Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Chapel Bar) Hotel

Bedroom

Clean well located hotel

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"I liked this hotel a lot. It's centrally located, right in the middle of the shops and eating places in the city centre, yet my room was very quiet - didn't hear a sound. The security was excellent - important for a woman staying alone - and the room was large and clean. The bathroom was very clean with a powerful shower. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, too, with a good choice of rolls, cheese, fruit, pastries etc. Staff were mostly helpful, though i didn't see a lot of them. Overall an excellent place to stay. I particularly liked being able to find good eating places literally right outside the hotel door."

• Travel date: 25th August 2007

Nice hotel, not near Sherwood Forest!

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"Being a total geography ignoramus, I booked this hotel thinking it was near to Sherwood Forest (We were going to the Robin Hood Festival) What a fool - it was actually 20 miles away. Never mind - the Express By Holiday Inn was a lovely place to stay. Very clean, friendly staff and a well equipped bedroom. Also the kids loved the see through lift. Breakfast, as I'm sure other reviewers will have said, is along the lines of toast (you've got to toast it yourself!!!) croissants, yogurts, cereal etc. That was fine by us - it was all very tasty. However, they really do pack those tables in, and you've got to shift your own stuff onto trays at the end. I would stay here again, but not for the festival....."

• Travel date: 4th August 2007

lovely

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"This hotel is in a great location with bars, restaurant, shisha bar, broadmarsh shopping centre, bowlng and ice rink around the corner from it. Parking is at the euro car park which is £8 for 24 hours and is down the street from the hotel. The room was spacious and clean with a huge shower and comfortable bed, it was really nice, not at all like a 2 star hotel. It is in a great location with a great atmosphere and is a nice place to stay for a night or two."

• Travel date: 19th April 2007

Good and bad

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"I stayed here for 4 consecutive working weeks in January 2007. Location is good. Breakfast is continental but good considering. Showers are good and controllable. Rooms are pleasant enough. Windows don't open. In some rooms especially on the 4th floor the air conditioning machinery makes a racket even if it's not on in your room. There is internet access but this is ridiculously expensive (£60 per week). Some rooms (103 and 327) don't have mattress covers so you may not sleep well, like I didn't. They didn't have a spare cover so I had to change rooms. On the fourth week I had booked in the first 2 days myself on arrival and work booked the remainder of the week the next day due to a mix up. Presumably, because of this the thought I should have checked out on Tuesday, and when I returned I found I had been bin-bagged and my case tipped upside down? My ironed shirt that was hanging on a coat hanger has crumpled in a bin bag and my coat hangers were gone? The hotel offered to iron my shirt and replaced my coat hangers with others they found from somewhere in order that I could carry my suit home. Still in Nottingham next month but staying elsewhere."

• Travel date: 31st January 2007

Great location in city centre

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"This hotel is relatively new and right in Nottingham centre. Rooms are good with a large double bed to which we collapsed inti after our sons 21 st! The breakfast is standard HI Express contintental but well presented when we were there (but could be a bit cramped at busy times. Got a good rate which made it good value for money) Only caveat is that you need to use a NCP park which is 5 mins walk away and not particularly pleasant."

• Travel date: 29th December 2006

Completely without character

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"Totally standard, heartless business hotel. Staff friendly enough when available. Rooms smallish but clean - impossible to open the window which I know isn't that unusual in modern hotels but just adds to the sense of enclosure. As one reviewer put it perfectly: airless. I stayed one night and changed to a different hotel for my following week-long business trip because I just couldn't imagine being trapped in this soulless little place for four nights... Must admit that it has a really good lively central location."

• Travel date: 29th July 2006

mediocre airless hotel

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Following other positive reviews we booked to stay at this hotel in May 2006. The hotel failed miserably to live up to our expectations. The staff were both surly and disinterested. The room was stuffy with windows that did not open and poor and ineffective air conditioning. The hotel continuously smelt as if it has been sprayed by some cheap furniture spray, the beds were unbelievably soft, the sheets had holes and the breakfast was poor value – with coffee tasting like dishwater. The best thing that could be said about this Holiday Inn is that It was clean and centrally situated"

• Travel date: 30th May 2006

Good location but not worth the money

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"I paid £85 for a night at the Express Holiday Inn City Centre in Nottingham. I find that hotel to have a general stingy attitude towards service. In most hotels they give you complimentary toiletries, here you get a note saying that if you need anything, to ask for it at reception... (here's a money saving tip for other hotels) The location of this hotel is priviledged, right on the city centre and the rooms are fairly well furnished but I think the money is too much for a 3 start hotel in Nottingham which is a fairly small town. Another good point is that the room has wireless internet connection. The breakfast selection was poor so overall, I think this hotel was overpriced. If you can get that room for less than £60 per night, you should go for it but I wouldn't pay any more because I don't think it to be worth it. I have read some fantastice reviews of this hotel that rate it number one in Nottingham and after having been there, I feel that maybe those review have been written by themselves as it is a bit of a coincidence that Holiday Inn in Devon also rates number one... Either that or the people that wrote them don't know any better."

• Travel date: 30th April 2006

Great value for money in city centre location

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"This hotel is centrally situated in Nottingham with an NCP opposite (50% discount if you have your parking ticket validated at the reception desk). My room was clean and a good size. Skipped breakfast so can't comment on that, but it looked the usual self-service fare. Basically, you can't go wrong with this great budget option."

• Travel date: 9th March 2006

Perfect for central budget stay

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed here on valentines night. We picked it for two reasons. One - because it is a stones throw from the Royal concert Hall where we were seeing a show the same evening. Two - we needed to keep costs down. We were very impressed on all accounts. By booking in advance we got a double room with complimentary buffet breakfast for just £57 for the two of us. The rooms are basic but spotless. The staff were very polite. The location was perfect for shopping and the concert hall. The breakfast is basic and self service but perfectly adequate. Holiday Inn express Notingham has managed to keep costs down on the little extras that don't matter when you are on a budget, and still keep standards high for hygiene, security and service. If this holds true throughout the chain I will be using them again for sure!"

• Travel date: 23rd February 2006

Attractive, clean and quiet

Reviewed 11th October 2012

"Stayed here for two nights last weekend 15/16 Oct 2005. Our room was attractive, clean and quiet at night which surprised us given some of the residents! Complimentary cont breakfast was varied and plentiful. A good place to stay for a few nights. Other Express by HOliday Inns have also been very satisfactory in the past."

• Travel date: 20th October 2005

Excellent value for money

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"We stayed here earlier this year for the re-scheduled Elton John Gig which should have happened in December 04 but was cancelled. You can read my review of the Comfort Inn which we had the misfortune to stay in when we were in Nottingham in December. This time we decided to try the Holiday Express having used other hotel in in their chain. There is a big car park across the road and you can get discounted parking via holiday Inn. Check inn was efficient and we went up to our room. It was clean,light and airy and in standard Holiday Inn Express corporate trim. Everything nice,clean, comfortable and functional. What more can i say?. Buffet breakfast was served in the pleasant and comfortable ground floor dining area. Really,there is no need to go anywhere else!"

• Travel date: 10th October 2005

Hotels near Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Chapel Bar) Hotel

Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Chapel Bar) Hotel is also called

• Holiday Inn Express Nottingham City Centre
  • holiday inn nottingham
  • holiday inn express nottingham