Garden view of hotel

• fax photocopying
  • secured parking
  • pets allowed
  • newspaper
  • paid public parking on site

Fair Value

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"A pleasant one night stay. The hotel bar offered a good snack lunch and breakfast. A high level of friendly service throughout. The room whilst clean and pleasantly furnished was a little on the small side. Deluxe Garden room probably not worth the extra but overall a good place to stay."

• Travel date: 13th July 2006

Great Location, overall quality good

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"This is a cute out of the way, yet in the centre of town type niche hotel. Rooms are clinical, with not a great deal of room outside of the large bed (which is good for me as I'm 6' 3". The TV in my room was at a 90 degree angle to where I wanted to sit to watch it - which was weird, and there was no other place to put it! The room I was in was at the back of the hotel and afforded wonderful views. Not your common or garden boring city centre hotel; this has charm and makes you feel like you've found a hidden gem. a nice, small hotel with service at it's heart. The Bathroom is excellent and well stocked with "The White Company" products. You have to pay for parking, and your newspaper, which is a bit harsh. But, the bar is nice, (albeit not cheap) the staff are very friendly. Whilst in my room I asked for an iron - it arrived within moments. Nice touch. The jewel in the crown though is the food at the restaurant across the road. Quality doesn't describe it properly. Try also the sister country house hotel and restaurant - Hambleton Hall - in Rutland for a fabulous experience."

• Travel date: 11th July 2006

Great service, but very money grabbing

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"Having seen a review by someone who also held their wedding reception at Hart's, I felt compelled to write and echo their concerns. We did not get married there - just had the wedding breakfast in the upstairs restaurant. The food and service was brilliant and the staff were friendly (with the exception of stony-faced receptionist - more on that later), but I thought there were afew touches missing, especially for a couple who were getting married there. We asked if there were any special discounts/promotions that we could have as were were staying in the hotel that night and so were some of our guests. All we were offered was breakfast thrown in. (Apparently a larger double room at £130 did not include breakfast!) We could not afford a suite as out budget was tight, but there was no offer to upgrade us anyway when we booked a large double. As the other reviewer said, there were no chocs or goodwill gifts in our room either. Parking is very limited, and they even charge you £5 for the priveledge. When we checked out the next morning, we checked the bill as we were paying the combined balance of the reception costs and the accomodation. We were checking it thoroughly, and the aforementioned receptionist was huffing and puffing at why we took so long. The bill even charged us for a morning newspaper (forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't 4* hotels include newspapers as standard? I'm surprised it's even itemised!), confirming that there is absolutely no flexibility for concessions. we also had been overcharged on the amount of buffet guests per head. The receptionist curtly informed us that as the wedding co-ordinator was away she coudl not alter the bill. we had to pay it, and then waited 2 weeks for a cheque, meaning that we went on our honeymoon £150 short. If this had been an ordinary stay I would have complained in writing as soon as I had returned. As it was our wedding we couldn't be bothered to let it spoil an otherwise very happy event. Harts is a good hotel with exceptional food and generally excellent service. However there seems to be little cohesion between the hotel and the restaurant, and I think they could just make more effort to put in that personal touch for things like weddings."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2006

To die for

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"This is a wonderful hotel, everything abt it was outstanding!! Location: Located on top of Standard hill, it overlooks nottingham city! Only problem is parking, its all valet and cost £7 per day abit steep! Service: Top notch, friendly and attentive. Room: I had the garden room, you have a little garden which overlooks nottingham city, it was truly breathtaking. I wish i was there on a hot summers day and I could enjoy sitting out there have a nice glass of wine! The room is not very big, but it has a king size bed!! lovely.... The bathroom is state of the art, mirrors are heated so they dont fog up! brilliant Bath is big enough for a 6 footer. There was complimentary coffee/tea Food: Breakfast was not the greatest, very small selection but for £8 quid I wasnt complaining. Facilities: It has a restaurant which is quite crowded and needs advance booking, however didnt try it. My only regret is not staying longer and having been there on business. Nottingham itself is a lovely city and if you stay in Harts you wont regret it!"

• Travel date: 26th June 2006

wow

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"Just got back from a relaxing weekend in Nottingham staying at Hart's Hotel. It was wonderful, felt at home as soon as I arrived, staff were helpful and friendly, the rooms were immaculately clean and extremely comfortable. My only comnplaint could possibly be that the bath was too big !!!!! Also can highly recommend that anone staying takes advanage and books into the retaurant for a meal as the food and service can not be faulted"

• Travel date: 24th June 2006

A Bit Sparse

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"I'm not a fan of clutter which is why we chose Harts for a romantic weekend, but I didn't feel it lived up to the hype. We booked into a superior double, which felt really cold and clinical. The large bed was a dream and really comfy and the non-steam mirror in the bathroom was a fab idea. We had continental breakfast in bed - lovely food and absolutely masses of it (we couldn't eat it all) and the staff were nice. Our room looked out over the carpark which was dismal and the room was dark. I think they just have a bit of tweaking to do. The staff are welcoming but the rooms are not."

• Travel date: 10th December 2005

Perfect Day - Perfect Stay

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"I was lucky enough to attend a wedding at Hart's Restaurant with an evening reception in their private dining area as well as stay in the hotel. Prior to staying we knew Hart's by reputation, and from staying at Hambleton Hall which is owned by the same man, and our expectations were already high. I write because the place exceeded even our expectations and I am ashtonished by some of the negative comments on this site. The service and food were second to none,I had the best meal of my life that day. The staff's smiles were warm and genuine. The rooms are not the biggest in town and no they do not all look over the green park area. How many city centre hotels have any view at all and are quiet? This place is excellent because of the people and their attitude towards their customers. If I had the occasion to go to Nottingham again, which by the way is a fun place, I would stay nowhere else."

• Travel date: 18th October 2005

Hatrs is the Best

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"We enjoyed a 2 night weekend break at Harts - everything was terrific - the room, albeit small, was very well appointed, with lovely views and the bed one on the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The Bar is a really fun place, breakfast and light meals are served there, all of which were excellent. Next door is Harts Restaurant where we dined on one occasion and the food was superb. The overriding quality at Harts is the service, every member of staff was delightful and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. We liked Harts so much that we have booked to stay there again in November"

• Travel date: 18th October 2005

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"We stayed here after a wedding reception in the hotel. What a joy to be in a hotel that isn't filled with all the usual mass-produced, corporate hotel furniture and junk. It's an interesting building with some great views and, best of all, real character. Ok, so the bedrooms aren't massive, but they extremely comfortable, well-equipped and have a personal feel always totally absent from your standard hotel. The staff were outstandingly helpful, making it a relaxing and enjoyable pladce to stay. And the food at the wedding, at the adjacent Harts restaurant, was outstanding. A great place overall. We'd definitely stay again."

• Travel date: 17th October 2005

Classy and pricey but still not quite good enough

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"Stayed twice - first time was fine, but second time had a room with a bathroom door that wouldn't shut. Breakfast was nicely presented but limited selection, dinner in the restaurant was excellent but very pricey and we were unfortunate to be there when they had loud live music - if you like a quiet dinner check first. Unfortunately, afterwards the hotel manager sent thirty guests an email offer and didn't conceal our addresses, so now I'm getting even more spam than usual - seemed surpised that I though this was a problem, so watch out. Nice location, nice hotel, trying hard but realy don't have it right yet."

• Travel date: 16th October 2005

Highly recommended...looking forward to next stay!

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"I stayed at Hart's on 18/09/05 thanks to a well discounted rate on laterooms. I think it's a fantastic hotel – one of the very best I’ve stayed in. The staff are very friendly. We were informed upon check-in that there was no room service available that evening but instead we were offered a 10% discount in the restaurant. The set menu is only £14.95 for 3-courses, which is incredibly good value. The food was excellent and, accordingly, the restaurant was very busy for a Sunday night. The hotel is in a former hospital building but don’t let this put you off – the architecture, gardens and location are beautiful. The lobby, bar and bedrooms are very cool indeed. Although rooms are small-ish, absolutely everything you need is there: big wardrobe, internet access, proper hairdryer, very posh minibar contents inc. fresh milk for tea/coffee in the room. The luxurious baths are 6ft long, super toiletries supplied by The White House, crisp white bedlinen on a comfortable bed…..what more could anyone want. I would highly recommend Hart’s. While you’re there, a must-see is Nottingham-born designer Paul Smith’s new shop (there are two) at Willoughby House, Low Pavement – it’s a Grade II listed Georgian house and gardens filled with Paul’s own furniture, art, antiques and it’s absolutely stunning. A suprisingly cool city!"

• Travel date: 20th September 2005

Perfect Home from Home

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"I have been staying in Harts for the last year when in Nottingham on business. I cannot praise the hotel enough. On my second visit they greeted me with my name, saying it was nice to have me back, and had my check in details already completed. This may not seem much but I travel around the country a lot and this is way above the normal service you get. Now, after my 20something visit, I still consistently get the same excellent level of service. Yes, the rooms are small, but they are perfectly formed with everything you could possibly want to have a comfortable stay. I cannot recommend Harts enough, particularly if like me, you are travelling alone on business. The restaurant is fabulous too. Having stayed in at least 5 other hotels in the town centre this is simply the best if you like small, personal hotels. I like the Lacemarket Hotel too but am not as keen on the restaurant there."

• Travel date: 5th September 2005