The White Lodge

Good

None Better than the White Lodge

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"We were recommended. Needed a couple nights stay at short notice. Even at the time of booking we knew that we were going to be made welcome. The White Lodge has been recently tastfully refurbished. The rooms are bright with fantastic decor. Our double room had a balcony overlooking a delightful large landscaped garden. In conversation it must have slipped out that it was my wifes birthday and to our supprise a card and flowers were in our room waiting for us. Have stayed in many hotels and guest houses but none better. Our thanks to Jean, Eddie and George and we will be back."

• Travel date: 17th September 2008

Excellent

Reviewed 28th January 2013

"We stayed at this B&B in August and had a great time jean and Eddie are lovely people and made our stay very enjoyable. The breakfasts are very well cooked, you have a choice of which breakfast you want we chose the traditional English and was satisfied until lunch time. This B&B is really clean and nicely decorated with the most comfortable bed I've ever stayed in (apart from mine). We will be returning next year and would recommend this B&B to anyone who wants to stay in Great Yarmouth but doesn't want to listen to the club life."

• Travel date: 14th September 2008

Best yet

Reviewed 31st January 2013

"Just taken my second break with Eddie and Jean. Such a warm welcome and they make you feel at home. Food is first class so no complaints there. Rooms comfortable and very clean. Most certainly I will return. I have stayed in a lot of different hotels over the years but The White Lodge is the best ever. Deffinately 5 stars from me. Thank you for a good stay with you and yes Ill be back. Ray Parker"

• Travel date: 9th September 2008

Excellent Hotel

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"I would definatly recomend this B and B to anyone thinking of staying in Great Yarmouth. First impressions inside are excellent as straight away you can tell how clean and modern it is. The owners are very friendly and constantly make you feel welcome and will do anything possible to make your stay more enjoyable. This hotel is definatly worth the 5 stars! Craig and Steph xx"

• Travel date: 9th September 2008

Best Guesthouse in Great Yarmouth

Reviewed 30th January 2013

"Just returned from staying at The White Lodge after attending a family wedding. This is definately the best guest house in the area with a warm welcome along with spotless and comfortable accommodation that has been upgraded and maintained to a very high standard. The room was a good size with a comfortable bed, flat screen tv and a wonderful shower. The breakfast room was spacious and a variety of cereals and fruit juices were offered along with a superb breakfast that was cooked to order. It is a peaceful setting within walking distance of the town centre and a bonus of free parking. Nothing is too much trouble for Jean and Eddie and I will definately stay again."

• Travel date: 3rd September 2008

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!

Reviewed 29th January 2013

"We have just come back from spending a weekend at the White Lodge. It was a brilliant place to stay. Having struggled to find a hotel in Great Yarmouth which appeared clean and modern we fell on our feet finding the wonderful Jean and Eddie. Amazing people with an amazing home, brilliant breakfast and gorgeous rooms. Most inportantly imaculately clean with a great friendly atmosphere. Thanks for all your help with making our break a memorable experience. See you both in October!! KT & Simon"

• Travel date: 22nd August 2008

Home from Home

Reviewed 27th January 2013

"We have just returned from a 4 night break at the White Lodge, only booked 3 nights but enjoyed the hospitality so much we booked an extra night, would have stayed longer but someone else needed our room. Cannot praise Eddie and Jean enough for the warm welcome and the way that they looked after us during our stay. If you expect 5 star treatment in a bed and breakfast enviroment then look no further than the White Lodge. We wish Eddie and Jean good luck for the future and we will most definitely be going back."

• Travel date: 16th August 2008

Great Stay

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Great Location, Great room, Good food, Friendly staff. Would definately stay again and would highly recommend it to anybody. David and Stefanie Coventry"

• Travel date: 13th August 2008

Great location

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"We have just spent a long weekend at this guest house and were very impressed with the great location, the great view, the cleaniness and the enormous breakfasts. Jean and Eddie were the perfect hosts. This was the best 'value for money', accommodation we have experienced in a long time. Good luck for the future."

• Travel date: 6th August 2008

Creme de la Creme

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"The White Lodge in Great Yarmouth, in my opinion, is the creme de la creme of guest houses. It will definitely stand out in my mind from all the other ones that I have stayed in as being the very, very best. It has the advantage of being situated at the quieter end of the seafront; approximately ten minutes walk away from the main attractions of Great Yarmouth allowing you to have a far more tranquil and relaxing experience during your stay there. The White Lodge itself is a beautiful building - again it is not your run of the mill guesthouse. It has been beautifully restored and refurbished. It has both the feel of a luxurious hotel and the relaxed atmosphere and affordability of a guesthouse. Great combination in my book! The room we stayed in was wonderful; very clean, very comfortable, tastefully decorated and had all those little 'extras' such as biscuits and luxury shower gel that I absolutely love to see. The cooked breakfasts were wonderful as well (loads of mushrooms and the option of veggie sausages if so inclined, which I was!). Jean and Eddie, the proprietors, are so friendly and give you the very warmest of welcomes that it makes you feel sad when its time to leave. I highly recommend the White Lodge to everybody."

• Travel date: 17th July 2008