Good for price

Reviewed Tue 31st of July 2018

"I've seen on previous reviews bad comments, so until on arrival was unsure what to expect, for a low price break it is good value, myself and kids thoroughly enjoyed it, not to much activities on site but plenty going on surrounding, the swimming pool was ace and entertainment brilliant on our stay, as for the chalet basic but clean so what I had read was a load of rubbish !, do not be put off until you try yourself is my advice :-)"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2018

FLEA BITES AND CRAP HOLIDAY

Reviewed Wed 18th of July 2018

"FLEA BITES FROM ACCOMMODATION AVOID AS YOU WILL GET THE PLAGUE

Spent 4 days here 09/07 - 13/07

Staff - USELESS
Rooms - FILTH
Site - (winson green prison has better facilities)
Food - Ive seen a crack head have a better meal out of a bin

I get you get what you pay for... it was my FIRST time with my daughter...
And 100% my last...

Ow and if I am able to add a photo... ive been riddled with flea bites which was from the room
Told staff... DIDN'T CARE!!

I WILL BE POSTING THIS ALONG WITH PHOTOS ON EVERY DIGITAL PLATFORM..

STAY AWAY!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2018

Faulty Towers needs a good inspection. Owner or Owners should be ashamed or doesn't care.

Reviewed Wed 18th of July 2018

"Very run down needs needs a good deep clean. Chalets not cleaned properly. Windows inside and out filthy. Weeds growing everywhere in drains pitch and put that overgrown you can't play. My husband sat on a bench outside the chalet it was that rotten it fell apart. He is disabled and hurt his self he fell on the floor. Staff are helpful what loyal ones they have got a staff shortage I think. The place could be nice if the owner cared. It's in a lovely place. The Sun holidays should definitely take this one off your list. We have been on going on a Sun holiday for a number of years but and never had any complaints this place wants sorting out has bad health and safety issues. Only good point the weather was fantastic.
Gina"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of June 2018

Reviewed Tue 24th of April 2018

"Had the club chalet, below average for a supposedly better room than the basic. Dread to think what the basic chalets are like. Only positive I can give is the blue coat team , brilliant entertainment for both old and young. The blues are helpful and good with the children. Blue coat Kelly was first class , she was always smiling and good with the special needs which was lovely to see involving them in the entertainments too. Credit to this blue coat . Good shows , and very hard working, hope to be back end of year "

• Travel date: Sun 19th of February 2017

Apalling

Reviewed Mon 14th of November 2016

"I have asked someone to write this on my behalf as I am currently at the site with my husband and 6-month old daughter........ Avoid like the plague. This is the most appalling, places we have ever had the misfortune to stay. Filthy dirty. Cold. Rip you off on electric charges. Queues everywhere as no staff. Can't get into facilities without booking far in advance. Many closed. Everyone around us complaining. Only here for long weekend (thank god) and told have to book to get in the pool so agreed but then told we couldn nto get in until Tuesday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Could add more but guess you get the gist of my review. "

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of October 2016

Rubbish and disgusting

Reviewed Fri 7th of October 2016

"Dirty , mold everywhere , holes in walls and doors and dampness, noisy neighbors, they banged , shouted , swore and did drugs all night and even threatened to beat me up and the staff didn't care and I'm disabled."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of October 2016

Kids had a great time.

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2016

"After reading all the reviews I was dreading it.
When we arrived. As soon as we got there the kids were shouting yay Pontins Pontins Pontins.
From that I thought Oh my gosh! Pontins please don't let us down. We arrived in our apartment and thought wow. Better than expected. It is what it is. Don't go if you have no kids but if you do then this is definitely for them. My kids loved it. We had a clean apartment clean cutlery clean everything. Don't expect it to be sparkling as you are not paying for the Hilton but it's as good as I hoped it would be. My kids are nearly 2 and nearly 4 and they loved every minute of it. I asked my eldest what did you think of Pontins he said it was good. What did you like the most about Pontins he said everything it was just good. The pool is good for young ones but don't expect a big water park asylum not paying for it. Everything is standard but in a kids eyes it's the great unless you make them think different. If your thinking of going then go and have a great time. It's what you make of your time there. We're going back soon as the kids have already asked when we're going back. We only just left Monday the 19th. And I'm writing this review on the 20th. Thanks Pontins the kids loves you"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of September 2016

Not too bad

Reviewed Wed 21st of September 2016

"Accommodation was really good. Must have had a refurbish. Everything new and clean. Security light outside was very annoying as it stayed on all night. Holiday was spoil by some guest/chavs in our section who thought it okay to sit outside all night drinking shouting and playing music. Didn't get a lot of sleep. They need more security for car park 2. Had to buy electric and they only sold £5 tokens and not the small amount which was advertised. Lots of rubbish in the park but that's down to the guests. Not much to do in park itself but had the Leisure park next door which was brilliant. Entertainment was ok but too much chat and very loud. Not too impressed with the pool. It didn't feel very clean and too crowded. All in all we had a good break and the weather was fab. My Granddaughter really enjoyed it. "

• Travel date: Sat 10th of September 2016

Not half as bad as what I was expecting

Reviewed Tue 30th of August 2016

"i wasn't expecting much after reading the reviews after we'd booked. Yes the accommodation is dated but when we arrived it was clean with a fresh smell. Found all the staff we encountered to be lovely. Lifeguards are fabulous after seeing one spring into action to help a struggling girl. I have high standards, this was our cheap and cheerful holiday and it didn't let us down."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of August 2016

OMG !!!

Reviewed Tue 9th of August 2016

"On arrival and moving in to club class if they can really call it that as my shed is bigger , the rooms dirty and curtains not fitted properly and condition overall doesn't deserve a rating .
There we're dirty plates and cutlery in the food hall that you were meant to use for dinner and then it was appalling . We have now gone out everyday just to survive as we all have had upset tummies . As complaining goes the staff just give you vouchers to make you feel better but as I said to them it's not about the freebies it's about the lies and mis-selling they do to get you to this place and the amount you pay only to be told that if you leave early they will not be able to sort anything out for a couple of weeks .i have been very down and wanting to leave on the first day but didn't want to ruin it for the children .
Pontins please do something to change the way the park operates and deals with the everyday problems as I really do not think you will be able to continue ripping people off. "

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2016

Absolutely Disgusting

Reviewed Tue 16th of August 2016

"We arrived to find someone else in our allocated chalet, went to reception and was told that person would have to move, you had to have the chalet allocated, they did not move,we got put in another chalet, it was filthy the cutlery and crockery had to be washed before we could use them. It was infested with red ants. The outside of the site was being painted with bright yellow and blue paint they did not put wet paint signs up so on entering the site chippie we had yellow paint on our shoes the children had blue paint on clothes. There was nothing for the children to do most days, swimming pool closed due to chlorine levels, we never saw any of the characters they advertised. We complained to reception almost daily but nothing was resolved, we returned home and sent an email stating our complaints but to this day have been ignored. Never ever again will we go to any Pontins sites."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of August 2016

Stuck in the 70 's!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 10th of August 2016

"Absolutely disgusting!! From the chalets to the staff!!!! Arrived to out apartment/beds it to a foul sewage smell, then to be greeted by dirt, cobwebs, mold and pubic hair on the fridge. Don't think it has been updated since the 70's . All areas of the whole place are filthy.... And as for the night manager "jay" what a joke. A 5yr old makes more sense than him. His IQ is well below average,hence the state of the whole place including staff!!! A rip off holiday that everyone should avoid , save your money and go abroad...it actually would cost less ! This is the worst place to holiday ever!!! "

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2016

Hotels near Pontins Brean Sands Holiday Park

Top traveller tips for Pontins Brean Sands Holiday Park

• Fluff123 by Fluff123

"The Seagull Inn, Brean Sands Leisure Park "

• hannigansarah by hannigansarah

"Loved Longleat and Weston Super Mare "

• WayneJohn1 by WayneJohn1

"try the ocean bar opposite pontins lovely sight and food excellent "

• silverlady by silverlady

"Go to Wookey Hole and the Cheddar Gorge caves.For a bit of shooping, go into Weston super "

• leen by leen

"the seagull did lovely food "

• sueandgary by sueandgary

"Nice beach nearby, advice is to take a wind-break as is very windy. "

• dissappointed by dissappointed

"Cheddar Gorge ism wonderful. "

• neanie by neanie

"Never go to pontins brean sands "

• Teresa2009 by Teresa2009

"Ocean Cafe at Lazy Day holiday Park. And wookey Hole. "

• Teresa L by Teresa L

"Cheddar, Minehead & a trip to Bristol Zoo is worth it. "

• ange m by ange m

"lovely just dont stay at pontins "

• welshJeff by welshJeff

"Beautiful area and friendly people. "

• welshJeff by welshJeff

"Wookey hole was a great day out. "

• Victoria is upset by Victoria is upset

"Somerset is beautifull, just dont stay in Pontins "

• Victoria is upset by Victoria is upset

"On our way home, we went to Wookey Hole, definatley the highlight. "

• nessybabe by nessybabe

"Longleat is great to escape to for the whole family "

• ScouseGirl by ScouseGirl

"Tuckers restaurant at Cheddar Gorge and The Place opposite Pontins were great "

• cornishgal by cornishgal

"Burrington Inn Nr Blagdon beautiful restaurant gorgeous food and friendly staff kids welcomed. "

• Hello Campas by Hello Campas

"When you see the sign for Pontins in Brean just KEEP ON DRIVING "

• Jonaline106 by Jonaline106

"Somerset offers a lot for families but be prepare to pay. "