About Rookery Manor

• secured parking
  • telephone
  • sauna
  • bridal suite
  • fitness spa locker rooms
  • hot tub

Good
Good

Not for me

Reviewed Fri 29th of March 2013

"I booked after looking at the hotel’s web-site. Although I was aware that it was primarily a wedding venue, I did not realise that it was very different from a business hotel. After a very long day I was looking forward to a drink and a good meal in their seafood bistro. Unfortunately, Rookery Manor doesn’t have a bar, nor does it have draft beer. I was lead to believe that there was only one type of bottled beer although I later found they have more than that. Drinks are served in a small seating area that has the appearance and charm of a dentist’s waiting room. If three strangers were sitting there it would be full. I stayed mid-week and was the only person in the dining room both in the evening and at breakfast.
Their web-site shows a menu with around twelve main course choices, most of them very reasonably priced fish courses. This night there was a choice of only four main courses and three or four starters. The prices seemed much higher than I was expecting. Only one main course was fish, in what the web-site describes as The Seafood Bistro.
The grounds are lovely but the hotel is very close to the motorway, one or two hundred metres at the most. The rooms are okay but they are motel style, you check in at the main building and then need to go outside again to get to and from your room.

The food I had was pleasant and the staff were nice, but I wouldn’t want to stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of October 2010

Beautiful gardens and a relaxing atmosphere

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"A lovely hotel with beautiful gardens and a relaxing atmosphere made our stay. The rooms are great that i couldnt fault along with the freindly and helpfull staff.
I would deffinatly recomend this venue and will be returning with my family."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of September 2010

A little disappointed

Reviewed Wed 27th of March 2013

"We stayed in the family room and it was ok but were a little disappointing with the dated furniture for a 4 star venue. A mirror above the washing basin would have made the shave easier as well.
However the biggest disappointment was recieving a letter at home a few days later accusing us of smoking in the room!....with two young children in here do they really think this would have happened?? needless to say that none of us smoke neither does my 10 year old.
On a positive note the grounds were superb for a wedding/function and the breakfasts were great combined with the pleasant morning staff.
After the suggested £115 charge unfortunately we will not be staying here again."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of August 2010

Wedding themed "retreat" - too close to a motorway

Reviewed Thu 28th of March 2013

"We chose this hotel as an alternative to staying in Weston as their website is tempting. We were somewhat disappointed on arrival to discover how close it was to the motorway and, despite its otherwise rural position, didn't have immediate safe walking apart from the grounds themselves.

The staff were friendly throughout the stay and the accommodation satisfactory; the beds comfortable. My colleague was disappointed to have a room half the size of mine for the same price, and the low ceilings made the rooms somewhat oppressive.

The proximity of the motorway gives the place a restlessness despite the pleasant grounds - and I would recommend you take earplugs for a better night's rest. What was tiresome for us was the obsessive wedding theme that runs throughout the entire premises - and if like us you no longer want to be reminded of that particular event, its constant reminder everywhere you walk and look is surely a put-off. The restaurant was okay - nothing more - and it was surprising that nothing on the rather limited menu was offered for vegetarians.

Although the overnight stay was satisfactory, we felt we'd made the wrong choice. But if wedding bliss is your fantasy, this is the place for you."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of August 2010

magical, very romantic!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"My partner booked a surpise meal and stay in one of the beautiful suites in the manor house for us. The meal was fantasic and i couldn't fault the staff for anything. After the meal we took a walk round the amazing gardens and ended on the balconey where there was a bottle of champange chilling for as! My partner then proposed!!!! I said yes of course. A few week later me and my partner went back and book are wedding because of how remomable Rookery Manor made the proposal! I'm so excitied we've booked for sept 11'"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of July 2010

The Best Wedding Venue in the South West

Reviewed Tue 26th of March 2013

"My daughter and her fiance decided to get married after only 'fifteen years of courtship'! After looking at five other venues they chose Rookery Manor resulting in the happiest day any of us could wish for. They chose an informal wedding which was perfect. From the moment we walked into the grounds we were welcomed and nothing was too much trouble. The ceremony was beautiful. We weren't rushed it was just a delightful day.The reception and evening reception went well with the food so good. We stayed at the hotel overnight and enjoyed a terrific breakfast. I would recommend Rookery Manor for any celebration or just a relaxing break. A special thanks to each and every one of the staff who worked so hard to create such wonderful memories. Angie and familiy"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of July 2010

Fantastic Rookery

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Friends got married here...top place, fantastic setting, beautiful location, seriously can NOT fault the staff...a gem of a hotel!! Thank you....."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of December 2009

One to avoid

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"The only reason this is a 4 star hotel is because it has a golf course, the rooms are very small & only up to travle lodge standards, the accommodation tarrif is excessive for what you get. They have a sewerage problem, the rank smell premiates into the toilets of the bar & some guest rooms. The food was basic & over priced, as was the drink, the specialist wedding nature of the venue results in decor in the public areas that is actually quite sickening, all in all, a family run business that has only one objective, money grabbing."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of June 2009

Rookery Manor - absolutely fantastic, magical, peaceful, wonderful

Reviewed Mon 4th of March 2013

"Had the most amazing time at Rookery Manor. The place is absolutely magical, the gardens wonderful. The staff were great, there when you needed them, ready and waiting but not 'in your face'. The food and wine was first class. I can't think of a single negative comment to make."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of April 2009

Standards unexpected in Somerset

Reviewed Tue 5th of February 2013

"One of the best hotel experiences I've had this year. Fabulous room, great service, wonderful gardens, peaceful location and the best steak ever in the Truffles Restaurant - couldn't believe I was in Somerset! Tell your friends!!"

So Romantic

Reviewed Mon 4th of February 2013

"We had a wonderful stay at the Rookery manor last year. We stayed in no 21 and it was amazing. A four poster bed with a huge jacuzzi bathroom. The staff were very polite and friendly in the resturant and we have been back on many occasions to the resturant and hotel. I would definitely recommend this as a wedding venue or just a nice place to stay for a weekend away. The gardens are beautiful and everything is very well organised."

The Most Amazing Hotel and Venue in England

Reviewed Tue 12th of February 2013

"My partner and I have been to and stayed in many hotels in England and throughout the world. This has to be the most magical, tranquil and unspoilt location - we believe we have found a hidden treasure.
We were invited to our friends wedding and were bowled over by the level of service, we; the guests' and the bride (Sharon) and groom (Steve) received.
The day was momentous; nothing was any trouble, the accommodation was 5 star, the location was perfect, the ceremony and wedding breakfast was as good as the Ritz in London!
If you do not come and experience this hotel you have really missed out!
I have read passed reviews, and feel saddened that people have had a different experience to us. Therefore any issues in the past must have been rectified as we cannot rate the hotel highly enough. We stayed in the room "Tin" which had a spa bath and looked out towards the walled garden; it was beautiful, clean and well appointed. We were close to all the amenities.
Truly amazing an unforgettable experience. Thank you Rookery Manor for making our time with you one of our best nights away from home."

Hotels near Rookery Manor