The Swiss Cottage

31 North Drive, Great Yarmouth NR30 4EW England

Good

Everything we needed for a comfortable stay in Great Yarmouth

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"We booked at short notice for the bank holiday weekend and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of accomodation on offer.
We had a large room with super king size bed and sea view. Nothing was too much trouble for Barbara including organising a lovely breakfast to suitable for my very restricted medical diet."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of July 2009

the swiss cottage a great place to stay.

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"The swiss cottage what a great place to stay in a quiet part of town.
We had a lovely big room, which overlooked the water garden and had sea view.parking around the back. Breakfast was lovely too, was a full english but if you didnt want that they would make something else.
They also let us bring our labrador, rosie with us. They also helped us find pubs where you could take dogs in.
Bob and Barbara are very friendly hosts. Would recommmed swiss cottage to friends and family.
Thanks Bob and Barbara for a wonderful stay. Hope to come back soon."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of June 2009

Would thoroughly recommend to anyone

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Coming to Gt Yarmouth is a nostalgia trip for us, we used to live in the area, so coming to a B&B that is home from home makes it even better for us. Everything is spotlessly clean, the house is beautiful and Barbara and Bob are the best hosts one could wish for - welcoming and friendly. Breakfasts are excellent, cooked to perfection and well presented. The fact that this is a non-smoking establishment makes it pefect."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of June 2009

A warm welcoming place to stay

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"My partner and I have been staying at Swiss Cottage for the last 3/4 years, visiting sometimes 2/3 times a year. Bob and Barbara are wonderful hosts and always make us feel at home. The rooms are are nicely decorated and are very comfortable and are replenished daily with fresh towels and tea and coffee making facilities. Bob makes a lovely cooked breakfast which sets us up for the day."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2009

A friendly atmosophere

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"A lovely house, very well looked after and up to the minute decor. Well heated for the time of the year. Very friendly hosts. Good breakfasts. Will be happy to use again"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of June 2009

Nice seaside location and comfortable B&B

Good
Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I stayed overnight for a business trip. This is a pleasant B&B, ideally located on the quiet side of town and on the seafront with private parking and free Wifi (which is always appreciated). I took the budget double which had a comfortable bed, plain cream decor, a surprisingly good shower and ensuite, I could have done with a table to work on (even if it was downstairs) but this is a minor quibble and I would definitely stay again."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of June 2009

Comfortable and stylish - we loved the 'old' with the 'new'

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"The Swiss Cottage is a beautiful house right on the sea-front - we were in the annex as we had our little dog with us - the house may have been 'vintage' but the decor was modern and clean - we came up to GY for a sport event that my husband was taking part in and thought we'd use the opportunity to visit a town that we'd never been to before - the accommodation was lovely, clean and very comfy. The breakfast was delicious and set us up for the days exploring - GY is amazing - magnificent in its kitch-ness - we loved the sea-front with all the colourful buildings and things to buy and do - we loved the horse-drawn landau's and the whole 'sea-side' experience.
We would recommend staying at the Swiss Cottage - and we have to our friends.
Thank you so much Barbara and Bob for your hospitality."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of June 2009

Welcoming hosts, beautifully prepared breakfasts and clean, comfortable rooms.

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"We have stayed in many guest houses in our travels, but this one beats all the others. We were impressed by the cleanliness of the whole building and especially the bedroom, with the room being cleaned and the bed made up every day.
The breakfast was beautifully prepared (with several options if a full English was not required).
Bob and Barbara are very friendly hosts and nothing was too much trouble.
We would certainly recommend Swiss Cottage to anyone who is looking for a relaxing stay in a comfortable room in a lovely, quiet location.

Veronica and Peter (Colchester)"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of June 2009

outstanding

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"I have stayed at the Swiss Cottage 2 yrs in a row now, I have stayed at other hotels in Yarmouth, but this is the friendlest and nicest one I have stayed at, I come from the U.S and I would recomend it to any one from the US, well to any one in fact, if any one want a clean, quiet, no smoking hotel, with the owners going out of their way to make your stay pleasent, it is in a nice part of town, and if you go before the summer bus start running, it is not to far to walk to catch a bus, it is across the street from the beach and the waterways, and it isnt far if you want to walk along the sea front to town, It is a excellent hotel for young and old, I,m 74 and at my age you look for a hotel like this, and for people like Bob and Barbara too
Shirley Hayes, Amelia Ohio"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of June 2009

A great place to stay, very comfortable, clean, good food, friendly hosts - what more could you want?

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"What a great place to stay at! The room was cosy, clean and the bed made up every day. The breakfasts were beautifully prepared and set us up for the day. The hospitality was very welcoming with nothing too much trouble; Barbara in particular was very helpful with lots of tips and help. All in all a very relaxing break - we would have no hesitation in recommending the Swiss Cottage to everybody reading this review!!"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of April 2009

Hotels near The Swiss Cottage

Stayed at The Swiss Cottage? Share your insight.

The Swiss Cottage is also called