Apart from some of the onsite facilities...

Reviewed Sat 31st of May 2008

"Apart from some of the onsite facilities and the area surrounding the park, Seashore in a lovely holiday park, where the staff are pleasant, helpful and quit friendly. We stayed for one week, in a Prestige caravan, which was clen and tidy and had everything that we needed. Most of the facilities including entertainment like the funworks were good, however the onsite Mash and Barrel was very disappointing were the food was badly cooked and not very hot, 'probably cooked in a microwave oven' was an opinion from a member of the family. Also you could tell that most of the food was from a frozen bag. The surrounding areas of the park were also quite disappointind, where both great yarmouth and caister were both very rundown towns, with little entertanment and a lack of good shoping places. Great yarmouth should be renamed to Rubbish Yarmouth. Transport in the area was howver good. Altough it rained and there are some bad points about our holiday, we did enjoy it."

• Travel date: Sat 31st of May 2008

We booked a 3 bedroom superior plus cara...

Reviewed Mon 7th of April 2008

"We booked a 3 bedroom superior plus caravan for 3 nights. I was very happy with the caravan very clean and ample furniture-the only thing i would say was that the bedrooms were very small. The park itself had lots to do and the children loved it! The swimming pool was very basic and was a bit boring,a really great adventure playground-the childrens entertainment was brilliant.
The food was a bit of a let down,the chip shop was meant to be a restraunt but you had to use plastic knives and forks and there were no plates! There was a burger king inside the arcade which was empty and when we got our food it was cold. The only place to eat that i would recommend was the mash n barrel cafe-but it was overpriced and the portions were tiny.
the surroundings were pleasant and i would return but when the weather is warmer as the caravan was very cold!!
The shop was well stocked and all the staff were friendly-they do try to make alot of money out of you with loads of things to tempt the kids-but apart from that a good break.
If you have young children this is a great holiday but i wouldnt recommend it to singles or those with teenagers as it is very child orientated."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of April 2008

This park has to be one of Haven's best....

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2007

"This park has to be one of Haven's best. If you book far in advance you can get a good deal, otherwise this park can become slightly expensive.

The food outlets on this park are superb, the location itself right on the beach is fantastic and it is located within walking distance of Great Yarmouth, but buses and land trains run between the two if you don’t feel up to the walk!

Plenty of food outlets and a choice of two clubs to visit, but drinks in these are very overpriced and the bar staff are not the quickest. The swimming pool is average but clean and the accommodation is excellent. Well worth a visit!"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of October 2007

After reading the reviews I was quite ap...

Reviewed Sat 6th of October 2007

"After reading the reviews I was quite apprehensive of going to Seashore Holiday Park, however still went as we managed to get it for £139 for 7 nights (late deal). On arriving it looked okay however I was quite surprised that there was no barriers on the entrance for cars meaning anyone could drive in!

We found where we needed to check in and got our keys no problem - no queues or anything (which I was glad about having being sat in the car for 5 hours!). Our caravan was clean and very spacious, quite modern too, the carpets were a bit dirty however that can be expected really in a caravan park. Cooking utensils supplied in the caravan were sufficient however they were not overly clean so I washed everything again before I used it.

The caravan was situated well into the park so it was a 10 minute walk from entering the park to getting to the caravan - this was probably just as well though as we were no where near either of the clubs/bars so did not have to put up with any noise! The noise that we did have to put up with during the day however was helicopters! There is a heliport very close to the site and the helicopters start flying from around 6.30am in the morning - this did not bother us as we wanted to be up to cook breakfast but don't be expecting too many lie ins!

The location of the site was okay, around a 45min/hours swift walk to Yarmouth itself. This was okay however got tired of walking it by the end of the week. During the day buses are quite regular however on a night time they are few and far between meaning if you don't want to walk a taxi is the only answer (£5). You could always take your car but this meant paying for parking (£4 a day).

Entertainment on the site... honestly could not tell you as we never went in, I did notice however that the adults only bar was never open, nor was the fish and chip shop. The convenience store too was not very convenient - it opened around 8am I think and shut at 7pm - most places I have been before have been open well longer than that!

To sum it up the site was good enough for what we wanted - somewhere to sleep and clean. I cannot say that we could have spent a full day on the caravan site as there was limited things to do, there was a swimming pool but again we did not use this so cannot comment. For £139 I could not complain, I would not like to pay the full price however as there are B&B's in the centre of Yarmouth that are the same price!!

Would I recommend the site? Yes, as long as you are not looking for a 4* holiday park!!

Thanks for reading."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of October 2007

Expensive and boring. I went to Yarmouth...

Reviewed Sun 26th of August 2007

"Expensive and boring. I went to Yarmouth a long time ago and loved it. Was really disappointed this time. The pleasure beach was run down and unsafe looking. The camp site was fairly clean. The life guards in the pool looked boarded and didn't interact with the kids much. If you go take lots of money. Nothing is cheap and boy do they encourage you to spend your money. Bored with the sales pitch day in day out of ticket sales and caravan owning.

Would never go back again with my family. Caravan was clean and quite spacious apart from a dirty smelly broken mop that was left in the shower room."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of August 2007

We got back on Saturday after spending a...

Reviewed Tue 7th of August 2007

"We got back on Saturday after spending a fantastic week at Seashore on the recommendation of a friend. Myself, my husband, parents and our two children aged 3 and 8 hired a 3 bedroomed gold caravan and found it spacious, clean and well positioned.

The park is nice and flat and all amenities are easily reached which was useful for my mother who is disabled. The on-site shop is expensive as you would expect, but there is a big 24 hour Asda just outside Great Yarmouth and a Tesco down the road at Caister.

There was lots for the children to do, the staff were all very helpful and we found the food in the Mash and Barrel excellent and good value for money (pub prices).

The beach was easily reached and monitored by the council beach guards, but we did find it a little dirty, the beach further up the bay at Caister is nicer with fewer sand dunes. The wind farm just off the coast is also very interesting and we spent a couple of afternoons watching seals, boats and divers from the beach.

On the whole it was a very nice holiday, a nice park which was not particularly rowdy considering there were so many kids on site, Great Yarmouth and Caister were easy to reach. I would recommend it.

We've already booked a week for next year!"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2007

We have used the Haven (Seashore) site m...

Reviewed Sun 29th of July 2007

"We have used the Haven (Seashore) site many time over the years and been very impressed (the reason for our return).
Caravans are very clean and cater for all our every need (excellent). The main reason for our return was the evening entertainment.
This year we were very disappointed, to say the least!
1) Tetley Bitter – flat no life (I would say we were drinking slops)
2) Even worse at the pool bar – had to leave it (flat)
3) Larger was flat as soon as it got to the table
4) Entertainment in the adult area was too loud
5) The adult bar outside closed at 10.30 (the only area to sit and talk)
6) The kids area was too hot and finished at 11pm and doors locked (still no wear to sit and talk.

Not impressed, the only thought on the managements minds was "How could we make more profit due to the bad weather".

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

We have stayed at Seashore for the last...

Reviewed Thu 26th of July 2007

"We have stayed at Seashore for the last 6 years with our children. We have always had a good time while we stayed there, the staff were friendly, and helpful. We liked to go into the town during the day and evening, since we don't play bingo, as this was the only entertainment they have on both halls until 8 oclock.

This time myself and my wife were able to book a midweek break for ourselves, as our older kids were working and our youngest had gone away with his school. So we booked a silver 3 bed caravan and it cost us £179 to stay Monday to Friday but we could not get there until the Tuesday as we had to take our son to his school early Tuesday morning. So we were losing a day and night. I asked if we could add a extra night to our stay and was told I would have to ask at reception when we arrived. When we arrived we were able to pay £20 for the Friday night.

When we got to the caravan we were surprised at the size of it as we had always stayed in the smaller vans. We had a look around and then unpacked. We then noticed dozens of small spiders all over the ceilings. We managed to get rid of them. Then continued to enjoy our stay.

We were having a great time until the Thursday evening when my wife was watching the TV before we went to the club and I was laying on the floor reading, when something jumped onto my magazine. I was disgusted to find it was a dog flea, and then realized that the floor was covered in them. I spent the next hour getting as many as I could and putting them into a glass so I could show the staff. I phoned security as they are the only ones on site at that time of night and they said we would have to wait until the morning when they would send some one round.

When we awoke in the morning and were making the bed we found 3 fleas on the mattress so we had been sleeping with them all night. My wife had lots of bites on her legs and even one on her nose. We went to reception as soon as they opened and spoke to a member of staff who told us to pack and bring our suitcases to reception and to wait for a new caravan. We were then told one would not be ready until 2.00, so we went to the town and arrived back at the camp at 2.30 where we met the customer care manager who said sorry to us and said he would give us a meal free of charge. But, we said that we didn't feel that was compensation enough for the ordeal we had gone through. He then said that he would come and see us at 4.30 and discuss an out of season break, to which we replied that we would not be able to take an out of season break as we had to look after our son who would be at school. He said that would be too expensive and asked us to go away and decide what we wanted. After almost 3 hours we went back to see the manager as he hadn't turned up to see us. He promptly gave us £20 in vouchers to spend on the site, and still wouldn't give us a break in school holiday time and said he would phone us at home the following Monday. So we had to stay on site to have our dinner when we were hoping to spend our last evening having dinner in Greatt Yarmouth town. We had our dinner in the restaurant , The Mash and Barrel, with drinks came to almost £23. Which was £3 more than the vouchers.

On arriving home on the Saturday we started to unpack and found some fleas in our suitcases, some were dead but there were some alive so we had to clean our bedroom out to make sure none had got on the floor. My wife had been scratching all the way home and discovered she had 47 bite marks on her legs and body. I was lucky and only had 2 , they didn't like the taste of me.

We emailed Havens head office and sent a recorded letter to the customer care, and a few days later had an email from the manager at seashore saying sorry and that they had dealt with the matter swiftly and to our satisfaction. I phoned him the next day and said it wasn't and explained to him how many bites we had and the inconvenience we had suffered, on what started as great holiday for my wife and myself. He then said he would try and get us a break but would find it difficult in the school holiday season. We really liked going to Seashore for our holidays but we feel that we will try some where else in future.

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

I recently had a holiday at Seashore wit...

Reviewed Sun 22nd of July 2007

"I recently had a holiday at Seashore with my husband, my 2 children and my sister and her two children. I had never been to a Haven before, got told that this was going to be an excellent holida.

Even though the weather wasn’t very good, I cannot blame Haven for that, but our caravan was leaking, there wasn’t any decent entertainment my kids were very bored as there wasn’t much to do for them.

Everything was very overpriced the food was disgusting, some of the staff were smiley, and helpful others were very rude. I found all the managers that I saw throughout the week had bad attitudes.

I will never go to a Haven park ever again!"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of July 2007

great for anyone of any age!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"This holiday park is great, there is so much to do: crazy golf, swimming, all weather pitch for sports, kids clubs, two showbars with entertainment at night, a bar with pool tables, an over 18's pub and it is right on the seafront in great yarmouth so you can step out of your caravan onto the beach (the only seafront caravans are privately owned so you will need to book via their websites not through haven) you can also walk into yarmouth as it is one straight road it will take about 30-45 mins depending on how fast you walk. The park also backs onto the racecourse so you can enjoy views of the races and it is only 10 mins away from yarmouth stadium where stockcar racing and greyhound racing takes place."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2007

Had a 2 week break at Haven Seashore wit...

Reviewed Mon 2nd of July 2007

"Had a 2 week break at Haven Seashore with our 4 year and 4 month old. We had a great time.

Stayed in 4 star 2 bedroom caravan. It was very clean and well equipped. The site itself was litter free - the swimming pool was clean and warm.

Entertainment for children was good and the "funstars" were fantastic. In fact all staff were always friendly and helpful. Security on site was very good.

My only complaints were that the food in the chip shop and "mash and barrel" was disgusting, the nearby beach wasn't nice and there was constant pressure to buy "Rory and Bradley" merchandise.

We cooked in the caravan or ate out at The Castle in Caister - a good child friendly restaurant. The beach in Gorleston was lovely and suitable for children.

On a rainy day with young children would recommend The Play Barn south of Norwich - it has farm animals and indoor soft play. Would return to a Haven site."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

Be prepared to share your caravan with t...

Reviewed Sat 16th of June 2007

"Be prepared to share your caravan with the ants. Our Caravan was infested. We complained daily to the staff, which led to the maintenance staff coming out a laying powder all round the van, (not a good idea with a 2 year old).

Eventually we got a van transfer to a privately owned product, where the standards far exceeded the Haven vans.

On returning home we complained to Haven Head Office where eventually after a lot of frustration, got a compensation package.

A shame really as the Funstars on the site we extremely good.

Site reasonable, have been to better Haven Sites."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of June 2007