Superb Scarborough The Crescent Scarborough hotel

Reviewed Tue 24th of April 2018

"The Crescent in Scarborough is a small affordable very nice quiet area central but not too central not too far away from shops beach hotel with car park two nice bars lovely little restaurant and reading room with excellent food dining the bedrooms are small immaculate more spacious ones at back nr garden and carpark and is affordable good quality little place to stay friendly good customer care service helpful professional and immaculately presented hotel and staff highly recommend the crescent scarborough for all"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of April 2017

Everything......Beautiful!!

Reviewed Tue 5th of February 2013

"We have stayed at the hotel 7 times now and each time has been lovely. We book well in advance as we love to go in one of the executive suites and these tend to book up quite quickly. Although we have stayed in other rooms, we like to treat ourselves when we go away on our own. We go in December each year as we find it great to do a bit of Xmas shopping with the town being 2 minutes walk away and then go back to a lovely room, have a nice cup of tea (or a drink in the bar) then some nice chill out time before we go down to the restaurant for a suberb dinner (my favourite part of the holiday). Then we go into the bar for a few drinks and a chat with the other guests. The restaurant is very nice and the food......well.....i have to say...this is one of the main reasons we return twice a year. Everything we have had, and we always try something differant, has been spot on!!
We know all the staff there now and they are always very friendly and find time to have a chat with you ( hello Denise, Diane, Alesia). Overall the hotel is in a lovely location, spotless clean, Great staff and Superb food. Thanks to Paul and Lindsey for letting us stay at your lovely hotel. See you in 2009 x"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of December 2008

As Good As Previous Reviews.

Reviewed Wed 6th of February 2013

"I stayed at The Crescent Saturday and Sunday night December 6 & 7 as I had a days holiday to use up prior to the year end and I was determined to do something relaxing with it rather than join the hoardes at the pre-Christmas check-out counters. Overnight in Scarborough was a thing of the distant past but after this weekend it will be a Winter treat next year. Having picked The Crescent by chance on the internet and I admit it was not my first choice, I was delighted to then see it later as number 1 on Trip Adviser. I now can fully understand why.The hotel is welcoming, warm, spotless and was tastefully decorated for the Christmas season. I had a spacious single en-suite room with tv, tea and coffee which was extremely comfortable. I used the restaurant on the Saturday night and enjoyed a delicious meal which could not be faulted. It was again as good as the reviews. The bar was a nice place to relax though small but the choice of drinks was plentiful and fairly priced. Breakfast was excellent with a great choice and more than enough of it. The Marine Drive walk was a must after such a good feed so early in the day. As I said earlier my visits to Scarborough have been mostly day trips over recent years as I head to the U.S. at least once a year for my holidays but after this week-end I intend to build in at least one overnight stay a year at The Crescent and may even head back as early as February 09. This is down to the good early impression given by Mr. and Mrs. Cooney and staff that continued throughout my short but very enjoyable stay. Definetly one to recommend."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of December 2008

loved my stay in the belvoir

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"whilst working in the area i found this great hotel, there doesnt seem to be many hotels that has as high standard. very friendly staff and the evening meal was 5* and very well priced for what you recieved i look forward to staying again."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of November 2008

Weekend Visit

Reviewed Sat 2nd of February 2013

"A comfortable hotel which provides what it promises.

Parking is a little problematic, limited parking with voucher from the hotel along the road outside.

Breakfast was very good and the staff helpful & friendly.

If you want a view of the sea this is not the hotel for you, but the outlook across the park is nice in its own way."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of October 2008

Will certainly return

Reviewed Fri 1st of February 2013

"Having just spent 10 days at the Crescent, we were very reluctant to leave. There were faults to nothing. The food, service, staff and the warm welcome from the owners was superb. Having stayed in many hotels, this has got to be rated as one of the best. We shall certainly recommend it to anyone we know travelling in that direction, and we ourselves will certainly be back Thanks for a lovely holiday, and the weather, no rain for 10 days, brilliant...

Regards

S& V James
Aberdeen"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of September 2008

A great little hotel

Reviewed Thu 7th of February 2013

"I stayed at the Crescent whilst on business and thought it was a great little place. The staff were very helpful, everywhere was clean, and all in all it was a very pleasant stay. My room was on the top floor and had a large bathroom with a window seat (!) and the bedroom looked out across the small park which occupies the middle of the Crescent itself. There was a small television mounted on the wall, tea & coffee making facilities, and a trouser press as well as the comfortable double bed and double wardrobe, and all in all the room didn't really lack anything, plus I could see the sea between the trees!

Although the hotel is in the centre of the town and maybe a two minute stroll from the main shopping street the location is quiet. Parking could be an issue for some but I had no problems when I stayed. As the hotel has no car park of its own you park on the Crescent itself, and almost all of the road along the edge of the park is a designated parking area. There are pay and display meters at regular intervals and parking costs £1.50 per hour from 9AM until 6PM, so if you time things right and are away from the area during the day you could easily park for nothing. For those leaving their cars during the day the hotel offers a discounted rate, and permits can be obtained from the reception (I did not use this facility myself so cannot comment on how it works).

Inside the hotel there is a restaurant on the ground floor, a carvery in the basement, and also a small bar next to the reception. All of the public areas of the hotel offer free wireless internet access, the password for which is obtainable at reception. Some rooms may be able to receive the signal but mine had problems with this due to the distance from the access point and thickness of the walls, so it is easier - and more sociable - to go downstairs and enjoy a pint while surfing the net :-)

All in all I had a very pleasant stay at the Crescent Hotel, and although I hadn't been there for many years I also became rather fond of Scarborough itself. I would stay at the Crescent Hotel again without hesitation, and would definitely recommend it to others. As a seasoned business traveller I've stayed in good and bad places over the years, and I can say with hand on heart that the Crescent is one of the good ones. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of September 2008

A good nights sleep at the crescent!

Reviewed Thu 31st of January 2013

"I stayed at this hotel on business on the 29th July 2008.
I found the room to be more than adequate, well presented with four poster bed, tea/coffee making facilities and large ceiling fan directly over the bed. The staff were friendly and competent. I took advantage of the hotel restaurant which served very nice food at a reasonable price.
One thing to be warned about is that the hotel has no parking facilities. You have to park out on the road and go into the hotel for a parking permit.
I would recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of August 2008

Pleasant stay

Reviewed Thu 24th of January 2013

"Very friendly and helpful staff and a relaxed overnight stay. The room was spacious and quiet with a small balcony overlooking nearby street and gardens.
Reasonable rates (£55 pp inc. breakfast) and a good location. Recommended."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2008

Super Hotel

Reviewed Sun 27th of January 2013

"This is a great little friendly hotel which is very nicely situated near the centre. I was ringing round the hotels as you do, and Lindsay the owner basically sold the place over the phone, which was very refreshing as most can't be bothered. As a result we booked 3 nights midweek and weren't disappointed.

We absolutely loved the Londsborough Room, one of the best I've stayed in, spotlessly clean, acres of space and a joy to relax in. The room was on the front looking out over the quiet pleasant park. Rooms at the side look out over the town and on higher floors the castle. Rear rooms look over the road and shopping centre.

Breakfasts were excellent and served with local Yorkshire humour by the lady who had worked there 30 years. We didn't have dinner there only because we prefer to eat out - see my Le Chat Noir review.

Park around the park and buy your pass from reception immediately as the wardens are very keen. This is Scarborough, so you leave the car and walk everywhere, it's good for you:-)

Nothing was too much trouble and I'm sure we will stay here again, we wanted to take the room with us it was that good."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

Nice Seaside offering

Reviewed Sat 19th of January 2013

"I stayed at this hotel based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed. The hotel is a short walk (250m) from the station and about the same distance from the top of the cliffs which provided a very nice morning walk before breakfast.

Travelling by train it was wasy to find and check-in, although old fashioned with paper cards was quick and trusting without the need for a card swipe (so refreshing).

The room was warm but had floor to ceiling windows which opened and the room was clean and well above average size. Facilities are all you would want.

The bar was welcoming and friendly and all seemed very relaxed which is a nice feel when you are in a location on Business.

Myself and a colleague ate out with our hosts so I cannot comment on the restaurant but breakfast was plentiful and of a good quality.

The hotel entrance is stepped so access for some is not ideal but once inside there is a lift to all floors."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

Lovely hotel - rude staff

Reviewed Thu 17th of January 2013

"The Cresent hotel is lovely. Very clean, good breakfast, great location. However, the staff were so rude and unfriendly, I really felt that I was inconveniencing them staying there. The gentleman on the reception desk was the worst and the lady serving the breakfast wasn't much better, although she did later apologise for her rudeness and she put it down to the stress of serving everyone breakfast.
I stay in lots of hotels and always write a review on Tripadvisor, weather my experience was good or bad. I'm not difficult to please but a few manners would mot go amiss for the owners of this hotel.
I was pleased to leave."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of December 2007

Hotels near The Crescent Hotel

Top traveller tips for The Crescent Hotel

• Tom katt by Tom katt

"Suggest stay in back car park garden carpark room some are more spacious "

The Crescent Hotel is also called