Andover House in Great Yarmouth

• wine champagne
  • bridal suite
  • special diet menus
  • portuguese amenities
  • free public parking nearby
  • adults only amenities
  • latvian amenities

Pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"It was a shame that this was a business trip and I couldn't stay for longer! Very attentive and friendly staff and very good food - I had the pork for dinner and it was truly excellent. The breakfast was one of the best I have had for a long time. I would recommend a stay at the Andover House and would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: 14th July 2009

A diamond in the rough...!

Reviewed 22nd February 2013

"We have just returned from a night staying in this lovely hotel in Great Yarmouth. It really is like finding an oasis in the desert, if we hadn't of been staying here, I think I may have turned around and gone home! As it is a relatively new hotel everything is spotless and beautifully decorated! The service was great and we were allowed to check in early, which is unusual in these smaller guest houses. The restaurant was lovely - the surf and turf was quite possibly the best main course I have ever eaten! My only very tiny criticism would be that the hotel seemed to be pretty empty yet we were placed in a room next to one of only other guests, meaning we could hear them through the thin walls. Other than that, some black-out blinds would have been appreciated, as we had a top floor room and the sun was blinding us at 5am on Sunday morning, which after a few glasses of wine on Saturday night was a bit unwelcome! would absolutely recommend this hotel to every visitor to Great Yarmouth!"

• Travel date: 11th May 2009

overpriced rooms but great restaurant

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Well what can I say other than looks great to start, then you head up the stairs to your room which is small, cold and a shower room which you can't move in. When i asked the chap about changing rooms I was told all the rooms are the same. Take no notice of the five stars it claims to have. This is a five star restaurant with rooms so just expect 2 star hotel standards and your be spot on but i do have to say the restaurant made this say better, would not stay here again but would dine here."

• Travel date: 7th April 2009

\over priced - tiny rooms

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Booked just hours before arrival as this trip was unplanned, no discount for late booking, website showed attractive rooms, described hotel as "boutique". Not what I would call a boutique hotel. Public rooms very pleasant, Bedroom was an average size, pleasantly decorated, the shower room however was tiny, couldn't wash your face in the tiniest sink I've ever seen! Also no heating in the shower room, only a heated towel rail so on a chilly March night it was freezing in there. The shower was a damp squib that kept going either burning hot or freezing cold. On arrival we asked to be reccommended to a bistro type restaurant locally, the receptionist did'nt reccomend his own hotel but sent us to the front of the town that consisted of Fish & Chip shops & Fast food joints. So we went back to the hotel & asked again to be told the hotel had now stopped serving but there was a pleasant Bistro 30 seconds walk from the hotel, we tried there but they too had by then stopped serving. The receptionist could've reccomended either of these places to eat at first ask to us instead of sending us on a 30 minute walk into town & back. Breakfast consisted of cereal, milk but no bowls to eat it from . Concentrated orange juice - no other choice of juice and one croisant. All this for nearly £100 a night - this place is a prime rip off and an example of everything wrong with UK hotels."

• Travel date: 28th March 2009

Lovely Hotel in Great Yarmouth with amazing food!

Reviewed 9th February 2013

"I have just come back from Andover House in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. The hotel has been beautifully done out, good location and the rooms are very pleasant. Our room was a very good size with a lovely bay window from the floor to ceiling. The service is superb, the staff could not do enough for us and they had homemade chocolates and dipped strawberries in the entrance! The restaurant served food out of this world! I had Wild Thetford Forest Venison which was just lovely. The quality of the food was so good that I asked to meet the Head Chef to thank him which I don't normally do. If you are visiting Great Yarmouth, I would definitely recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 28th January 2009

Very impressed!

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"We have just returned from a short stay in Great Yarmouth at Andover House. It is close to the beach, casino and the town. We did go there purely for going to the casino but ended up eating and staying in their restaurant as it was so nice. The room was lovely and the main public areas were exceptional. I honestly don't think there is another bar and restaurant like theirs in Great Yarmouth. Worth a try if your wanting to stay in this town."

• Travel date: 23rd January 2009

Perfect for Great Yarmouth!!!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"I don't think we could have wished for a better hotel in Great Yarmouth! I booked for 2 nights in a standard double and it was just lovely. Everything is brand new with a home from home feel about it. We had a room looking onto the back which was fine and they offered us breakfast in bed because we were on a special trip away from the kids! That was another thing – no children so very peaceful! I agree with all of the other comments about the food. The restaurant was gorgeous and the food was amazing. We had room service one of the nights and even that food was fresh, presented well and very yummy. We ordered a full breakfast to our room on the last morning as a treat and again, it was so beautifully presented. The continental breakfast in the breakfast room was good too, they had fresh croissants, hams, yoghurt's, fruits, different cereals, toasts a full menu with lots of cooked choices."

• Travel date: 22nd January 2009

Probably good for Great Yarmouth

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Lovely bar and restaurant area. I stayed in a single room which was ok, but not worth the £80 tariff, particularly as this doesn't include a cooked breakfast! Only tea and coffee in the room, no de-caf, hot choc, herb teas and no biscuits. No hotel information in the rooms including no fire evacuation/ safety instructions. Probably pretty good hotel for the area and staff were nice, though."

• Travel date: 20th October 2008

Not worth the price

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"One of the most overpriced hotels I have ever been to. Reception area is just a small room with one person checking the guests in. This person is not there quite a lot of the time so checking in and out is a long process. The room we had was a tiny corner room with a view at the back of the building where the kichen is so we had a pleasure of hearing the conversation of the kichen staff at 1 in the morning. Don’t believe pretty pictures on their website - it doesn't look at all like that. Our room was so small it was hard to walk there without hitting the bed. Breakfast - nothing special. It is cereal, milk and juice. Not worth the price we paid."

• Travel date: 16th October 2008

food excellent

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"the food was delicious, seabass with asparagas. staff polite and pleasant. possibly the best in great yarmouth. peroni on draught"

• Travel date: 3rd September 2008