Exterior view

Good

We first stayed here 2 years ago when we...

Reviewed 24th January 2008

"We first stayed here 2 years ago when we got bumped from the Wembley Hilton. Unlike the Hilton, at the Ibis we received a friendly reception from willing staff, and had an enjoyable stay. So when we had a concert at the Arena to attend last year, the Ibis was our first port of call. The car park was too small for our estate to squeeze into so we paid £15 for overnight parking at the Hilton (unbelievable I know, but there was nowhere else). Our room at the Ibis was clean and functional with a view over the new Wembley Stadium. It was hot so we kept the windows open (as far as they would open) all the time, but we were on the 7th floor so weren't worried. The hotel was buzzing with Pearl Jam fans arriving from all over the world and the atmosphere was great. We ate in the hotel's restaurant, a 3 course event meal for £10. We thought it would be pretty poor, but the main course pizza looked homemade and was huge, as was the sponge pudding for dessert. We left stuffed! The bar area downstairs is only small, so after the concert was over there was a long queue for drinks and a struggle to find a chair, but the staff were efficient and professional in dealing with everyone. We had a comfortable night's sleep and had a terrific buffet breakfast next morning. The Ibis will always be our first choice if we need to stay at Wembley in the future, but I think for a longer stay than overnight the rooms lack character and comfort. But then again the price is always reasonable, and booking through Superbreak you get breakfast included in the rate. "

• Travel date: 24th January 2008

Excellent - value for money :o)

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"We stayed in the Ibis in London whilst watching Snow Patrol at the the Arena - who I have to say were excellent too!! :o) We decided to stay at the Ibis instead of the Plaza after reading the reviews about it on your website - and I'm glad we made that choice. The room was far better than i was expecting - it was well sized considering there was two of us and the views from the 11th floor were amazing. The en-suite was decently sized too - and the shower was quite powerful considering we were 11 floors up. The staff were friendly - altho they could have done with more help on the bar when we all returned from the concert. The location for the Arena was excellent, with it being just a 5min walk away. We would recomend the Ibis to anyone, and stay there again. We also ate at Nando's restaurant in the eveing too, which was great. We had a great time."

• Travel date: 20th December 2006

great place to stay

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"Well what a place - everybody is trying to get out of wembley arena after the concert and all you have to do is walk 5mins and your in the hotel having a drink at the bar while its madness outside - rooms r great - the only prob no onsite carpark but you can get car in the arena car park for £10.00 and its not far to walk x"

• Travel date: 19th December 2006

Should be more than 2 star!

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"If you are looking for a hotel that is convenient to Wembley Arena & Stadium (five minute walk) and at a reasonable/affordable price, then Hotel Ibis is the one to choose! I definitely will stay here again when I next attend a music concert at Wembley. The Ibis celebrates it's close proximity to Wembley arena. The main reception bar/lounge walls are adorned with music-memorabilia posters and electric guitars as well as full-screen Sky television airing predominantly music channels. Upstairs in the restaurant there are two amazing life size models of the Blues Brothers in full swing - just to get you in the mood for music! The Ibis is very reasonably priced. It is also very clean, modern and run by very friendly staff. The buffet breakfast is excellent, eat until you are full - fab choice too. Lunchtime bar snacks and evening meals also extremely good and, again, very reasonably priced. You won't feel compelled to eat outside the hotel in order to save yourself a few pounds. The average price of an evening meal at the Ibis is around £6 and competitive with any outside pub, cafe/small restaurant menu. Let me just conclude, I can hardly believe the Ibis is only ranked as a 2 star hotel...it deserves to be higher and is far better than next door's Hilton Plaza which is quite a shoddy hotel by comparison. Hotel Ibis is now firmly on my "Best London Hotel in Wembley" list and I really can't wait until I stay there again. You won't regret booking this hotel, I promise you. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: 1st December 2006

No frills; no complaints!

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"We recently stayed at the Ibis whilst attending a concert at the Arena, and would recommend it to anyone attending an event at one of the Wembley sites. Our 12th floor room had a terrific view of the adjoining stadium (still under construction but looking good) and was only 5 minutes walk from the Arena. As we came out of the concert into the drizzly rain in was great to be such a short distance from our accommodation. We booked the Ibis rather than the Plaza on the basis of the comments on this website and we are glad we did. Although the room is "no frills", it is much more spacious than many other hotels we have stayed in, in London or other major cities. Although there is no bath, the shower room was perfectly adequate (the shower cubicle itself is actually quite large), and spotlessly clean (as was the bedroom). The bed was a decent size; there was space to hang clothes; a colour TV, and tea and coffee making facilities. The hotel benefits from being new, and overall looks much cleaner than the tired-looking Plaza (we went into the Plaza reception to pay for our parking - see below). One thing to note is that there is no parking at the hotel, you can park at the Wembley Plaza next door but this costs £10 so you need to factor this into the cost of your stay. Similarly, breakfast is not included in the price but you can do what we did and pack some croissants in your overnight bag and enjoy your own breakfast in bed."

• Travel date: 23rd November 2006

Very good value

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"We stayed at the Ibis on November 11 and 12 and found it excellent for attending a concert. Very short walk to the Arena and not far from Tube stations. Rooms were clean, bed comfortable and breakfast very pleasant. In addition, the staff, who have come in for criticism in some reviews here, were very helpful and friendly. OK, some of them don't have English as a first language, but they kept their cool very well when confronted with long post-concert queues at the bar."

• Travel date: 13th November 2006

Good stay(s)

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"I stayed recently at the Ibis London Wembley and have stayed there a few times in the past. The hotel is conveniently located for Wembley Stadium and you can get into central London fairly easily by train or bus should you choose. Though the Wembley area is close by, there is little there to get excited about and if you are a visitor to the area, better to head into the centre of London. Some good Indian restaurants nearby - Wembley Tandoori & Taste of India to name two. Just ask at reception. A bright, cheerful, simple hotel at a decent price."

• Travel date: 24th October 2006

This hotel is a great choice for Wembley...

Reviewed 3rd October 2006

"This hotel is a great choice for Wembley concert and conferences. It's a bit far out from central London but there's two underground stations and a mainline station within easy reach. It's pretty basic accommodation but all you really need and the room was spotlessly clean. The staff were friendly and parking was good although there's a small charge for this."

• Travel date: 3rd October 2006

Superb location, ok hotel

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"We stayed here last week (Sept 06) for the McFly concert. The hotel is situated opposite the new Wembley stadium and is about 5 minutes walk from the Arena itself. It is very well located for events at the Arena, and matches when the stadium opens. When we arrived there was nowhere to park the car, so we had to abandon it infront of the hotel doors whilst we go into Reception and ask where to park. The female receptionist directed us but unfortunately their contract with the car park has run out, so parking is £10 per day. Pricey pricey pricey. The hotel itself is very, what I would call: "Americanised". This is in no way against America, but it is filled with statues of musical artists, bright colours and loud noises. A little tacky in my view. But it was clean and respectable. Receptionist was polite and friendly, although she seemed a little scared to talk to me. When asking for details of train times she just gave me a sheet with times on but no communication. We got what we wanted, but some sort of contact would have been nice. The exterior of the rooms seemed like a cheap ferry but thankfully that's not where your time is spent! The room itself was fine. Light, clean, and the bathroom was nice. The shower was superb! The best part of the stay for me! I used it three times in the space of 24 hours! Not bad! We had a view of the stadium from our window, and as an English football fan, this was facinating. The stadium is stunning, and gives very nice views. On a clear day you can see the London Eye from the rooms! As well as other landmarks in Central london. The nearest tube station is Wemlbey Central, about 10 minutes walk from the hotel through "downtown" wembley. It was fairly nice. Just a typical London area. Multicultural and vibrant. One disasterous point. At 9am, we were woken up by housekeeping entering our room, then rushing out again. This was AFTER I called reception the night before asking if this was going to happen. The reply I got was "no of course not". We did not put a "Do not disturb" sign up as we did not feel this was necessary. They can see in the system that we have not checked out, they could have rang us or even KNOCKED before entering if they had too, and what's more the receptionist TOLD us this would not happen! Argh! It was very embarrassing. In summary: Good points: Location, bathroom, room views Bad points: No room service, no 24 hour food available, very pricey internet (50p for 5 minutes), no car parking on site (£10 nearest car park), nosey housekeeping, uncomfortable beds, quite unhelpful staff. I'd recommend this to people who don't expect much for a fairly big price on an event night."

• Travel date: 27th September 2006

Excellent value & good for car travellers

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"The hotel is excellent value for money. It is very central to Wembley and Wemley Central train station (£4.50 return to Marylebone). Room very new clean and quiet location. Breakfast (4.95) good value for the area. Staff very pleasent and helpfull. Car park behind hotel just £5 day, very good value for us with a car. Down side is it is 20min walk to Tube station (£5.40 off peak all day zones 1-4) and we needed to use the tube so we got some good excersice (walking off the breakfast!). Also hotel a bit hard to find as South Way is closed while the stadium is being built so we had to follow a diversion and went straight past the hotel without knowing it was there. Quite busy town centre location. Overall we would stay there again as it is such good value for London and the car parking is great value too."

• Travel date: 28th August 2006

Rude chap at check in

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"I booked this hotel well in advance in 2004 to see Madonna . The booking process was easy enough on the website and I printed out my confirmation etc to show at check-in at the hotel. I arrived at 3pm after travelling for five hours by train from Cornwall and was met by a most unpleasant chap at check in who greeted me with "photo ID" I said I didn't have any photo ID but I did have my confirmation letter from the website...again, a blank look from him and "no photo ID, no coming in" I now started to panic as I was in Wembley four hours before a Madonna concert with nowhere to stay. I tried to reason with him saying that at no point was I told on the website that I needed to bring photo Id and I had just travelled all the way from Cornwall..I had cash cards etc with my name on but he was having none of it and insisted on photo Id. I could not believe that we had travelled all this way to be refused entry over something I had no knowledge about and we went next door to the Wembley Plaza in the hope of a room. The guy at the check in there was brilliant and said it was disgusting that we had been refused entry over something so trivial after travelling such a long way..we managed to get one of the last few rooms but had to pay in excess of £100. The guy at the Ibis had no customer service skills whatsoever and would have happily seen us out on the streets for the night as he was a right 'jobsworth'. warning to anyone staying there on concert nights...BRING PHOTO ID!!!"

• Travel date: 6th August 2006