Bar Cafe

convenient and simple

Reviewed 7th July 2009

"I stayed at the travelodge norwich central on the Friday 3rd of july 2009. I foud it simple easy and convenient, the hotel being right in the centre of norwich. Check in was simple, easy and effective. The hotel itself was only built a few years ago, so it was modern, well designed and the rooms were, clean, comfortable, modern and simple, paid £39 for the night, saver rate and for this i felt it was quite good price for what i was getting. It did state when booking that some exteriour noise may be heard, i mean i was on the first floor end room with a great view looking right over Norich bus station but i didnt really have any problems with noise at all. In conclusion the hotel was simple and effective in terms of a great location, price and room quality, some travelodges arent that good, but this one i found was very good."

• Travel date: 5th July 2009

This Travelodge is ideally situated for ...

Reviewed 4th September 2007

"This Travelodge is ideally situated for Norwich City Centre, the Thickthorn park and ride site is adjacent to the lodge, and it takes you directly into the Town Centre without having to worry about car parking. The rooms are fairly standard with tea making facilities, comfortable bed and clean towels, however the room we stayed in was not very clean, there were cobwebs hanging from different parts of the ceiling which had been there for a very long time which was not very impressive. However, we would stay again mainly because it is very central for our needs."

• Travel date: 4th September 2007

Cheap and Cheerful

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"Stayed at this hotel 28th - 30th December. We booked on the Travelodge website and luckily got supersaver rates, £15 per room per night. The hotel itself is located on a main road with the main bus station backing on. It did seem noisy when we arrived there but we managed to have decent nights sleep without any disruptions outside i guess it's no good if you want a lay in as it does start getting loud during the rush hour! We were in a room that faced the main road so i can't comment on the noise at the back of the hotel. We never ate in the restaurant so again cannot comment! The room was very clean and tidy, basic but ideal for a base. The only problem we encountered was that we asked for a non smoking room but when we entered it smelled really smokey, we just opened the windows and it was fine after a little while! Lovely hot shower and bath, comfy bed and really helpful staff! Good location. Minutes walk from the chapelfields shopping centre and a short taxi ride away from Riverside. Downside being the carpark next door, it's £12 for 12-24 hours but it is locked between midnight and 6.30 so it's very secure. I went to get the car and had a few minutes left before it hit the 12 hour rate... funnily enough when i put my ticket through the machine it kept spitting it back out of me, until it was dead on the 12 hour rate and it accepted it. I only lost out on £3 but that's not the point!!"

• Travel date: 3rd January 2007

Truly awful

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"A really awful hotel, uncomfortable beds, room overlooking a very noisy bus station, horrible 'restaurant', the only thing to recommend it is the staff - very friendly in difficult circumstances. If you are staying in Norwich and want a good value budget option stay at the Premier Inn, it's 100 times better than this place."

• Travel date: 10th December 2006

Watch the buses!

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"Stayed at this hotel on business for two nights. Hotel is located in the centre of Norwich and was ideally placed for where I needed to be. Check in was extremely efficient. The rooms are basic but clean. Girls no hairdryers (but you can obtain them at reception). I arrived at 22.45 and was cold, so could of done without the window being wide open. You only get one towel, but again you can ask for more at reception. There are also no toiletries provided. It was very noisy as rooms do back onto the bus station. Was woken up at 5am by the sounding of horns. Breakfast was fine £6.50 all you can eat buffet. All in all this hotel does what it says on the tin - Basic, convenient, but most importantly clean, even though it does feel a bit like a youth hostel!"

• Travel date: 3rd December 2006

Backs onto the Bus Station

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"I know this is a city hotel, so you can expect some noise, but the back rooms back onto the Norwich Central Bus station. The buses run from 6:30am - 11:30pm and some depart between 3-4am. If you are on business and need a good night's sleep it's not great."

• Travel date: 3rd October 2006

Please don't use this hotel. It is the ...

Reviewed 31st July 2006

"Please don't use this hotel. It is the worst one I have ever stayed in. We all know that there is a heat wave yet this hotel has no air conditioning even though it was only built last year. You cannot open the windows more than 2cm and so there is no air in the rooms. All of the guests were complaining about the heat and not being able to sleep. The hotel had air conditioning in the reception and the bar but nowhere else. They had a sum total of 2 fans available... and you would have had to bribe the cleaning staff to get one of those. Also, the price of the room doesn't include parking which is an extra £11 per night in the NCP next door. SO BEWARE. They are also the most money grabbing company."

• Travel date: 31st July 2006

You'd be better Off Sleeping in Your Car!!!!

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"Please don't go and stay at this hotel. We stay in loads of hotels for our work and I can tell you that this is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever been in. The rooms are so hot that you can't sleep - there is no air conditioning in them and you are only allowed to open the windows by 2cm!!!! It's like being in HELL. They are also the most money grabbing company we have ever come across. There was a mistake with our room and we paid for it and so did the company that had booked us but Travelodge denied this and took both payments. When we said that we would recommend that this hotel shouldn't be used by the council again we were told that they couldn't care less. Please use a small idenpendent B&B and don't let these people take your money."

• Travel date: 30th July 2006

Excellent stay.....

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Stayed at the Norwich Central Travelodge on a Friday night, no problems whatsoever. Location was ideal, walking distance of city centre shops and pubs, Room was excellent, Staff were very friendly and helpful! Not much noise during the evening, surprisingly for a centrally-situated hotel either. I would definitely come back again."

• Travel date: 14th July 2006

Excellent location, very clean

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Stayed here on business then brought the wife a couple of weeks later for the weekend. £26 for the room , per night (booked on the travelodge web-site), parking next door in the NCP is only £11 per day and very secure. Staff very friendly and polite, Manager on duty very good - he suggested a really nice pub/restaurant for a meal called the Eagle (about 500 yarsd walk) excellent food. The room was very clean and comforatble, loads of room - even had a sofa. Bathroom just as good. Breakfast in the cafe was all you can eat buufet for £6.50, good quality and great value. Right in the centre of the city expect a little traffic noise and guests do come and go at all hours as in any city centre hotel - if you want 100% silence - go to a country house hotel. We will definetly stay here again."

• Travel date: 26th March 2006

Stay elsewhere if you're planning on sleeping

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"I chose this hotel because of its central location - which is the best thing about it by far. While I didn't expect luxury, I did expect to get some sleep for the price I paid (£50 per night). I stayed there a Friday and Saturday night. From 3.00 to 5.30 on the Sunday morning, it was as if a rugby match was being played above my head. One that involved slamming doors repeatedly and frequently, and lots of running and stomping. Also, the bin in the toilet had not been emptied from the previous guest. And when our room was "cleaned", I couldn't even tell it had been done - the coffee cups had not been changed, none of the surfaces had been wiped down, nor had the bed been made. We checked out Sunday noon and there was a guy lying on the floor by the elevator, out cold. He stank of alcohol, and was clearly drunk. When we told the man at Reception, he simply laughed, as if this was completely normal. I won't be staying here again."

• Travel date: 31st January 2006

Excellent location and good value

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"Just returned from a night at this new Travelodge. Rooms quite spacious and decent bathroom though you need your own toiletries. Very good value for money if you book in advance (can be 10 or 26 pounds if you pick the right nights) as the room sleeps four. Have to use NCP next door for parking which is 3 pounds overnight or 11 pounds for 24 hours. We did not have the breakfast as there were so many coffeshops nearby to choose from. You can easily walk to all the city centre shops and historic places- don't miss the cathedral one of the oldest in England. We should have asked for a room at the back as traffic a bit noisy otherwise no complaints."

• Travel date: 31st December 2005

Hotels near Travelodge Norwich Central

Top traveller tips for Travelodge Norwich Central

• by young knowlege

"pleanty of shopping oppertunities"

• by young knowlege

"great culture and shopping"

Travelodge Norwich Central is also called