Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel

Massingham Park Priorswood Road, Taunton TA2 7RX England

brill

"First time at Premier inn.(Normally stay at Travelodge) Have now been converted.Reception staff on arrival was fantastic. All other staff we met at reception and in the pub/ resturant were all very helpful and cheerful.Room was very clean and was kept that way for the three nights we stayed.Food in the resturant was good. We didnt partake in the all you can eat breakfast ,as I only like a light breakfast . £7 would have been a lot for a bowl of cereal and a coffee.
Will be using Premier Inn from now on.Keep it up."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of June 2010

Not too bad - could have been better

"For the price good value - but I prefer somewhere with a little more personal service.
the room was decent enough - but the breakfast was pretty dire."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of October 2009

Absolutely fine! A good night's sleep.

Good

"Stayed here one night when in town for business. The room was absolutely fine. Nice and clean, same for the bathroom.

The Wi-Fi was not free which was a huge shame (£12 for 24 hours). However given that I was only there for one night I can live with that... especially since the room had Freeview TV.

Only one main drawback - you can hear cars passing from the adjacent road. This didn't really bother me as it was simply background noise, but if you're the type of person who needs 100% silence when they sleep... this hotel may not be right for you.

Also there was no air-con, but a fan is given in the room. This is probably standard and to be honest I probably shouldn't expect much more than a fan for £60/night!

The breakfast next door was also fine. For the price (£63) I think overall this place is excellent value for money given that I think it's one of the cheapest in the area (apart from Travelodge).

Overall I would definately recommend to other travellers."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of October 2009

Just right!

Good

"I have to stay at this hotel several times a year on business and they never let me down.
It is consistently clean and comfortable and the staff are excellent. I find them very helpful and friendly.
OK - so it might not be the cheapest - but as I am on business I don't have to pay! Also - yes there is some traffic noise - but then if you want to stay somewhere near a main road that is always going to happen. Also - they do point out the potential noise on their website.
Food at the next-door Brewyers Fayre is of a similar standard. Always consistent with a good choice of pub grub type stuff.
Also - I never feel awkward eating on my own here as there are usually others doing the same.
I would say the hotel is fine - but it is the staff that make it a pleasure to go back."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of January 2008

Not worth it

"This hotel is fine: clean and comfortable, but for when you can not book it for less than around £50 it is too much money. It says that it is a budget hotel but really for that kind of money you could get a good rate at a hilton or holiday inn which includes breakfast. A far better alternative is the Travelodge in the same area. i have also stayed here before and it is the same: clean and comfortable. But in the travelodge you can nearly always get a rate of £26 if you book ahead. This is the far better alternative giving the same services for nearly have the price."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of October 2007

It's fine

Good

"I stayed at the PTI Taunton for one night and it is as you would expect from this chain.

Both the room and bathroom were clean and in good order. There is road noise from the main road outside the hotel but once rush hour is over this dies down.

I only ate breakfast in the Brewers Fare next door and I was pleasently suprised. As a rule I don't this that Brewers Fare's are very good but the breakfast was hot, fresh and prompt. The buffet was fully stocked and well presented.

Would I stay here again - Yes."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

Hotels near Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel

Stayed at Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel? Share your insight.

Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel is also called

• Premier Inn Taunton Central (North)
  • Premier Inn Taunton