Village Nottingham

A lovely weekend

Reviewed 7th December 2011

"I went with my husband and two children so booked a family room which was a great size and a bargain. it was also as clean as a whistle! Breakfast was really busy but had everything we needed. the lsire facilities were amazing with a huge pool, my children just loved it. My treat was having the Starbucks in reception & some good shops across the road :)"

• Travel date: 7th December 2011

nice but noisy

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"Stayed here as a base for visit to Alton towers, we were aware of the distance to our location but wanted to do other things. The hotel was nice clean and ideal for what we wanted. However on the Saturday night the hotel became very noisy with a party of young local football stars (around 12 years old) now don’t get me wrong I don’t want to stop anyone - especially kids from having fun, but there was no were to relax in the hotel after a hard day in the park. There was no - no smoking area and the local (the bar area) gets very busy and rowdy. The room was pleasant bright and comfortable shower/bath good. However this is the second and last Village hotel I will stay in due to the night time noise. Sure people are around late in hotels especially when there have been functions on, but the Village seem so noisy day and night there is noise from the lifts, the room above and below. I don’t think this is expectable for a newly built hotel. I have stayed at airport hotels and old hotels but never had noise like I have had in Village Hotels. We also had a problem at breakfast, arriving at 8:30 not getting served for 20 minuets, when our server asked us what drinks we wanted they never came we had started our meal asked for the drinks a further twice after this I gave up and went back to my bedroom made the drinks and brought them down to the restaurant. We did complain about this as there were 6 staff on duty and only around 8 people to be served. We got a letter saying the staff had been changed. The pool/ leisure facility was excellent The hotel is clean and welcoming ideal for stag / hen weekends away Good for families Just not right for me. All the best Jim"

• Travel date: 24th October 2006

looked ok but never stayed!

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"I booked the hotel to stay as I was going to Donnington race track the following day with my son. I called the hotel direct, got put through to reservations and all seemed ok. When I arrived the hotel looked ok but location wasnt great, it was in the middle of a retail park with the likes of Hlafords and there were signs all over the carpark by the local police syaing theifs operate in this area, do not l;eave valuables in the car. I think this was backed up even more as I entered the hotel to notice a couple of secuity guards who looked like bouncers from a night club wandering around. When i checked in I was informed that breakfast on a Sunday wasnt served until 8am. When I asked if I could have it earlier the replay was, only a muffin to take away. When i said that was late and I needed to be out, the manager told me that they found no one really gets up early on a Sunday so they dont bother. Anyway, I checked in to my room which seemed nice and took my son for a swim only to be told no children after 7PM. It was 6.50 so I asked if we could go in and have just a little longer as he has been waiting all day for the swim. The chap behind th desk said yes but I could only have 10 minutes and then i would have to leave. When I asked why wasnt I informed about time constraints in using a swimming pool in a hotel, he told me he didnt know and there was nothing he could do. I went but to reception to ask about this where the manager said that they were the rules and that was that and it wasnt there fault as all booking are done by a central reservation team who they had no control over. I then said I wouldnt be staying and left where the manager really didnt seem to care that she had lost some business. So overall, I wouldnt stay there, service was quite poor, they really didnt care, hotel rooms looked nice, not a good location and beware of potential theifs! PS. I then manage to get booked at the Crown Plaza about 15 minutes away, this time the staff held the pool open for another 1/2 hour espically for us, the rooms were nice, breakfast was at 7 even though it was quite and the staff couldnt be more helpful, a lot better! Well done the Plaza!!!"

• Travel date: 19th August 2006

Good base for a weekend

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"We stayed at The Village mid January 2006. The hotel is about 8 miles west from the City Centre, which suited us because we wanted a quiet location. We had a courteous and efficient check-in, we had pre-paid our stay on the Internet and it was nice not also to be asked for credit card details on check-in. We had a double non -smoking room which was comfortable and clean with a selection of drinks and biccies! We ate out, so can't comment on the evening meal. Breakfast the next day was fine with the usual self-serve selection of fruits, cereals or hot meal. We then took advantage of the pool,jacusi, sauna complex which was lovely, if quite busy with families on a Sunday morning. A pleasant and relaxed stay, even if the bedroom walls are on the thin side!"

• Travel date: 29th January 2006

Fantastic

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"I love this hotel, i always do my shopping in Nottingham with my mum and she booked this hotel as it had the leisure facilities. We were not let down... i have stayed at The Royal hotel, The Moat house, park plaza, Gateway, Dakota and none compare, free parking, free leisure and loads of places to eat. The hotel is very clean with friendly staff, the buffet breakfast was great and across the road was a Next clearance shop, Matalan and TK Maxx what more do you need... apart from a massage at the end of the day and a dip in the pool!! Village all the way"

• Travel date: 20th November 2005

staff great, rooms very noisy and had to be moved 4 times!!

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"rooms are so noisy....... we were dissapointed that after requesting a quiet room we were put directly over a door where laundry was collected between 6 and 7am!! so much noise from trolleys, lorries, doors slamming, noisy neighbours we had enough.... moved to another room promised to be quiet but again so so noisy! shouting and traffic noise. Moved again and had the neighbours from hell who kept slamming doors and laughing until 4am!! By this time we were more than upset. The guy on reception was lovely and moved us to a large quiet room AT LAST!! The whole experience however completely ruined our stay there. It was our 5th time there and had always loved it before but this last stay has totally ruined it and we will not be back again... NO way!"

• Travel date: 29th October 2005

My favourite hotel!

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"I love this hotel. It is not the most luxurious place ever but it is bright, clean, pleasant and has plenty of nice places to relax in the lounge. Rooms are smallish but cheerifully decorated. Staff are exceptionally friendly. It is like a home from home. Leisure centre is nice and relaxing.. good for both adults and children. Not centrally located but the hotel itself is great for it's category as a tourist hotel. Also not very scenic outside of hotel - across the road from a shopping centre and McDonalds and on major road. My first experience of English hospitality was in the Nottingham Hilton - will never go back there. The Village Hotel saved our trip. I will seek out this chain when returning to the UK. 10/10. Bar staff were very friendly too as we stayed up into the wee hours.."

• Travel date: 14th August 2005

Happy memories

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"We first stayed at this hotel in september 2000, then again in March 2001 and again in 2004/5. The staff are friendly, helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them, the rooms are bright, airy (with clean windows) smell fresh, clean, and quite spacious. satelite tv that actually works and a kettle with a complimentary tray of tea, coffee, horlicks, chocolate and even buscuits. The furtniture is modern and intact. The bathroom is clean, modern, well lit, spacious, and again an array of complimentary soaps and gels and clean fresh towels. Downstairs they have the most excellent bar serving hot snacks and fine beer, and again the bar staff are friendly and efficient. The gym and swimming pool facilities are magnificent. The breakfasts are good, with a lovely restaurant, and again excellent service. Unable to fault this hotel at all, it is an absolute pleasure to stay there, and I have yet to stay at a hotel that matches its customer care, cleanliness and facilities. Ten out of ten."

• Travel date: 28th July 2005

Convenient

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Village hotels across the UK are of a high standard, and this one is no exception. As with all of them, customers can choose from eating and drinking from a bar, restaurant or cafe; can attend a modern gym, and 25 metre pool; and can have a facial or a manicure from a beauty therapist. All this for exceptional value. I would recommend this hotel, and other Village hotels too."

• Travel date: 24th June 2005

Fab health club

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"Location - handy for M-way but as it is on the edge of a smallish shopping outlet centre, not charming Appearance - fine from outside, and smart public areas. Roomy, bright and modern with what appeared to be good value food options. Health Club - huge pool in attractive surroundings. V appealing, if (understandably) dominated by kids. Staff - fine. Efficient front desk. Bedroom - good size. Functional and well equipped if lacking style. VERY thin walls - next door were not rowdy but when they woke us in the morning it was as tho they were at the end of the bed ! Would recommend requesting a room WITHOUT interconnecting door for sure. Breakfast - not so good. Somewhat disorganised and altho options for continental were a little better than minimal, they werent extensive and werent replenished frequently enough to look fresh. Overall - no complaints. We left adequately fed and watered but not bursting to rush back...those walls WERE thin !!!"

• Travel date: 30th December 2004

Excellent - Would love to return!!!

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"I couldnt fault my stay at this wonderful hotel!!! The staff were friendly and super helpful. I ate in Salingers restaurant which was very chic and contemporary - the food was beautifully presented and very tasty especially the belgian waffles! The pool is HUGE and my girlfriend and I had a lovely morning using the extensive leisure facilities. The free carparking was a bonus too - would love to stay again when we next visit the midlands!!"

• Travel date: 15th July 2004

Hotels near Village Hotel Nottingham

Top traveller tips for Village Hotel Nottingham

• by G

"Book a family room anyway as its nice and big"

Village Hotel Nottingham is also called

• Village Leisure Club Hotel
  • village hotel leisure nottingham
  • hotel nottingham village