Premier Inn Bristol Sidcot (A38) Hotel

Good

Nice value hotel with fantastic staff

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"A very nice value hotel this which is given an edge by staff who go that extra mile to make you feel valued as a guest and that they are interested in making your visit special. Location good for Bristol Airport which is about 20+ min drive, so you have the convenience without the noise and Cheddar Gorge and Weston super Mare are near as well. Food is good pub grub but don't expect anything too special, but again good value for money. One gripe I do have though is that over the years I have stayed at many Premier Inns and generally I am a big fan of their quality and value but as a building this had some issues. Some of the rooms round the back smelt damp and one of the rooms I stayed in upstairs had a broken window frame that I had to stuff with a curtain to stop the draft but all in all good hotel, good location great staff"

• Travel date: Thu 1st of April 2010

Fit for purpose

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Don't stay here if you are not leaving early! Here's why.... A lot of international flights leave Bristol airport around 6-7am So like us you need to get there at 5am -ish to check-in. Our room was on the ground floor and there is considerable noise at 5am (or earlier) with people banging and crashing about, starting cars and leaving for the airport. We did the same so we just contributed to the noise. But for that purpose it's clean, spacious, and has good family rooms. I thought the pillows were too lumpy and the hotel is a bit of a warren of narrow corridors and lots of fire doors to get about. But reception was good though and the pub attached had decent pub food. I would stay again, but if you are not flying ask for a room miles away from the car park."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of January 2010

Comfortable, great service and an excellent price.

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Stayed for one night after flying late into Bristol Airport. It's 10-15 mins drive from the airport, you would need a car, a taxi would be expensive. On arrival we were told our room was on the other side of the building so the receptionist got a barman to help carry our bags which was a very nice touch.

The room (28 I think) was massive, as was the king size bed. We had a child bed and cot ready made up for us. The room was cold on arrival but soon warmed up (I actally like the thought of not having all hotel rooms baking hot when not occupied). As the rate was £29 it really was excellent value for the size and comfort.

We had breakfast in the morning which was also excellent. The staff were again very friendly and the food excellent. Overall this is a great place for a stopover and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I was in the area."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of January 2010

Good no-frills hotel and great breakfast

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Stayed here for one night as we were attending a wedding at nearby Cadbury House. Room was fairly large with a very comfortable king size bed and bathroom was fine - not great pressure in the shower but plentiful hot water. Hairdryer didn't work but I'd brought my own so it didn't matter. Tea and coffee maki fangciltiies and TV with freeview in the room.

We booked a full English breakfast and it was great. You could order as much as you wanted and had a full range of continental breakfast too. Staff very nice - we asked for a taxi to take us to the wedding and it arrived in 5 minutes flat.

It actually wans't that close to the airport - about 9 miles - so I might have been a bit miffed if we'd booked it for that reason but it was a good location for Cadbury House. The taxi was £16 on the meter on the way there but only £10 booked with the wedding venue's firm on the way back."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of October 2009

Clean and functional rooms, helpful staff

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Stayed here for one night to attend a nearby function. It was OK - rooms were standard Premier Inn style - clean and functional, although the bathroom looked a little "tired". The grounds looked like they needed a bit of attention too. The accommodation is in a block next to an old hotel. The corridors were reminiscent of a 1970s student hall of residence! Staff were helpful."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of May 2009

Nice enough

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Stayed here for one night before a business meeting the following day but would also make a good base to see Cheddar Gorge etc.

Friendly staff on reception and in the adjoining pub where I had dinner and breakfast which were up to the usual Premier Inn/Brewers Fayre standard.

The room was large with a king sized bed and was very clean. The bathroom needed some maintenance work as it was starting to look a little rough round the edges but otherwise a pleasant stay."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of January 2009

Just got there in time...............

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Just stayed there after returning late at night from France. We just managed to get a drink from the bar before it shut down at midnight.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the room is quite spacious. The only criticism is the view from the window which is non existent in the room we stayed in (room 4) as it faced a brick wall barely 2 foot away with large hedges and trees behind leaving the room without any daylight.
OK for an overnight stay but would not want to stay there any longer."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2008

Clean, comfortable, convenient

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"No complaints about this hotel as a pre-flight stopover. It's about 10-15 minutes drive to the airport in a pleasant rural location. Although the road was close by there was no significant traffic noise. Our room was exactly what you'd expect from this type of hotel - clean and comfortable, if unimaginative.

The attached restaurant was a pub in an old building - the menu had a good range of pub food. Prices were reasonable but portions were on the small side. There was a terrace outside.

I'd stay here again if we had another very early flight."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of June 2008

Excellent Value

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"My second stay at a Premier Travel Inn.This one represents excellent value for money.Rooms are modern and well furnished (Mine even had a balcony) with a money back guarantee if your night is nothing less than comfortable.The restaurant offers a wide selection on the menu and of a good standard.The staff were unfailingly pleasant and very obliging.I can recommend this hotel to all and I will have no hesitation about staying with the chain again"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

Good hotel

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Had to stay in Bristol over night whilst waiting for connecting flight. Although we didn't arrive until 3am, we received a warm welcome. The breakfast next morning was good, and again, the staff were all friendly.

The bedroom and ensuite were exceptionally clean and the beds very comfortable. The only fault I could find with this hotel is that there is no lift to the bedrooms. Would definitely use it again."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of October 2006