Room115

• coffee tea maker
  • latvian amenities

Good hotel

Reviewed 9th July 2014

"This Hotel was brilliant for the money. The staff were lovely and friendly and gave you anything you asked for. The food was good. Nightly entertainment was very good and we had a game of bingo. The room was small but had everything that you wanted in it. Free tea and coffee everyday. The room was spotless and cleaned everyday. Plus clean towels everyday if you wanted them. Nice flat screen TV. Hotel was just a few minutes from the pier. All amenities were close by. The hotel seemed to be run by the staff and very well too. I think I saw the owner once behind the bar at closing time. Well worth the money."

• Travel date: 8th July 2014

Working class man's truly unbiased opinion! Wolverhampton UK

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"Stayed at this location for Twixmas (dec27-30 2006). The hotel is clean throughout and I found it to be tastefully decorated. The food was excellent (every meal), always hot. We found the level of service to be impressive, the staff could not do enough for you. I admit that the staff seemed to be mainly non English but they were certainly polite, attentive and very efficient and we didn't experience any communication difficulties as mentioned in previous reviews. Our room was definitely very well cleaned including the bathroom every day (we stayed on the top floor). Fresh clean towels and bathmat were provided every day as required. The hospitality tray was cleaned & restocked if supplies dwindled. We have stayed in a good many hotels over the years, travelling as both directly booked and coach tour clients and we both feel this hotel to be as good as any others we have stayed in. I would also like to point out that we have paid far more and received far less in certain other establishments throughout Great Britain! But don't take our word for it, go see for yourselves. We are so happy we didn't let previous reviews put us off. After all any judgement will be dependent on the reviewer's personal attitude and previous experience - even this one!"

• Travel date: 31st December 2006

oh my god !!!

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in, my children were very dissapointed at the lack of facilities promised in the leaflet, there were no kids options on the food, which might i add was disgusting, starters: packet soup with lumps, main: some sort of bbq steak which was described as pork chop, Dessert: ice cream with squirty cream. We never saw the manager once, no-one spoke a word of English, when at dinner we asked for boiled potatoes we got apple sauce!! I would definately not recommend this to anyone, escpecially a family. Entertainment was terrible and event the entertainers looked bored trying to entertain us. The rooms were very clean, this about the only positive thing we can say about our stay here. If I had thought of it and i wish i had, I would have taken pictures to prove exactly just how bad things were."

• Travel date: 7th October 2006

Terrible

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"We stayed her on a coach weekend break, The food was awful, some of the bedrooms were horrid, the one my brother had didn't even have a mattress that fitted the bed. We weren't met by the manager on arrival or when we departed, there was no english staff and the few staff that they had, had limited english. The entertainment was outdated. I go on a coach weekend break twice a year and this is the worse hotel i have ever come across"

• Travel date: 2nd October 2006

clean but basic

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"I thought the hotel was very basic, it could do with a revamp. The food was excellent. Hotel is in a good location. All staff friendly and efficient. Good value for money."

• Travel date: 26th February 2006

its a goood hotel

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"the hotel is the best one ive stayed in for ages theres a prob with the rooms but it only need re decorateing its got a pool but i didnt go in it its got a lift its old but its better than not haveing on e the straff are kind clean the food lovely and i like it they have a bar and some dicos depends i ve got there num 01493 843723 ring it if interrested ive seen one of the workerss kiss the bus driver hes kind she even kiss this baby girl good bye because she liked here the rooms get cleaned everyday there nice food ya get first course then 2nd then 3rd then thats all really#"

• Travel date: 16th July 2005

Brilliant Holiday.

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"I dont know why this Hotel has such bad reviews,I found it to be:clean,good food.good entertainment,really friendly staff(cant do enough for you).I found it good value for money and would reccomend it to anyone."

• Travel date: 22nd November 2004

Not A Bad Hotel

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"Although this wasn't the smartest hotel we have stayed in we found it to be clean and comfortable. The food and service in the dining room were good and all the staff were pleasant and helpful. There was entertainment put on for us the 2 nights we were there, everyone on our coach seemed to enjoy it. We had a 2 night break here and would return again."

• Travel date: 8th October 2004

worst hotel food i have every had

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"my room was shabby & the shower had a smell. all the meals were made with cheap ingredients. the breakfast was the worst hotel breakfast i have ever had, cheap nasty sausage, with microwaved bacon. the evening meal was packet soup, all the vegetables on the meal were frozen and the potatoe was instant mash. to top the lot the sponge was missing from the trifle & how they managed to make the jelly so weak then get it to set, remains a mistery. this was then followed by tea or coffee, words cannot describe what that was like. the food reminded me of what used to be dished up to the elderly in some residential care establishments, before stricter controls were enforsed. i only hope the tour operator we came with. will drop this hotel in the future. as yarmouth is such a nice place."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2004

The bedroom accommodation in this hotel is sub standard.

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"The bedroom accommodation in this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. My bed was not made once, the shower did not work and there appeared to be a header tank directly above the bedroom ceiling which filled everytime someone used a loo or the water supply. The communal landing smelled stale. The staff were helpful and the service in the dining room was good, however money needs to be spent on updating this hotel."

• Travel date: 4th August 2004

hated the St George

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"The St George Hotel is the worst hotel I have ever visited. I had paid to stay there before I arrived and I had to leave the hotel after just 20 minutes and book into another hotel because this hotel is not a place to stay in. It is not clean and it smells awful. The room stank of air fresheners to hide the smell of stale food and cigarette smoke."

• Travel date: 2nd May 2004

Hotels near St. George Hotel

Top traveller tips for St. George Hotel

• by Jasmine1951

"Near all the attractions"

St. George Hotel is also called

• st george hotel
  • st george great yarmouth