In general the staff were very helpful,...

Reviewed Mon 28th of May 2007

"In general the staff were very helpful, they arranged for our boiler to be fixed within the hour, and replaced all the missing items from out caravan very quickly.

Unfortunately there was very little for our 22month old daughter to do. The toddler swimming activities were not running, despite still being advertised on their website.

The soft play area did not open until 18:00, and then only three nights out of our seven night stay. The PAWS club was not available, despite again being advertised on their website.

Our silver caravan was very clean and the living area spacious. The bedrooms were very small and the beds tiny and uncomfortable.

The pub restaurant was understaffed.

We will not be returning!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Nice site with helpful staff, we had a d...

Reviewed Sun 27th of May 2007

"Nice site with helpful staff, we had a disabled van and it was basic but clean.

Only bad thing was you had to walk round to the stores to get items of kitchen ware and bedding that was missing and then had a long wait for the items to be brought to your van, about 3 days for a grill pan!

Good entertainment at night but the daytimes were pretty quiet,, food and drink prices are very expensive but you find that on most sites.

Only real bad thing was very loud music blasting out from the kids bouncy castle and paddling pool from 10 in the morning till 6 at night, not good if you want an hour’s rest in the afternoon!

But all in all not a bad site."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007

Seashore Holiday Park

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"I have just returned from a short break from this park and found it to be good value for money. The caravan was clean and well kept and the parks location made it easy to travel to all the attractions around the area. The cost of eating and drinking in the town was comparible to my home town, but the site bar and shop had there prices weighted but this is to be expected. I would recommend this to anybody with or without kids as it is very good value for money."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of May 2007

We visited Seashore Haven Holiday Park i...

Reviewed Fri 13th of April 2007

"We visited Seashore Haven Holiday Park in Great Yarmouth just over two years ago and found this site extremely disappointing. Great Yarmouth is really a lovely town, but the part of the beach just a short walk across the road from the actual park was filthy - fag ends, bottles, crisp papers etc. The beach is a lot nicer and cleaner in the actual town. We paid well over the odds for a Rory caravan, bedding was ripped and stained, and toilet was stained with the obvious from the previous visitors and had obviously been missed by the cleaners before our arrival. Fridge freezer had been turned off resulting in a nice puddle on floor. Food is expensive on site and if you like eating chips with burgers, chips with sausage, chips with chips (you get the idea) you'll be fine. If you're travelling by car you'd be better off going to the local Tesco and do a little shop for essentials, you'll save a small fortune. Pool was small, cold and full of hair, not a lot to do in the day apart from your children wanting to spend all your money on grabber machines, entertainment at night wasn't varied enough either, bingo and a band in one bar or Rory and co doing the same stuff until 9pm at night in another. All the children loved this but by the time 'adult' entertainment came on, our children became tired and so had to leave. I think it would have been better if Rory and co had finished earlier each night say 8pm so parents could at least have some kind of 'night out' whilst on holiday. It can get a bit tedious watching and listening to the same character songs and routines night after night. Overall the Park is very over hyped in the glossy brochures, very disappointed and has actually put us off staying in Haven caravan parks for life. I must add the only reason we booked Seashore was because it had a beach closer to it than Vauxhall Holiday Park, but I wish I would have stayed there instead, don't be put off by Vauxhall's distance like I was actually only 5-10 minutes’ walk away from town centre and nicer beach."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of April 2007

As a child I was brought up going on hol...

Reviewed Sat 7th of October 2006

"As a child I was brought up going on holiday to holiday camps such as Haven but then it all stopped for a while when I turned 18 as when you are that age one tends to want to discover the world (well Ibiza) ha ha! Have been to many a place in Europe & America & forgot the wonderful holidays I had here in the UK! So I thought why not go back & re live a few days at a good old English resort. So me, my hubby & a couple of mates booked for the weekend & my god I’m glad we did it I just wish we could have stayed longer!!

The accommodation was clean & very nice, we had a gold caravan & we are pretty sure it may have been bigger than our flat but it was wonderful! The pool was great with lots of inflatables to use in the pool & other activities if you wanted them. There was also a vertical sunbed if you are like me & love to have a tan all year. There was crazy golf, wacky family bikes to get those leg muscles working & aching in our case. Plenty of other things to do such as trampoline, arcades, bowling & play areas for children. There was plenty of food on site such as Fish and Chips, Burger King & the great tavern restaurant by the pool, had a great mixed grill & breakfasts. There is a shop onsite but you are not to far away from great Yarmouth in which you can take a little train, bus or even walk. It was fab.

Seashore was fantastic, everything was 100% great. Being near end of season we weren't expecting everything we got as we thought the staff etc would be winding down after I’m sure was a hectic summer! But no everything was great & the staff were so enthusiastic. The entertainment was great & the fun stars were lovely bless them they were such fun I wish I were a child again. It brought back so many memories from my child holidays it was fantastic. I think I’m going to give the exotic locations a miss next year & take a great holiday back to seashore & I can’t wait! I’m 24,so all you youngsters out there who think a holiday camp would be boring think again & try it!!!!!

Many thanks to all at Haven Seashore you were great

• Travel date: Sat 7th of October 2006

Went with friends and 6 kids in tow for...

Reviewed Fri 6th of October 2006

"Went with friends and 6 kids in tow for a long weekend. This site is very near to the beach and it was lovely to be able to just stroll over to the beach quite easily without needing the cars.

The holiday park was overall quite good. They have lots for children to do including a free indoor play area with ball pit. The accommodation (chalet) was lovely except that we had an out break of ants in the kitchen. I complained to the manager and he offered all 10 of us a free meal in the restaurant which was very nice indeed as we could literally eat as much as we wanted for zilch!

The resort has a well stocked shop which is not as pricey as some and sells most things. All in all we had a lovely break and would definitely go back there if we got a special deal."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of October 2006

When rating the park and the holiday, I...

Reviewed Wed 28th of June 2006

"When rating the park and the holiday, I can honestly say that it deserves a ten out of ten. Although I have had the fortune to travel abroad, It has to be said that this is probably one of the best holidays I have had.

The accommodation was superb, the park was clean and tidy, and nobody got bored or glum. The only sad thing was leaving.

The best part about the holiday was the staff. From the shop workers to the bar staff, the management to the entertainment crew, it seemed as though they could never do enough for you. They not only enjoy their jobs, they enjoy keeping you and your family happy.

I have already decided that I will be returning next year, maybe sooner if work will allow.

An absolutely fantastic holiday!"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of June 2006

On arrival was pleased it was right next...

Reviewed Sat 3rd of June 2006

"On arrival was pleased it was right next to the beach. Helpful staff when booked in and didn’t wait long, found the caravan ok and it was very clean and comfortable for budget.

All we had to do was walk 1 min to the beach which was great. The beaches were great and clean, sand for miles.

The kids went everyday to the indoor pool. Good entertainment every night. Outdoor play area was good. So much to do in Yarmouth and we went to Hemsby for the day which also has a lovely beach. So many places nearby to drive to. Highly recommend."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of June 2006

This site is excellent, ideal for a fami...

Reviewed Wed 1st of March 2006

"This site is excellent, ideal for a family holiday. Located right next to the beach, you can easily walk onto it here and it is near enough deserted. With a few sand dunes this really sets the atmosphere.

The camp itself is excellent with various food outlets, two clubs and an amusements arcade. However, watch the price of those drinks in the club as they isn’t cheap! The swimming pool is a little basic but still good fun, especially the two water flumes!!!

The walk into Yarmouth itself is a little daunting as your feet really ache when you reach the town centre. Best to ride the land train which runs past the camp. This walk can also be a little cold when the wind picks up!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of March 2006

Having returned only on Friday from a 4...

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2005

"Having returned only on Friday from a 4 night stay at Seashore, Great Yarmouth, I can honestly say that I am exhausted.

From arrival on Monday to the time we left on Friday we have been active non stop with children’s clubs - Halloween costume making, mask making, zoetrope making, musical instruments, toys, games, afternoon entertainment aimed specifically at the children - quiz and party, Anxious the Elephant show, Rory the Tiger show and also evening entertainment aimed at the children until 9.00pm with musical shows, games, and then for adults from 9 - 11.00pm with comedians, singers and illusionists, although I would admit the children preferred the Party dances each night to the adults although we did join in.

With an indoor swimming pool, orbitors, trampolines, bouncy castle, crazy golf, bike hire, soft play den and children’s adventure playground there is so much to do that fitting mealtimes in is a struggle.

The caravan was clean and tidy when we arrived although as it was the end of the season a couple of items were missing from the inventory (possibly lost or damaged) which were soon replaced on request. Bedding was already in the caravan ready for you to make the beds up although if you stay in Gold accommodation you do have your beds already made up on arrival.

We did all of our own catering through choice although there are plenty of food establishments on site including a pizza restaurant and fish and chip shop. Many of the local kebab shops were willing to deliver and each day you returned back to your caravan to discover a new menu.

The holiday has been great as we would have expected as this is our 4th Haven holiday. 2nd time this year to Seashore and all of the staff were still full of energy and enthusiasm even though there were only a matter of days to go before the end of the season.

Well done.

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

Having never stayed in 1 of Havens carav...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"Having never stayed in 1 of Havens caravans before, I was a bit dubious. However, the caravan was spacious, clean and comfortable. The camp itself was good fun. A large swimming pool with some fun slides, a couple of bars and some good food could all be found on site.

The evening entertainment was good fun, with bars in both of the entertainment clubs, a separate bar and plenty of arcade games to keep everyone amused.

The camp was close enough to Great Yarmouth, with all the fantastic amusements that provides.

All in all a great break away.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005