Premier Inn Oxford Cowley exterior

Good
2087 reviews
Good

Great hotel, friendly staff, good price, no air con though

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"I go away every year with a group of girls, so we had 2 rooms booked. We found it really easy, it was in an industrial kind of estate. Check in was fantastic, all very quick and helpful. Rooms were really nice, everything you could want really, and very clean It has a Beefeater attached to it, so handy for drinks etc.. The bus stop going into town was about a 10 min walk away The thing i would say is that it has no air con and it waas awful, we could'nt open the windows either. But saying that i complained and we all got a nights stay refunded which was great. The breakfast was excellent, alot nicer than some i have had in 5 star places.... Overall a lovely place, just beware of the heat in the rooms!"

• Travel date: 10th July 2009

Great value

Reviewed 24th February 2013

"Short stop over, visited the city while we were there. Great value no fancy thrills, breakfast, keep you going all day."

• Travel date: 3rd June 2009

Good budget hotel

Reviewed 26th February 2013

"Chose this hotel based on the exhorbitant price some of the more central hotels were charging and the fact we needed easy parking. Room was clean and spacious - shower could have been more powerful but it did the job! The bus into the town centre was easy and convenient although the walk back from Between Town Roads seemed a lot longer on the way back after we have spent all day sightseeing and shopping. As we stayed on a Sunday/Bank holiday none of the buses went as far as the hotel - as it is in the middle of a business park I presume buses work to business hours. After having lunch in the town, for convenience we decided to have dinner in the Beefeater next door which was better than expected - it wasn't haute cuisine but we weren't expecting that as from earlier reviews we were expecting it to be terrible. Breakfast was also served in the Beefeater and there was plenty of choice and good - apart too many children running around under your feet. There is also a large retail park near the hotel which unfortunately we didn't get time to stop at."

• Travel date: 27th May 2009

Very Good basic budget hotel

Reviewed 10th February 2013

"this is a nice basic hotel, went for business so ate at the beefater, very clean hotel and thebeefater was lnot bad too. about £10 taxi ride from the city centre. i t was a ery good budget hote"

• Travel date: 12th January 2009

Great value and location more convenient than you'd think

Reviewed 23rd January 2013

"I booked this hotel for an overnight visit to Oxford, where I lived for many years. I know quite a few of the more central hotels in Oxford and am astounded at the extortionate prices they now see fit to charge. Believe me, no hotel room in Oxford is worth £140-£200 per night and what is more astounding is that there is no concession for a single guest. So, the Premier Inn it was - a bargain in comparison at £64 per night - and with free parking! I must admit, I had my doubts. It's in the middle of a business park right next to the ring road and a couple of miles out of Oxford. As a single female traveller, I was also slightly worried that I would feel threatened getting back to the hotel late at night on my own. So why a four star review? Well, here are my reasons: clean, spacious rooms and comfortable beds for a start. And a clean if basic bathroom. Despite being seemingly isolated in office-block hell, it's a five minute walk to the most frequent bus route into Oxford city centre (just past The Original Swan pub), so transport is quick, cheap and easy. There is also a bus stop immediately opposite the hotel but the route is less frequent and I don't think it runs at night - but it's worth checking. There's also a cashpoint at the garage just up the road if you need it. The trip back from town late at night was also fine. The route back to the hotel is well lit and there was plenty of traffic, so I did not feel at risk. Some traffic noise could be heard from the room, but it wasn't so intrusive that it disturbed me. The only downside to my whole stay was being woken at 3:30am by a bunch of ignorant men who thought that it was appropriate to continue their pub conversation in the car park - it's a big open space and sound carries. Closing the window shut out most of the noise but this would have been more irritiating if it had been a hotter night. Next time I stay, I will request a room at the back of the hotel rather than the front. There were a couple of things that are confusing and slightly inconvenient that are worth mentioning. The hotel is accommodated in about three different buildings, and because I hadn't spotted one of them when I arrived, I was a bit confused by the directions out of reception. If you are arriving by car, pull up in the check in area and leave your bags until you know which bit you're in, then park accordingly, it'll make life easier. Also - I was rather annoyed when my newspaper didn't arrive at the door in the morning. It turns out that they get "stolen" (presumably by other guests) at the weekend, so they are kept in reception for you to collect. The receptionist on duty when I checked in had forgotten to tell me, so I didn't know until I went to complain when I checked out. Aside from that, I was happy with my stay and would definitely stay again, as it's a cheap, convenient solution to counter the money-grabbing ploys of the so-called "luxury" hotels and B&Bs in the rest of the city."

• Travel date: 20th July 2008

Perfect for budget orientated travellers in Oxford....

Reviewed 26th January 2013

"My Wife and I stayed at the Oxford Premier Inn for 2 nights this past weekend (Fri & Sat). We paid £64 a night for a double room. I had completed a fair amount of homework on this property prior to our stay due to concerns about the location about 3 miles outside Oxford city centre. The main reason for the trip was to visit the city, and without being city centre based I wanted to ensure that there was transportation available. A very kind TA forum poster indicated that a short walk to Between Town Roads would ensure buses a plenty and they were spot on. If you turn right out of the Premier Inn car park and walk past the Obelisk towards the city (Garsington Road) you will eventually come to the Original Swan Pub. Just cross the road (which is actually Between Town Roads) and there is a bus stop to the city centre. There are stops before you get here, but for overall choice of a number of services this would be your best bet. We mainly caught the number 1 service, but the 10 and 12 (I think) also went along the same route up Cowley Road and into the city centre. Perfect. Cost for a 24hr ticket was just £3.30, so that saves a lot of money compared to taxis in and out for day and evening visits. The hotel itself is standard Premier Inn with a huge car park attached alongside a Beefeater. We arrived early but were fortunate enough to be able to check in early. Staff were very accomodating all weekend to be honest. Rooms tended to be a little larger than I have experienced in other Premier Inn's which was a nice surprise. The bed was nice and firm, and there was plenty of space for storage. The bathroom was spotlessly clean, my only slight complaint was that the shower was no way near as strong as some of the other showers I have had at Premier Inn's in the past but that is a small issue. Another small issue would be the temperature inside the room. It was early June, and it was warm in Oxford although not ridiculously hot, but the room felt very stuffy. The hotel does provide fans (ours was missing, so I had to get another) but it could be an issue for some people in the really hot months. Overall though, very happy with the room. It is testimony to how good the breakfast was in the attached Beefeater (actually Premier Inn staff for breakfast) that we decided to pay the slightly expensive £7.50pp both mornings for what I can only describe as a perfect hot buffet breakfast. The food was so fresh, excellent quality and very tasty. There was plenty of choice of hot food, bakery items, cereals, juices and yoghurts. It really was faultless, so well done Premier Inn. Now to the attached Beefeater. There is obviously a lot of choice for food options in Oxford city centre but as we were heading to city for a night out in the pubs, we thought we'd use the convenience of the Beefeater and have an early tea in there. Prior to 6.30pm weekdays there is a special deal on 1, 2 or 3 courses which was good value. The food is never going to win any awards, but for reasonably tasty pub grub it did the trick and we certainly didn't have any such issues as the previous poster did and found it relatively cheap (£20 all in for 2 people incl drinks). Service was very slightly on the slow side, but it was busy. Oxford itself is a lovely city and well worth a visit. There is plenty to do during the day from punting along the river, seeing the University buildings, going up Carfax Tower or seeing the relatively new attraction Unlocked at Oxford Castle. In the evening there are many pubs, bars and restaurants to keep most people happy. For convenience I would always prefer to stay in the centre of a city, but with transportation links as good as they have in Oxford, the Premier Inn really is just a short 10-15min journey into the heart of Oxford and would be my first choice for a return visit in years to come."

• Travel date: 11th June 2008

Hotel great but avoid the Beefeater for evening meal!

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"We stayed for 2 nights over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend and really enjoyed our stay. You get what you expect here, a basic room which is clean but thats all we needed for our 2 night break. It was perfect. Not too far from Oxford. Breakfast next door was one of the best I've had however don't touch the Beefeater with a barge pole if you're after a good meal. I've never eaten at a Beefeater before and won't be again. The food was dry, overcooked and overpriced. It may be conveniently located but look elsewhere. Would definately stay at this Premier Travel Inn again though."

• Travel date: 11th April 2007

Not bad

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"I stayed here with a friend for one night in a twin room. The staff were very pleasant and the room about average for a travel inn. There were only two problems during our stay. Firstly, the taxi they ordered us didn't arrive, and we were sat waiting for half an hour (not, the hotels fault though, I know). Secondly, the heating didn't work in the room, and it was quite cold that night! But other than that, it was acceptable. It cost about 8 pounds by taxi from the train station. I'd stay here again if I was visiting oxford."

• Travel date: 3rd February 2007

Not a bad hotel at all

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"My husband 3 children and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights from September 29th so as to attend a wedding. I had to book 2 rooms as this hotels policy is 4 persons to any one room (which is a bit of a shame as quite a few families have 5 but, fair enough). I had the opportunity of veiwing one of these rooms 5 weeks prior to booking as i happed to be in oxford. i wasn't dissapointed, but when i returned home and read some of the comments that travelers had left on trip advisor, i was more than a little concerned. We arrived later than expected due to traffiic, and telephoned the receptionist several times to update them with our traffic situation. They were very polite and understanding. When we did finally arrive which was about 7.45pm, there was absolutley no problem checking in. The receptionist explained everything i needed to know, and told me exactly where i needed to go to find my room, and the transaction for payment went very smoothly. The hotel and the rooms were very clean and well presented. The beds were very comfortable and tea and coffee making facilities were available. The windows opened and closed in both rooms with sliding glass for double glazed comfort and the bathrooms were clean and tidy, with complimentary towels (which were renewed everyday via maid service) shower gel, and hair dryer. The restaurant next door served breakfast and dinner until quite late and is conveniently located. All in all, a very pleased 2 nights sleep. It was a little touch and go with someone stomping on the floor above for a short while, but i think it was children and the hotel can not be blamed for that, my own children were also very excited. I settled down to a good nights sleep, after watching tv in bed, and my whole family enjoyed the weekend they stayed at this hotel. While in Oxford I had checked out other hotels that were more expensive than this one and had a look inside... after discussion, it seems that we had the cheaper and better time!"

• Travel date: 8th October 2006

stay away if you can

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"we had to book at last minute. Oxford was sold out for some reason.this was the only option. We checked in right when we had informed at the time of booking, however our information was lost in the computer and we had to check-in twice. took us over 20 mins. the room was no 2. come night and the guest above us , had gone crazy or had an animal in the room, kept walking all over the room, and the ceiling creaked all night. next night, a bunch of hooligans appeared from somewhere, and made a racket in the hallway all night. Inspite of requesting them, they kept at it. the night porter though kept giving me a watchful glance when I walked in , didnt even come around once. You can't dial reception from your phone. I tried and gave up. PTI apparently have a good night guarantee, where in if you'rent happy ,they refund your money. but, Inspite of compaining and filling out a web feedback form nobody even bothered to contact me...I've stayed in holiday inn and they are a class apart. Years of exp in hotels does matter after all."

• Travel date: 8th July 2006

Decent accomodation

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"Being born in Oxford and having lived in the States for over 20 years I was surprised to find a hotel in this location. This whole neighborhood was the British Leyland car factory when I lived there. That aside. The rooms were large and beds very comfortable however there is no air conditioning in the rooms. The windows are set back from the building so do not get much of a breeze and as there are no screens on the windows, flying and crawling bugs do get in the room. I stayed in the main building for a few nights and left to tour some of the north country. Upon my return I was placed in the "other" building. There was no direction as to what floor the room was on from the check in staff and a member of staff working in this building could not tell me. There was no map inside the building and unlike the states where the first number of your room indicates what floor you are on, this is not the case at this particular hotel, so I just had to get off the elevator on each floor until I found my room. One other thing of note, I still speak with a british accent and it wasn't until I mentioned to one of the staff that I hadn't been back in over 20 years and had become an American citizen that I was asked for my passport to check in on my second stay."

• Travel date: 12th June 2006

Clean and better than expected

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"Had to get a hotel room at short notice for a friend's wedding. Booked into the travelinn as I'd not heard any horror stories about them. I did worry that the location was a bit odd - on the outskirts of an industrial estate, but I needn't have worried. Don't think that this is 5 star luxury because is isn't. However for a night or two crashing out there's little to fault it. The only thing which I would say is that as the hotel is 'cleverly' split into two seperate buildings, about 30 metres apart from each other, there's a touch of confusion as to where your room actually is. Room was clean, I'd stay again."

• Travel date: 6th September 2004

Hotels near Premier Inn Oxford Cowley hotel

Premier Inn Oxford Cowley hotel is also called

• Premier Inn Oxford
  • premier inn oxford hotel
  • premier inn oxford hotel oxford