Loved this hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I have just returned from a 5 day holiday at this Hotel and thought it was great. The Hotel has been refurbished and my room was lovely, not a great view, but very roomy lots of storage space, and a lovely shower in the bathroom, which to me looked new. Food was great, lots of choice. The only comments I would make was that all the bedrooms seemed to have the washbasin in the bedroom rather than the bathroom so could be a problem if you liked your privacy, and they seemed short of staff in the dining room but Jason the Manager did his best to make sure everyone was looked after.
We had entertainment on three nights of our stay and the last night the singer/comedian/magician was superb. I was travelling on my own and felt safe and looked after and I really enjoyed this Hotel, will definitely go back again."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

Bargin

Good
Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"We booked this 4 day break last minute with Bowens. When we arrived we were some what disappointed as the frontage of the hotel was very old fashioned and tired.

But, once inside what a pleasant suprise. It has had a complete refurbishment. The bar is lovely with hops and sky and the ballroom is a good size. The receptionist was friendly and the staff helped with our luggage. Our room was a decent size & very clean, with a comfortable bed and sky.

The food & restaurant was first class, yes traditional with limited choices but it was all homemade and very tasty, and you wont go hungry as the portions were very generous. Breakfast again couldn't be faulted, very good choice and served with a smile in a bright clean refurbished restaurant.

Two of the four nights had live entertainment on in the ballroom and another night offered a quiz and bingo with wine up for grabs as a prize! Sadly I didn't win this time... but good fun all the same.

The hotel is a short (10-15minute walk from town) close to the esplande. When you consider we only paid £90.00 each for four nights dinner, bed & breakfast you really can't complain... I would definately return it was a great break (even the weather was good) all in all a complete bargin!! The only minor niggles we had was that our room didn't have the best view and the dinner choices were limited to four or five options per course.

Also, the blonde lady (Owner?) was telling us that the hotel had more refurbishments planned... including a new frontage!!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of March 2008