the hotel

Good

More like scruffy towers....!!

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"Paid £50 for a room for 1 night, I didn't expect the Hilton but there's limits. The staff wasn't that helpful, didn't seem if they had any personal hygiene, the room was small, scruffy etc. As for the breakfast well...if you like processed deep fried sausages, yesterday's deep fried everything, powder orange juice, then you'll love it! I believe they count on their custom with the gimmick of the B&B name ''Faulty Towers'', don't be fooled by this, as it certainley lives upto it's name!! Oh and if you like the staff's children crawling round your feet at breakfast then this is the place for you..."

• Travel date: 29th September 2010

PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"If you would like to stay in a tiny , dark, smelly, hotel with things that do not work and peeling ceilings, then this Hotel is the place for you. Otherwise don,t bother. Shown up to our room up a tiny steep and badly lit staircase. Room was tiny and smelt damp and musty, must have been from the mouldy shower . Main light switch was not working ,nor was the wall mounted fan. Stains on towels was the last straw. Booked through Late Rooms and am now trying to get a refund on my booking. We could not possibly stay there ended up in a Travelodge."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2010

Crap, but friendly owners

Reviewed 11th October 2012

"Very Smelly,Stinking Sheets ,manky toilets and fully needs refurnished an uter crap hole....... Very Friendly Owners Ok Food In Morning, Smelly old Curtains, Holes Out walls, toilet seats that would put you off using in basil the rats room u would think that a rat would stay there... Its an ok hotel for a night but not for a week if u stay for a week you would end up passing out with the bad smells... we slept above the covers due to the smell that was not clean so we slept with the towels at the bottom of the bed on top of us .... LOL ...."

• Travel date: 31st July 2010

Very good for the price

Good
Reviewed 7th November 2012

"much better than I expected for the price, the oly unexpected thing was that the beds seems to be smaller than usual, very good breakfast"

• Travel date: 14th June 2010

You've got to be kidding!

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"We needed a room for one night in Great Yarmouth at the end of our week-long walking holiday to the Norfolk Coast. We booked Fawlty Towers because it was cheap (£36 on laterooms.com) and had decent reviews on this website. Of course we also liked the name! On arrival, we found no one in the hotel. A man finally emerged from somewhere and just stared blankly at us. I introduced myself and my husband and he just said, 'yup, upstairs'. We followed him to 'Manuel's Room' on the first floor. He wiped his nose with his hand, then proceeded to demonstrate the tea making facilities with the same hand. (I have to add this little nugget: 'we don't do breakfasts here, really, but I *could* make you guys something in the morning.' Uh, no thanks, pal! I don't think my tetanus shots are up to date). He left. I looked around the room. I could have cried. Really. I've stayed in some real [--] holes in my life but this one takes the cake. The listing advertised 'recently redecorated rooms'. Wow, 1982 seems like yesterday! Our 'en-suite double' was actually a double bed plus a bunk bed. The bathroom was filthy. No soap. One tiny roll of TP. The radiator was boiling hot and hissing, and the controls had been removed. There were holes in the ceiling. The door couldn't actually be locked without throwing the whole weight of your body against it. But the last straw was the bed. I threw back to covers to reveal the filthiest sheets I've ever seen. I don't want to think about how long the various flecks and stains have been living there, but at least they seemed to be having a damn good time. Unlike me. Since we had already paid for the room in advance, it seemed like a lost cause. But as we were out walking on the quay, we found a lovely hotel that was only £6 more and was everything Fawlty Towers was not--namely clean and welcoming. We went back to Fawlty Towers, grabbed our bags, threw the key in the box, and bolted. Best decision ever."

• Travel date: 14th March 2010

Cheap , so don't expect a lot!

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"Owners were friendly and helpful - no problems there. I guess when you are spending very little money then you have to adjust your expectations - but I have a minimum standard and expect general cleanliness and functional facilities. The bathroom was a little dirty, toilet seat was broken, the bed linen / towels were smelly, Flat sceen TV with no reception, remote contol broken and breakfast was really greasy with the cheapest ingredients. General decour in our room was poor with bodged DIY bathroom and other areas - if you are on a real budget and just loking for a signle night and don't mind the above and don't expect much then this is probably ok - I personally wouldn't return."

• Travel date: 15th August 2009

really freindly inexspensive hotel

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"really freindly family helpful nice room and good food made us really welcome would reccomend to any one."

• Travel date: 11th August 2009

Hilarious experience

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"If you are looking for an inexpensive B & B then look no further. It provided us with the funiest weekend, so much like the programme Fawlty Towers. The owners were very friendly and welcoming."

• Travel date: 10th August 2009

Value for money

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"People who are looking for a inexpensive bed and breakfast hotel in yarmouth need to look no further than Fawlty towers great yarmouth the hotel is a themed hotel on the famouse tv show with the rooms named after the charactors in the show polly/ basil manuel sybil etc this is a very friendly family run hotel the food is very good the hotel is kept to a high standard although the double room we were in did not have a fridge this would have been very usefull there are tea and coffe making facilitys in the room overall this is a very good value for money and friendly hotel and we would defitnaly book this hotel again and recomend it."

• Travel date: 24th August 2008

Hotels near Fawlty Towers

Fawlty Towers is also called

• fawlty hotel great yarmouth