Edward - Newly Refurbished March 2016 -Superior King-Size Double 2nd Floor

• desk

Good

Simply The Best

Reviewed 23rd February 2013

"Without a doubt, this is the best hotel we have stayed at. Everything about our stay was wonderful, from the room to the breakfast to the warm and friendly welcome we received from Steve and Tracy. We will definitely be back!"

• Travel date: 20th May 2009

Can't improve on perfection .....

Reviewed 22nd February 2013

"Just returned from our seventh visit to the Ambassador! (better than a second home) Family members have already booked future visits and we hope to return ourselves for some Christmas shopping. Southport is an excellent centre whatever your interests and Steve and Tracy are the perfect hosts. Don't miss out on this little gem."

• Travel date: 16th May 2009

Second to none

Reviewed 13th May 2009

"Never been to Southport before but this B & B would certainly draw us back there again. Genuine warm welcome from genuine owners with plenty of detail and advice on the amenities and the locality. Warm comfortable,, clean bedrooms and beds with again excellent attention to detail in the rooms. Great breakfasts rustled up by Steve, fantastic choice of menu and served beautifully by the divine Tracy, what more could you ask! Ideally located in the centre of Southport and if there is a better B & B in Southport, I'll eat my hat - excellent value for money and the best B & B we've stayed in for a very long time. Thanks to Steve and Tracy we had a brilliant stay & we shall return! Terry and Helen Byrne"

• Travel date: 13th May 2009

Superb

Reviewed 24th February 2013

"We couldn't fault anything - the hospitality, cleanliness, attention to detail, comfort, friendliness and food were absolutely first rate. Great location and very convenient for Floral Hall Conference Centre. Best scrambled eggs I've ever had in a hotel."

• Travel date: 22nd April 2009

I like staying here - it's like being at home

Reviewed 25th February 2013

"We stayed in Southport as a base for a family "get together". We had 2 rooms, one for our children and one for us. My wife and kids had stayed before, so it came highly recommended. The welcome was warm, even though the weather was bad and we were late on a Friday. Rooms were very well furnished, each one with it's own style. The breakfast was extremely good, with a huge range of choices. Whilst we did not make the most of the town while we were there, the hotel is very well placed, being only 2 minutes walk from either Lord street (with good shopping and restaurants), or the pier. Parking can sometimes be an issue, although there is a fixed price (£3) car park just across the street if there is no space at the hotel. This is why it loses a point for location. The hotel does get booked quickly, so if you're planning a trip, I'd book well in advance. One of our kids liked it so much, she said "I like staying here, it's like being at home". Highly recommended."

• Travel date: 21st April 2009

Excellent accomodation

Reviewed 10th February 2013

"Quality - the furnishings, the rooms, beds, you name it - all spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Steve and Tracy have very high standards and are excellent hosts, very knowledgeable about Southport's attractions. Highly recommended - we're already booked in for Easter."

• Travel date: 25th February 2009

A B&B treat!

Reviewed 14th February 2013

"I was recently attending a conference and could't get a room in one of the big hotels - and I'm glad that I didn't. The Ambassador is a two minute walk from the conference centre and also near the sea and all the shops. It was welcoming and friendly without being over the top. The breakfasts were fantastic and the rooms immaculate. There were several other people staying who were also attending the conference and they all felt the same. I cannot recommend highly enough."

• Travel date: 24th February 2009

More like a boutique hotel than a seaside B & B

Reviewed 13th February 2013

"I was greeted by name on arrival by Steve when I arrived at the fabulous Ambassador Townhouse for my attendance at a three-day conference. A stones throw from the Floral Hall conference centre and walking distance from the railway station, I couldn't have been happier with the location. The public areas were clean and bright with a boho chic feel to the decor and furnishings. Steve showed me to my spacious first floor room, complete with king sized bed and sumptuous soft furnishings and linens and top quality toiletries in the en suite shower room. Breakfast was delicious, hot and freshly prepared with service and quality more fitting to a five star hotel. Tracy and Steve have thought of everything.... emergency box of stuff you may forget, hairdryer, use of nearby health club, honesty bar in comfortable and stylish lounge. Choose The Ambassador Townhouse for their pamper weekends or just for a seaside break and great shops."

• Travel date: 21st February 2009

5* B&B

Reviewed 22nd February 2013

"Stayed here for a few days in a twin room with my mother. Room was as good as described and shown on their website. Excellent breakfast; one of the best cooked breakfasts I have had. Nothing was too much trouble for the hosts. Good location."

• Travel date: 11th November 2008