Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25

Blackbrook Park Avenue Blackbrook Business Park, Taunton TA1 2PX England

Excellent Value. Clean Modern Rooms

Good

"A modern and well appointed hotel within its price bracket. Sadly, breakfast was a little frugal, which was the only serious drawback.

The staff were friendly. The absence of a restaurant for evening meals meant that we had to use the adjacent Harvester pub, but that worked out fine as it was literally a sew seconds away on foot from the front door of the hotel.

The rooms were quiet and the beds comfortable. So we all had a good nights sleep to prepare us for our onward journey."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of September 2009

Decent hotel - good value for money

"Stayed over on way down to Cornwall. Very impressed with the hotel, pleasant staff, clean big room, nice bar area. A bit busy in the morning at breakfast but not a problem.

Tip - we arrived earlier than expected and so we had a wonder round and found a pub a short distance away called The Master Thatcher. Go over a bridge and there is a walkway along a sort of canal. We ate there rather than the harvester which looked absolutely packed when i shoved my head in the door. This pub was a lot quieter and the steaks were fantastic."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of August 2009

Quite OK for an Overnight Stop

Good

"On our way back from Cornwall, we decided to get ahead of the Friday rush.

This was a good value option for us and we had had a good stay at the Stonehenge Holiday Inn on the way down.

Now we understand the difference when it is an "express" - as my wife says this is more of a pit-stop in the nicest possible way.

The rooms are still comfortable but more functional. Breakfast is a continental buffet and a bit of a free-for-all particularly at busy times.

Overall the service was still excellent and the front of house staff very slick - efficient but still friendly.

As a brand I would still place it above the Travelodge for value for money if the advance booking deals are on, and the rooms are very good for family stopovers but I wouldn't want to spend more than a night or two in one."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of August 2009

Ok Hotel but no Priority club points...beware!

"I stayed here for two nights paying the Government rate which I am permitted to do due to my employer. At every other Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn Express I have stayed in I have always been given priority club points when using this rate however both nights at this hotel have been marked on my account as "non qualifying". Despite my best efforts so far I have not been able to get these points credited to my account, so beware when staying here that unless you pay the top rate you will not get any PC points.

Another thing I would suggest that you avoid this hotel on a Friday evening as this is on the route to Cornwall and I can only assume that it is known as as top off point for bus loads of teenagers on their way to Newquay etc.

The hotel was very quiet until around 10pm when they arrived by the bus load, then they made loads of noise for about an hour then went out to some night club. When the returned very late into the night the noise started again.

I will never stay in this hotel again for these two reasons."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of August 2009

Close to the motorway great for a night

"Close to the motorway tucked away from the main road on a business park next to a harvester. Apart from the harvester there is not much in walking distance the other holiday inn is quite close.
This hotel has been renovated recently and looks a lot better, the reception is light and airy, the carpets and room have been upgraded to include air-con. The staff were happy and friendly and check-in was very quick. Every time I have stayed they have put me in the back of the hotel which is quite quiet. The air con can be noisy, but it is great plus to the rooms. This hotels wifi provider is cloud which is free with my provider. the minus point for the rooms is they have recently got rid of dove and lux from the bathroom and replaced it with random coconut smelling gel for the shower and sink.
The breakfast was good and well maintained, the food was standard HI-express, yet as it was a Monday they had run out of brown bread for the toaster and were waiting for some of the flavours of yoghurt's to arrive. Overall quite good at a low price."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of August 2009

Excellent - clean & comfortable

"Stayed 2 nights with a Priority Club award, Managed to get a huge "family room" for just 2 people for some reason. Large clean and comfortable dual aspect room, 2 double beds, sofa (bed) and coffee table with 3 chairs. Clean bathroom - not 5 star, but everything you would expect from HI Express. Breakfast good with a reasonable choice of toast, croissants, cereal, coffee, juice and fresh fruit. Staff friendly and welcoming called in the morning to request upper floor room and was allocated room 203 immediately. Only gripe, noisy bedroom doors slamming. Overall I would return."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of July 2009

Great wee overnight

Good

"Location is pretty drab, and it was cosy (with family of 4 in one room) but comfortable, clean and modern with friendly service and offered excellent value when you think how much breakfast for 4 costs!"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of July 2009

New, Clean & tidy .

Good

"Stayed for one night, New building, modern with friendly staff .. Room was clean & buffet breakfast adequate .. location just off the M5 so easy to find .. ideal base for exploring this part of the West Country .. Not close to town centre but large steak house next door with beer garden.
Bit expensive when compared to nearby travelodges (i paid £65.00 for the night) .. but perhaps cheaper out of season .."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of July 2009

good location

"stayed here for one night and probably would use again but would not rave about it to my friends.the room ws basic but clean although noise from the carpark was noticeable.didnt try breakfast .broadband worked well and overall i guess you get what you pay for"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of July 2009

Great value for money

Good

"I stayed at this hotel recently while in Taunton on business and was really impressed both with the staff and facilities on on offer. I arrived quite late at night after a very long drive and was greeted by a cheerful gentleman who quickly checked me in before helping to organise some food from a nearby takeway, which was delivered to the door. The room was very comfortable although the air conditioning didn't seem to be working and it was quite warm. Breakfast was good and again the staff very attentive."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of May 2009

Clean, modern and efficient for business trips

Good

"I've stayed at this hotel a few times over the last 18 months as I travel to Taunton on business once a month. If you are on business you want a modern clean hotel and this fits the bill. Rooms are all the same as in any other Holiday Inn express. Hotel staff are excellent and helpful when asked for something. Meals available at the Harvester pub next door. Breakfast is continental type help yourself. The only couple of negative things I can say is 1) the price - a bit steap (£80-ish) when compared to similar hotel types and also this is a bit out of Taunton so if you aren't driving it is a £10 taxi ride into Taunton, and the road into Taunton from this hotel can be quite busy in a morning so leave plenty of time if you are travelling to the town centre."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of April 2009

Perfect for one night stopover

Good

"This was the second time in a year we had used this hotel for a one night stopover on the way to see friends nearby.
Booking online was easy - cheapest if you book in advance on their own website. Checkin was quick and easy.
The room for 2 adults/2 children had a double bed and a double sofa bed. This pretty much filled the room which was fine for one night but if you were staying much longer would probably feel a bit cramped.
Bathroom was clean and modern BUT only had a shower and no bath - again fine for one night but we couldn't go much longer without a bath!!
There is a Harvester just the other side of the carpark which was perfect for dinner with the kids although very busy with slow service.
Breakfast was a perfectly adequate cold buffet of juice/cereal/friut/yogert/croissanta/rolls/toast/jams/tea etc.
Checkout was again quick and easy and I would certainly recommend this hotel for a stopover or short stay."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of April 2009

Hotels near Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25

Stayed at Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25? Share your insight.

Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25 is also called