About Mour Hotel

• baggage storage
  • breakfast in the room
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • dutch amenities

Good

Our wedding evening.......perfect setting

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"What an absolutely breathtaking hotel. It is so chic and sexy, but has a sense of calm about the place.

I would have liked to sample the evening restaurant, however, we were only staying there for our wedding evening and having our reception elsewhere.

Its so beautiful and made us feel very special.

We met the hotel owner after breakfast, who kindly let us into our room because the key wouldnt work. What a nice gentleman.

The only downside is that we did not have the bottle of champagne delivered to our room, as promised for when we arrived back from our evening reception, however we only had to mention it at reception and the lady on reception was quick to deduct the amount from our bill.

A fantastic place, highly recommended for couples who fancy a night of pure luxury!"

• Travel date: Wed 9th of September 2009

Surprise night away - FANTASTIC !!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Well well, where do i start, Dakota was absolutely amazing, from pulling up in the car park to entering the lobby ....a jaw dropping WOW !! The frontage is of a comtempory design of pure elegance and then you enter the lobby................and again "WOW" u forget staff are waiting to check you in as you open jawed look around the space with its brick walls, brown and black accessories. Neutral. calm, quiet comfy seating areas. also offer comfort. STAFF WERE ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL AND FRIENDLY !

The setting at Dakota gives a feeling of calm, moody lighting and sophistication as you walk down the corridors to your room which u entre to discover a standard to room that would not be out of place in Dubai. In fact the whole experience is not very different to our stays in numerous hotels in Dubai over the last 6 years, so have a lot of hotels to compare it too!!

Dakota offers great food and cocktails (try the raspberry creme brulee... to die for !) all of good portions and of a great standard, so was the breakfast unlimited cold buffet of cereal, yogurts, danishes and hot breakfast made to order...just the ticket!

For us the whole experience was definately of DUBAI standard, Dakota would not look out of place in the Dubai hotel market and would attract a high standard of clientele. Just imagine Dakota - beach/spa resort in Dubai (sounds good !!).......we would definitely be there for a stay. Have already recommended the hotel to family and friends since our visit.

Thank you Dakota for giving us our first Dubai hotel standard experience in the UK.

D&M"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

Industrial Chic

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"This is an excellent hotel with a restuarant to match.

The style of the hotel is that of Industrial Chic. Bare brick walls and black painted open air conditioning in the public areas are the norm. The rooms can seem a little dark, but they are superbly appointed with a decent leather armchair, bed with very high quality linen, and a decent flat screen television. Wired Internet access is available at £5 per day (at time of writing).

In addition, there is a small gym with very high quality equipment available for use.

The menu in the restuarant may seem to be short, however this does mean that the food is freshly cooked and to a very high standard. I would say that the steak and chips is the best that I have had this side of Paris....

Whole-heartedly recommended (which if you see other reviews that I write, doesn't often occur...)"

• Travel date: Mon 31st of August 2009

Luxury accomodation, excellent food & fantastic service- a treat!

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"I won a night at the Dakota through a radio competition and as chose a date for our stay that was close to our anniversary. The photos on the website are quite spectacular so we had high hopes for this hotel. We were not disappointed!

First impressions were very good indeed- a modern and impressive building. Walking into the hotel we were greeted by contemporary, classy decor and furnishings. Beautiful fresh flowers were on the grand stone-looking reception and you had a sense of grandeur when looking up at the very high ceilings. In a nutshell, it looked clean, welcoming and expensive! Very suprised to learn that room prices start at £69 per night!

The receptionist was, like all the staff, extremely welcoming and helpful. I was also very impressed by how smart all of the staff looked in their uniforms, which added to the feeling that you were at a luxury hotel. We paid to upgrade to a larger room with king size bed- well worth it if your partner is tall and well built! The lift took us to our room- 503- and every inch of the journey was as spotless and beautifully presented as the reception area. The room was simply stunning- modern, clean and very impressive. The bottled mineral water and fresh apples were a nice touch and a recessed flat screen tv was mounted on the wall facing the bed. The bathroom was equally magnificent and again impeccably clean. Walk in shower with large rain-style shower head and lovely toiletries.

Dinner was absolutely superb. We had soup and chicken liver parfait for starters, duck breast and fillet steak for mains and melting chocolate fondant with ice cream for dessert. Divine, utterly and totally divine! Reasonably priced and every bit as good as the very highly priced gourmet restaurants we may venture to only on special occasions. Starters were £4.50 and £5 and mains were £16 for the duck and £19.50 for the steak. Puds were about £5.50. My small glass of Rioja was only £3.75 and served at the perfect temperature.

Breakfast was £9 for fresh fruits, pastries and cereals etc and £11 for anything hot. We both opted for a full cooked breakfast, which came with bacon, sausage, black pudding, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and your choice of egg. Nothing greasy about this fry-up! Again, it was all delicious and tasted as though high quality ingredients were used. The staff were, as with dinner, fantastic. So polite and helpful!

We had a wonderful time and cannot find a single bad thing to say about our stay at the Dakota, not one single fault! We didn't have time to use the gym as we only had one night at the hotel but we had a peek and whilst it was compact it was more than adequate. Had there been a pool etc we may have checked in sooner to take full advantage of the facilities, but this is not in any way a criticism. It was very easy to find from the M1 and there are road signs from the motorway exit roundabout for those without a sat nav. You can't miss it. So don't!"

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of August 2009

NOTTINGHAM'S MOST STYLISH AND ELEGANT HOTEL

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Firstly, this hotel looks absolutely fantastic - I have stayed in the majority of Nottingham's "better" hotel's and this is by far and away the most impressive. The ambience is particularly effective and eloquent with the service to match. The rooms are luxurious with a touch of class and having dinner in the restaurant is crucial. I had a really pleasing stay and would recommend to anyone. Well done!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of August 2009

£11 for a bowl of porridge!

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Rather disappointed with the food at this hotel, if there was a take away close by I would have gone. Mansfield is 7 miles away and Nottinham twenty minutes away. We checked on their website the prices of dinner and breakfast before we left and the prices and options seemed reasonable. Wasnt quite the same when we got there, the menu was limited and what they had used some very exoctic descriptions for food which was basically meat and two veg on cold plates. When it came to breakfast I have no idea how they justify £11 for a bowl of porridge. I can buy a huge bag of oats from asda for 39p and quite frnakly wouldnt know if it cost any more. Even if the milk came from some rare breed of yak that can only be found on some mountain top in Peru it still shouldnt be that price. I left without ordering. On the plus side the hotel was very smart the staff were helpful and the rooms although a bit small were quite nice."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of August 2009

Stunning as usual

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"a few years ago I stayed here on business for about 6 months and loved every minute of it, so it was interesting going back recently. Pretty much everything is still of the same high quality I expected from my first stays. The staff are still great, the food is still superb and the hotel itself is still as stunning as ever. I even managed to check into my old room and it was like coming home.

This is the hotel I set as my standard by which other hotels need to meet. So far I've not found one that even comes close!"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of June 2009

Fantastic food and a relaxed, cool hotel

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Dakota on a weekend visiting nearby - the in-laws, who had the flu, hence why staying in a hotel. We got a discounted rate, which included breakfast, on the laterooms.com website, so we were very happy with the price we paid. Checked in late Friday, and the girl checking us in let us know that we had about half an hour before the bar closed, if we wanted to have a drink or two - it was nice to have that detail. Breakfast Saturday morning and Sunday morning was excellent, with loads of choice, very fresh, tasty, and well-presented food. We had dinner in the Grill Saturday night, and it was absolutely excellent. One of the best meals we've ever had in a hotel, if not the very best! Our room was spotlessly clean, and we liked all the unique touches, such as the heated, mirrored wall in the bathroom, and the walls of re-claimed brick throughout the hotel. The hotel has a really relaxed vibe, and has a really modern, sleek decor. We had a lovely time at the Dakota, and especially enjoyed the polite, friendly staff, who were all local people. Will definitely stay again, perhaps as a base for the Peak District, etc."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of April 2009

Great Place, No Faults

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I can only comment on this Hotel as a business user and I did not stay in the rooms.
The Hotel itself is impeccable, I personally like this style of decor, but for those who are looking for old victorian charm or original features then this is not the hotel for you.
The decor is dark, but not dingey. The spaces are open and yet its not like being in a large hall!
The staff are all well presented efficient and English (which always helps!)
The food service was quick and very tasty.
The meeting rooms were in excellent condition, and all the modern amenities.
If asked to describe in one word I would use "Cosmopolitan"
I shall definitely be returning to stay with my Husband and enjoy a Martini or two in their plush lobby..
Oooo almost forgot the car park is HUGE and free... You dont see that often!"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of March 2009

Loved it ! ! ! ! unexpected.... highly recommend.

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"When my husband booked our business trip up to Nottingham, I wasn't expecting anything special. Wow! what a surprise. The entrance was stunning, although we arrived late on a Sunday evening, we didn't expect much of a welcome, but the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Very polite, professional and welcoming.

The Hotel is contemporary in style, but has a great feel to it. We are in the interior business, and appreciated all the attention to detail. Our room was gorgeous!!

Unfortunately, couldn't stay long as we were working the next day, but we will definately return (hopefully not on business)"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of January 2009

We used this hotel as a base for a weeke...

Good
Reviewed Sun 6th of August 2006

"We used this hotel as a base for a weekend wedding we attended nearby. On entrance the hotel looks big airy and modern, lots of dark wood, sofas and space in reception - the desk of which is so high a box to stand on would be useful!

Decoration is plain but looks very new. The room we had was a continuation of the hotels theme, big wooden bed and cabinets - with no wardrobe doors! Cookies on our pillows and nice sparkly bathroom and power shower.

All very nice but slightly clinical finish. Breakfast was extra and at £10 a head quite steep as it wasn't a help yourself buffet. Staff were friendly and no complaints on our stay."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of August 2006