parents room - a four poster- had been renovated as it was more modern. But everything was clean and in good order - old fashioned and practical but not tired. Our room was a great family room with a kids section with two single beds in seperated by a curtain. The bathroom look nice and clean no rougue hairs which is a pet hate of mine and also no mildew and that's without an extractor fan. Views from the rooms were good and my parents saw some good sunrises. All the staff were well presented and efficient you didn't get the feeling when they were talking to you or serving you that they wanted to be elsewhere thought they probably did. If you have mobility problems you may want to request a ground floor room as the hotel used to be a row of cottages that have been knocked through and they still have the narrow though not too steep stairs. The bar is pleasant and has a very good selection of drinks, if you are a major wine connoisseur you won't get overly excited with the wine list, but it's adequate for the majority of people. The food was very good, we had 2 breakfast and 2 evening meals in the hotel and the only complaint was that the chef put fresh pepper on a specially request pasta and peas meal for my four year old - when we explain he wouldn't eat it due to the pepper it was whisked away and another portioned appeared not long after minus pepper - no problem. Also my son likes banana with his cereal and there weren't any out so we asked for one, first we were told there weren't any - fair enough just thought I'd ask but about a minute later after my son said he wasn't going to eat his cereal without banana one of the waiters appeared with one - a happy son! The children liked the indoor swimming pool, the only complaint here is that there is no toilet nearby so when my four year old wanted to go the nearest toilets were up the corridor through reception and down another corridor. My mother and myself had a treatment each by Simone at the spa which was as good as anywhere else I've been for treatments. Would I return - yes we picked up tariffs for next year and will be returning."

• Travel date: 6th November 2006

Just gets better

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"We stayed here in April 06 on a Friday till Sunday break; being a return visit from January 06. The owner continues to make ever more improvements. The hotel now has a new suit of signs and more services. A spa has been opened offering massages, facials, and a host of other treatments. There's a new menu and great afternoon teas. This time we took our children and a spacious sea view family room accommodated all of us with the children in a curtained off side room. It worked well. Sunday lunch was accommpanied by a super jazz combo. We ended up not leaving till late in the afternoon as we couldn't tear ourselves away (helped by sunny weather all weekend)."

• Travel date: 10th April 2006

What a Party!

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"If you are looking for somewhere to hold a function, this is the place to come. We held our Golden Wedding Party here and what a great choice. The owner and all his staff could not have done anything more to make it a most happy and memorable occasion. We have had numerous "thank yous" from our guests all remarking what a wonderful place to have a party, they stayed overnight and the talk at breakfast was all about the quality of the food and comfort of the well equipped rooms. We will be going back as will some of our guests. Dont forget your swimming gear. Well done Beachcroft."

• Travel date: 1st April 2006

Great stay!!

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"We booked in with our 18 month old daughter as we wanted to take her to the flying fortress and visit Arundel. When we arrived we were greated excellentlly. We were informed with all the facilities available to us including a baby monitoring facility which I had never used in a hotel before due to choice. We took our daughter swimming in the hotel pool and walked into Bognor. The hotel is in a lovely part - just outside. The room was basic but exceptionally clean- bedding smelt clean including the pillows. We decided to take up the baby monitoring service and the hotel was more than obliging and rang up from reception every 10 minutes!!! The food was amazing for the 2* it has been given!! Presentalion was exceptional and so were the satff. The opened a spa the day we arrived and looking st the prices is very reasonable. Thank you Beachcroft hotel! We usually stay in Brightonn but the friendliness of this hotel will draw us back"

• Travel date: 13th March 2006

Hotels near Best Western Beachcroft Hotel

Top traveller tips for Best Western Beachcroft Hotel

• by Richard Wainwright

"If you are not keen on late parties, discos etc check before booking and if you do intend staying on a party night request a room a long way..."

Best Western Beachcroft Hotel is also called

• Beachcroft Hotel
  • beachcroft hotel bognor regis
  • beachcroft bognor regis