Premier Inn York City (Blossom St South) Hotel

About Premier Inn York City (Blossom St South) Hotel

• paid internet

Good

Central location and worthy of consideration, but...

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"On arriving we were greeted by enthusiastic and helpful reception staff that were keen to guide through the automated machine driven process - invoicing is settled on arrival.
The location is very central and adjacent to a partner premierinn, easy to confuse on a first visit. Limited parking is available at the other site with the south site having no dedicated parking area, reception mentioned a nearby NCP, bear this in mind if bringing a car. Plenty of local drinking houses and places to eat, lots to see and do within easy walking distance.
Hotel is relatively new so amenities were functional and presentable - as one would except.
Pricing was standard rather than competitive.

Visit with confidence, you get what it says on the tin however be mindfull of apparent limited parking availibility."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of July 2010

Excellent facilities and service at the price

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"We stayed 4 nights. We had a warm welcome and were assisted with the check in process. Our room was large, very clean and air conditioned. The second bed was not made up but a call to "fix it" and the situation was resolved within a very short time. The staff are friendly and only too happy to answer questions on what York has to offer and there is so much to see. The breakfasts were excellent although the plates could be warmer. The restaurant was sampled once, good service and excellent value well cooked and presented food with a wide menu. Close to Micklegate and the railway station and an easy walk to the city centre. Use the NCP car park situated behind the hotel which provides a 20% discount on parking fees. We will definitely stay here again on our net trip to this beautiful city."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of July 2010

Good value site

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Excellent premier Inn in ideal position for visiting the City. All facilities first class. Slight confusion as there appears to be two Premier inns next to each other both with own receptions so take care."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of June 2010

Good Location & Service

Reviewed Sun 24th of March 2013

"This is one of two Premier Inns on the same block on Blossom street, just a quick walk around the corner from the train station. It's well-positioned to explore the walled city and everything within, and would seem to be a pretty good deal. The rooms are big, and in good shape. The bathroom was well-appointed...I've never seen a soap-dispenser in a private bathroom, but I suppose that makes more sense than throwing out a 1/10th used beauty bar every day. Helpful, pleasant staff and a seemingly well-run place. I would certainly stay here again when in York."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of June 2010

Great Hotel

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"Just got back from york were we had a great time.We stayed at the Premier Inn Blossom St South.The hotel is in an excellent location for exploring the city,It is a 5 minute walk from the train station.The hotel staff were friendly and very helpfull.The rooms were clean and up to the normal high standard you get in a Premier Inn.We dined at the table table restaurant which is a 2 minute walk along the street. The food was probably the best we have had at a table table restaurant and the staff we first class. We cant wait to return."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of June 2010

Great rooms

Reviewed Sat 23rd of March 2013

"We picked this hotel as we knew it had only just opened. The rooms were big compared to many other hotels and had excellent facilities which were all spotlessly clean.
The main advantage of this hotel is that it is within 5 minutes walk from the station and you do you have to cross any main roads with your luggage. It's a pleasant walk into town (approx 15 minutes to the central shops). There are lots of bars and restaurants within 5 minutes of the hotel.
It was an ideal base for our party of 11 and I would definately stay there again."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of June 2010

Fantastic

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed here Sat to Mon on the bank holiday weekend for our 10th wedding anniversary. 5 minute walk from the train station and 2 minutes to the York walls. Lovely and clean and fresh as it has just opened. Reception staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough to help, and always had a smile when you passed by. Bed was very comfy, and the room was quiet, so much so that we didn't realise until we were going to breakfast on the Sunday that there were families staying in the rooms near us. The buffet breakfast was fantastic, and again staff were brilliant. This made a fantasitc weekend for us, and we will definitely be back to this hotel with our kids in the future, and we certainly will stay with Premier Inn again."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of June 2010

Great Hotel and Fantastic Pub Restaurant

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"I have stayed at the Blossom St North hotel before, but this is even better. Really new. I believe they opened in April. They have a lovely pub restaurant called the Longboat where we had 2 meals for £10...excellent value. The staff were equally friendly as their colleagues in the hotel next door. I couldn't fault it. The rooms were so bright and ours had a lovely view of the city walls."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of May 2010

Does what it says on the tin

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Typical premier inn, nice spacious room, comfortable bed, freeview tv etc. If you want to visit York city centre this has a perfect location around 15 mins on foot on one straight road (if you are going for a night on the town and wearing heels I would advise you to get a taxi, I tried it on foot and got blisters! The streets are uneven and cobbled!)

Just a couple of things to mention, the parking is not at all adequate for the size of the hotel, you will have to park at the ncp car park around the back of the hotel which costs £8 per day when staying at the hotel (you get your ticket validated)
The table table restaurant attached to the hotel offers nice food bit is generally overpriced and I found the staff to be very rude.
When you check in it is all done via self service whilst one of the staff stands with you asking you questions, someone asked the staff why it is now done like this and she said it is so that the staff are Freetown ask you how tour journey has been etc, quite frankly I think this is a ridiculous idea! I would much prefer it of the staff would just check me in and then I can get to my room. The fact that she was directing questions at me whilst I was trying to follow the on screen instructions just put me off!! Though I did find the staff in the hotel very polite and friendly throughout my stay."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of May 2010

It's a premier inn!

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"This feels like a newly built Premier Inn, following the standard format. Rooms are clean and comfortable, the small flat screen tv does the job and the price makes it good value. The room has the usual kettle, but it's always an idea to ask reception for some extra sachets of tea/coffee/milk. The inn has a good location close to the city centre of York. The train station is an easy 10 minute walk and the city walls, with Mickelgate are only 5 minutes away. The surprising thing about the inn for me is that they have introduced do it yourself check in. The inn has two ATM like machines in the reception area, you just type in your name, pay for the room with a card and the keycard is automatically presented. Is this the way of the future?"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of May 2010