Luxury King room with full Bathroom

Good

Thought and love has gone into this Bed & Breakfast!!!

Reviewed 2nd April 2013

"And you can tell... Attention to detail is excellent. The room was very clean. The breakfasts are amazing, huge selection and excellent quality. First class hosts!!!. I feel that 5 stars is not enough, so I will use my own scale out of 10 and I give The Kilbrannan guest house a........12!!!!!!!!. Oh we'll looks like 10 was not enough. The owners have put a lot of hard work and love into this B&B and you can tell. IF you can don't book anywhere else this B&B is central to everything you might need and want. The B&B sells it self, but what makes it really special are the owners, the owners have got customer service down to a tee!! You want to relax, stay here good rates top notch quality. But as with all things you have to try it before you believe it, so book yourself in experience The Kilbrannan then get ready to book in again!! I know we will!...Superb."

• Travel date: 30th March 2013

Total perfection - leaves the others miles behind

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"We have stayed here umpteen times in the last decade. The size and quality of the rooms has always been impressive. Cleanliness? You would think everything was brand new every day! The owners took over I guess a couple of years ago - we need not have worried if anything it is even better - feeling as we do as if we are close friends from the moment we arrive. Total dedication to their business menas total dedication to their guests also. It is about time some other guest house owners stayed here to see how it really should be done! Well done to everyone here - I have tried the others and this one stands head and shoulders above all the rest of them!"

• Travel date: 18th October 2010

Best Breakfast EVER!!!!!

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"This was my second visit to the Kilbrannan, and it felt like going back to see old friends. A warm welcome by the owners greets you on arrival, and the luggage is taken up to your room while the paperwork etc is completed. The room itself is beautifully decorated with the most amazing bed linen - you just want to dive into the bed straight away! An endless supply of Coffee, Teas (including green & fruit varieties) Hot chocolate, biscuits, sweets and loads of sugar & milk. But, the best thing by a mile is waking up in the morning and having the most amazing breakfast ever. Cooked to order with fresh ingredients, and by the taste - not cheap ingredients either! All in all, a really lovely place to stay. I travel all the time and generally stay in Holiday Inns etc, but I love coming to Gt Yarmouth now - means i get to stay here again ;-)"

• Travel date: 23rd September 2010

Best in Great Yarmouth

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We booked this Guest House because of the reviews and to add to the list of Guest Houses visited on Trafalgar Road Great Yarmouth. Wow. What a difference. Our room was serviced and cleaned each day with the room as clean as the day we arrived. The room wasn't the only place that was clean: it was the whole house. Julie & Gary were always around with polish and duster in hand. Our room had everything we could possibly want includng a proper fridge and an en-suite cleaner than we could clean our own. Our bed was very comfortable and the hospitality tray was brimming with all sorts of drinks, biscuits, sweets and bottle of water. Breakfast was the best we have ever had. (Smoked Salmon with Scrambled Egg on Toasted Muffins were my favourite), the Kilbrannan Special was also delicious. We also sat with Gary, Julie & Charlie in the Guest Lounge on a couple of nights where we enjoyed a few drinks and chatted the night away. This experience has us hooked on coming back to Kilbrannan. No other Great Yarmouth Guest House comes close to the service we recieved from Julie & Gary. Highly recommended"

• Travel date: 6th September 2010

Couldn't be better

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"Stayed here for only one night unfortunately, with our 14yr old grandson. The other reviews for this B&B say it all, this place is perfect. Best B&B we have stayed in and we have stayed in a few."

• Travel date: 3rd September 2010

JUST THE BEST

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"Just the best guest house you could stay in nothing is too much trouble for Julie Gary and Charlie to make your holiday the best. And just the best breakfast you could ever want. thank you Julie Gary and Charlie for a lovely holiday. Eve and Ian."

• Travel date: 31st August 2010

Simply the best

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"The kilbrannan is simply the best guest house you could ever stay in. Your hosts Gary, Julie & Charlie make you feel so welcome.The rooms are cleaned from top to bottom daily with fresh towels and welcome tray both replaced .The rooms are very spacious modern and stylish and have everything you could wish for, and a comfortable bed yes that's right a comfortable bed. The breakfast is first class with nothing being to much trouble, a lounge for the evening that's sells all kinds of drinks. If you want the best at a very resonable price you cant go wrong here .Thankyou Gary ,Julie & Charlie from Donna,Luke & Alice"

• Travel date: 17th August 2010

Perfect

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"Me and my partner stayed at Kilbrannan Guest House for my 40th birthday.. It was a special weekend and staying at Kilbrannane was the cherry on the cake! The delightful, friendly landlady welcomed us , showed us round and gave us some great tips on where to go The room was were very clean and modern, with lovely comfy bed. A delicious fry up the next day kept us going for our sight seeing. We are now expecting our 2nd child!!! Thanks again."

• Travel date: 3rd March 2010

True Perfection

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"My husband and i have stayed at the kilbrannan now on four seperate occasions and now feel like part of the Smith family. This is simply the best house in Great Yarmouth. Your made to feel extremely welcome upon arrival and right through your stay, nothing is any trouble for the Smith family and they will accomodate your every need. The rooms are very clean and thats important to me as i am quite fussy about these things, never found anything out of place. The meals are out of this world, highly recommend the Kilbrannan pie and most certainly the breakfasts. There is a large number of things you can have for breakfast and your spoiled for choice. The fact that kilbrannan is licensed too is a complete bonus at very reasonable prices too. Your invited in to the guest lounge any time of day to relax and socialise and if you have kids too then its perfect as there is Charlie on hand to challenge you to a game or two on the nintendo wii console. Gary and Julie are perfectionists and simply the best hosts you could hope for on a short break or holiday. When you stay at kilbrannan your sure to feel more than welcome. I can also say the beds are the most comforable ive ever slept in too with clean fresh bed linen and comfy pillows too. Its a short walk to the sea front or to town, perfection in every way."

• Travel date: 29th December 2009

Very High Quality Guesthouse

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"The standard of this Guesthouse is extremely high, everywhere is spotless and smells nice and fresh. The room was exceptional and the facilities were nothing short of perfect. We sat with Gary, Julie & Charlie in the lounge in the evening and just chatted. It was so relaxing and the wine was cheap. Breakfast was also excellent with a good choice and plenty of it. The fruit juice was high quality and fresh, the coffee was freshly brewed in our individual cafetiere and the breakfast ingredients were outstanding and freshly cooked. In short, this will definitely be our place to stay in Great Yarmouth."

• Travel date: 21st November 2009

Perfect seaside guest house

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"After being given a budget of £40 per night (per room) from my son to take my wife away for an early mother's day present I began my search. For the time of year there was a rather large quantity of guest houses that were £40 per night and this seemed to be the starting price (i.e. few if any below this price). Unfortunately none of them seemed to grab my attention. But then I came across the Kilbrannan and rates were quoted from £20pppn-£40ppn. I got in touch and found out that they only had one room left available, which was their largest and also had it's own separate bathroom that was just as large. This was priced about £4 over my son's budget, but was well worth the extra few pounds. The fact that they only had one room available in this quiet time of year pointed towards a popular guest house. On arrival it was good to see that it was as conveniently located as the online map suggested. It was bright and fresh looking and being on a corner it just stood out and looked a little grander than the others near by. Directly across from the house is a large grassed area which is preferable to see than an other house facing you. This was especially pleasant when having the delicious breakfast (I'll go into more detail) and watching the world go by and people taking their dogs for a walk. We were greeted by Julie and we went into to the lounge where we met her teenage son son Charlie, whom was doing a typical teenage thing, playing on the Wii, but untypically for a teenager he was friendly and actually spoke, instead of the usual teenage grunts. Julie pointed out the small fridge that had beer, wine, spirits etc. All of which were reasonably priced, £1 for most drinks and wine £2 if I remember correctly. Julie then help us with our bags to our room(s). The rooms basically took up the whole of the lower floor. The photos on their website have this as room 1 although you can't really appreciate the size until you're in it. As well as the size the room is also well equipped with TV, DVD, Freeview, Playstation 2, Kettle, LARGE selection teas, coffees, hot chocolates, mints, etc, large wardrobe, good size double bed(poss. king size), 2 seater settee, fireplace, bedside cabinets, and a writing desk that fit my laptop on well whilst I took advantage of the FREE WiFi. The huge bathroom has a full-sized large bath, shower, toilet, sink, and bidet. There is still over 2/3 of floor space in this room. There is room for 2 small cars on their property, but every guest is entitled to a free visitors parking pass. They have a large selection of DVDs, PS2 games, books, and board games to borrow. What I've described so far is a really good guest house, but I haven't yet described what has made it far beyond the usual good guest houses, i.e. the little often overlooked things. Firstly when we were shown to our room the owners had remembered it was a mother's day treat and had left us a bottle of wine and box of chocolates. Neither were cheap brands either. Secondly the quality of everything was great down to the littlest of details such as fancy little glass air fresheners instead of the usual Smartprice/Value bulky plastic things. Bedding was top quality M&S I believe. The plates, dishes, etc were good quality M&S. The breakfast, especially the sausages that they had done their own "in-house market research" on. Everything was bought local and there was no tinned mushrooms or other such rubbish, just quality fresh, local ingredients. I must stop all the compliments now (although there is much more) and try to find a negative before this review looks like a fake one written by themselves or a friend. If I had to be really ultra critical I could mention the slight noise from the room above our bedroom. This was the dinning room and in the morning you could slightly hear noise from above. This really should not be mentioned and only occurred due to the fact there was a workman who needed to get to work early and Gary got up early to cook a breakfast for him. Usually all the guests would be going for breakfast about the same time so this very minor point would not usually occur anyway. I have only come across this sort of quality in guest houses that cost twice as much and are not in seaside locations, little country cottages and such like. I will definitely be staying at the Kilbrannan whenever I'm in the area again and will be recommending it to friends and family. I can not comment on the other rooms but could not see why the quality would not run throughout the guest house. One final point is that although other guest house are making large rooms into 2 small rooms, the Kilbrannan has done the opposite. I hope Julie and Gary keep up with the quality, even though it must really hurt the profits, as guests do appreciate it. The five out five rating is based on the type of accommodation and price, i.e. it surpassed all expectations (I didn't expect swimming pool, gym, etc)"

• Travel date: 18th March 2009