About Ashburton House

• bath shower
  • hair dryer
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • desk
  • complimentary toiletries
  • iron
  • coffee tea maker
  • dvd cd player

My little bit of heaven

Reviewed Fri 8th of February 2013

"I have stayed with Stephen and Margaret twice now. I have to say both stays were lovely, the hotel is clean ( and oh yes I am a bit of a clean freak ) The food is delicious and Margaret and Stephen are very lovely hosts.

I will stay with them again when I return to England and would recommend the hotel to freinds and family."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of December 2008

Simply Brilliant

Reviewed Mon 4th of February 2013

"From the moment I telephoned to make my enquiry and subsequent booking, to leaving two days later, I couldn't have been made to feel more welcome and more at home. Warm, Friendly people, very well kept establishment both inside and out, good quality furinture in the rooms and a good selection for breakfast. Sincerest of thanks I look forward to returning whenever work allows."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of December 2008

Super little hotel

Reviewed Tue 5th of February 2013

"This hotel is really nice and proved to be inviting and cosy.
Rooms are good and clean with excellent facilities,comfy too and the freeserve tv was a nice surprise.
Breakfast menu is really good and the food is of a good quality,
I can highly recomend this hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of November 2008

Ashburton

Reviewed Sat 2nd of February 2013

"Warm friendly welcome, lovely clean room, great breakfast and a perfect location for all Scarborough has to offer. Would definitely recommend!"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of November 2008

Great B&B, best in Scarborough

Reviewed Wed 6th of February 2013

"We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Ashburton, the rooms were spotlessly clean and very well decorated, they offer a great choice for breakfast and everything we tried was very nice.
The owners were very friendly and helped us out with any requests we had and also gave good advice on places to eat and local attractions.
We would definitely recommend the Ashburton and we will certainly return in the future.
We have stayed in Scarborough many times over the years but this was the best B&B we have stayed in and it was also the cheapest."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of November 2008

dissapointment

Reviewed Thu 7th of February 2013

"on arrival to what we thought was a 4 star hotel looked drab, there was 2 couples in our stay ages from 30-55, we are far from snobs but we do expect a certain standard and we put our total trust in what was on offer, anyway after a dissapointing start lets get inside!!!! reception area was dull with no atmosphere after a quick scout round while waiting for host we suddenly realised this hotel wouldnt be as "clean" as stated carpets could do with a clean and reception a lick of fresh paint. the greeting was o.k couple 1 on first floor myself and husband on 2nd, rooms 4 and 7. we opened our doors eventually ! not ideal locks if you had one to many or desperate for the loo, we get in our rooms ours was a family room for 3, great plenty of space, lovely room furniture, ooh we got digital t.v marvellous! wait people thats where the excitement ends. My huband looks at me with that stare as if to say its not me so it must be you, WOT i reply then it dawns a terrible smell comin from the bathroom i look round it cold damp drainage stink it not that clean i open shower door not big at all how am i going to get a decent shower in that my 12 yr old son would struggle. We here only for wk end it be ok we will have to manage, carpet got stains on it we could smell them, we had great night went to see chubby brown he fantastic we soon forgot about our shabby 4* hotel. Breakfast time it states in book it is lovely, we did have a choice lighter bites kippers or full breakfast we all went for the small range of cereals but where is the jug of milk it cant be the one on the table thats for tea and coffee but according to the young inexperienced waitress well that is if you need experience to smile. full breky arrives the usual we was informed prior only 2 portions of black pudding left taking into account we were firsts down for breakfast. my husband wonders where are the beans taking into account the tomato was whole ones and made the breky was dry our bacon was that salty we couldnt eat it our mouths was stinging, we did not go down the following day but we did go down on the day we were coming home we had a lighter bite, we saw the host that day for the first time since arrival, we spoke to another couple who had only been there previous night they were disgusted and decided not to stay another night. all i can say is dont expect much from this hotel and dont believe what it says in brochures e.t.c from lisa sue ian roy chesterfield."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of October 2008

Hereford Crunch

Reviewed Thu 28th of August 2008

"WOW, perfection, we couldn't have been more pleased, the owners were polite and welcoming and did everything they could to ensure we had a wonderful stay. Our room was fantastic, modern and spotlessly clean.

The breakfasts were as good as I have ever had and they had a good choice (loved the kippers). The hotel is well located near the beach and shops and is excellent value.

We have stayed in many similair establishments in Scarborough but the Ashburton is by far the best and also the cheapest, we will definately stay again in the future and if you are thinking of staying in Scarborough look no further!"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of August 2008

Loved the area very local for everything

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"Would certainly recommend this extremely friendly hotel. Food is excellent as are the bedrooms. Will certainly go back again."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of October 2007

Well priced and well situated family friendly hotel

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Second stay in a family room here. Owners very helpful without being intrusive. Breakfast excellent. Room has double and 2 singe beds and ensuite with shower. Well positioned for walking down to south bay."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of July 2007