About Pontins Southport Holiday Park

• microwave
  • game room
  • shops amenities
  • snack bar
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • kid friendly buffet
  • evening entertainment
  • entertainment staff
  • karaoke
  • mini golf
  • indoor play area for children
  • kids outdoor play equipment

5Stars for all the staff that work hard

Reviewed 9 months ago

"Look people then5stars out/5 goes on the Entertainiment always there from am till gone midnight not on much pay this is not 1st class holiday park or 5star hotel. I have always madethe most of it. Matters not
if curtains don't match ur there give kids a good time."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of November 2018

brillant for short vacation

Reviewed 10 months ago

"nice clean rooms welcoming staff loverly views highly recommed for a short vacation loverly place to visit and shop highly recommed the gallery cafe in southport towncentre its very clean excellent customer service"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2018

Awful, dirty, badly run.

Reviewed Sun 26th of August 2018

"I can now see why this place is so cheap. I cant think of one good thing to say about Southport Pontins. Staff were very unhelpful and everything seems like a chore to them. Chalet had dirty floors that had never been mopped and we didnt want kids sitting on it and made then wear socks all the time. Walls in bedroom covered in snot and brown stuff? smeared all over. Mattresses stained and old. The resort itself was dirty and did not look as though it is cleaned at all. We went in the arcade and a lot of the machines were not working properly or some not at all. Half the advertised activities were closed. Food was non exsistant at night. The food cabin didnt stock most of what they advertised and took too long to get. We went to restuarant at 7.30pm to be told that they had stopped serving. Swimming pool was ok but very tired looking, not enough changing facilities so people using toilets. Beach was nice though and only a 2 min walk. I would say never want to go back here."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2018

Not fit for purpose

Reviewed Wed 18th of July 2018

"Just came back today 7/7/18. We arrived on the evening after a long hot car ride. The reception area wasn't friendly and not very informative. When we did find our deluxe apartment amongst the concrete 2 storey buildings we were horrified to find in this day and age the steps we had to climb where concrete and gaps so very unsafe for my autistic daughter who has poor muscle tone and my 2 year old who is still a bit unsteady on his feet. The room we was given smelt of damp the curtain in the room was hanging off half the cutlery was missing the tv was old and no remote and volume button broke. The beds were put next to the windows which aren't double glazed or safety glass all wardrobe doors were removed. The sofa bed had sharp staples on the back and my husband cut his hand on it. The worst part was at night kids were running pass our window screaming at 11pm also fighting broke out on the play field in the middle which also was late on. This scared my child. The food is rubbish and taste less and very limited menu. The rides outside and in the arcades were old and noisy and in need of making safe as sharp holes were visible.
We got there on the 6th at about 6.30pm and left the next morning at 8.pm no one slept and my children were very grumpy and my daughter's stress levels were high and here self harming was high ie hitting and nipping herself.
All I will say is this if you go please have low expectations and you may enjoy it but it wasn't for us."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2018

Pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed Sat 7th of April 2018

"After all the bad reviews I had read before arriving at Pontins, Southport, I had very low expectations and I was actually dreading going. Me, my partner and our 1 year old daughter actually had an amazing time. All the staff are very talented, friendly, great with the kids and helpful. The entertainment was spot on and all the kids loved it and got involved, we all looked forward to the evening entertainment and the shows the staff put on were really entertaining for all ages. They give you a timetable of everything that's on for that week you stay for, which was really useful. The accommodation wasn't the best but it had everything you needed to eat, sleep and get ready in, what else would you need it for when there is so much to do on the park? The surrounding area, the beaches, town centre and coasts were beautiful and perfect if you fancy a day out away from the park. The actual park had many play areas, a very good swimming pool, football pitch and lots of bouncy castles for the kids to go on and that's not even everything available! I think the reviews I first read about Pontins were really unfair and came from people who had extremely high expectations for what they paid for. You get more than what you pay for with the staff and entertainment. Honestly, don't be put off by the bad reviews, we throughly enjoyed our stay and will return next summer. Your holiday is what you make of it, if you don't go out and participate in all the things they provide then that's your problem. Again, we really enjoyed it and was really pleasantly surprised."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2017

Not as bad as everyone says

Reviewed Tue 24th of April 2018

"We go to pontins Southport all the time we've probably been 8 times in the past two years it's just a short train ride from me every time we've been the staff have been on point there all very lovely there no problems with the staff or entertainment last time we went in Feb 2017 it was crazy it was fight night haye V bellew everyone was steaming and kicking off even seen bouncers twisting someone up so did my 4year old son was quite disturbing it hasn't stopped me booking again going again in three weeks all I'd say is go home early saves kids seeing things they shouldn't, yes the accommodation is very old and outdated and i suggest taking some bleach just to go over toliet and bathroom​ but you get what you pay for entertainment on point bluecoats keep my kids entertained for hours my boys love it don't let the reviews put you off you don't know till you've tried it yourself."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of March 2017

Terrible place

Reviewed Fri 28th of October 2016

"Given keys to flat to find pots on drainer, food on floor, admitted not been cleaned,after it was quickly cleaned found it to be filthy ruined holiday, been emailing management asking for refund all I got was offer of a reduction on future holiday, would not enter that place again!"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of October 2016

80's weekend

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2016

"Just returned from an 80's weekend at Southport Pontins, had a brilliant time. Apartment was excellent and clean (although we did upgrade to a Club apartment). Staff were really friendly and helpful. Entertainment was 10/10."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2016

Camber Sands Pontins review

Reviewed Tue 27th of September 2016

"To show how disgusting Pontins really is I am going to post the same email I sent to Pontins following my early departure: "Dear Sir/ Madam,

My name is Charlie ******* and the reason I am writing is because after weeks of excitement of looking forward to having a week away at Pontins Camber Sands I regret to say I am disgusted and disappointed in how my time went due to bad service from staff as well as lack of cleanliness (health and safety) in my room ( yellow zone 346.)
Upon arrival I felt I was going to have a fantastic time with lots of family friendly activities as well as a family friendly environment. All was well until I opened the door to my room (yellow zone 346) on 1/8/2016 at around 4pm, the first thing I noticed was a 3 inch hole in the bottom of my door in which mice and rats can easily fit through. Although I find this unacceptable I was willing to bite my tongue and not allow it to ruin my time at Pontins camber sands until I had noticed that the bedding in my room was incorrect.I was given two double quilts and one single instead of two singles and one double, not a major problem for myself but i can't help but question the competence of staff if they are unable to get something so simple wrong. We were also given one old and worn pillow each which were as thin as a sheet of paper I then proceeded into the bathroom to find human feces smeared on the bathroom walls. On top of all this the TV provided in our room was more static than the picture as well as the furniture being inaccessible due to damage prior to our arrival. After finding the state of my room and being unable to unpack my suitcase due to damaged furniture I had just had enough and had to leave the room as I did not want it to ruin my holiday. I went to get something to eat for dinner I went to the Queen Vic pub for a drink and something to eat I asked the barmaid if they sold food and she said yes I asked if she had a menu and she replied it's about somewhere, as she looked around the room after about 3-4mins of walking around looking for a menu I gave up and went back to the barmaid I spoke to and asked what food they sold just to be given a very blunt answer of toasties and nuts, as I wanted something more substantial i decided to wait until mamma's pizza shop opened ( meant to be 6pm) so I just ordered a drink for myself and my family in which I ordered a desperadoes a OJ and a cranberry juice. The barmaid gave me a small glass bottle of cranberry and did not offer to put a slice of lime in my desperadoes so after having to ask the bar maid for a glass with ice for my cranberry and a slice of lime for my desperadoes as well as being told I have to look for the menu myself I decided I wont be going back to the Queen Vic, as i felt staff was rude, unprofessional and more interested in chatting to colleagues than serving paying customers so i had my first and my last drink in there before having a walk around and going back to my room to get ready for the evening entertainment. That is when I noticed there were no fittings on any of the taps in the bathroom and the kitchen. After getting ready we went back to the mamma's pizza shop around 6.30pm to find it was still closed so instead we went to the fun factory to get some bingo tickets and two pens, half way through the bingo 1 of the pens I had just bought for £1 run out which meant I fell behind on the numbers on bingo which effectively cost me £10 pound on the money I spent on the bingo tickets potentially costing my up to £1200 if the ticket I had was a winner!
Due to me being unable to continue with the bingo thanks to being sold a broken pen ten minutes prior to this I went to get my dinner back at the pizza shop at around 7.30 in which I had to wait approximately ten minutes to get served after placing my order of two margarita pizzas at £7.50 each totaling to £15 pounds. I asked roughly how long it would take in which I was told approximately 15-20mins...45 minutes later the man who was serving and cooking presented me with two burnt pizzas and asked if they were ok I replied no but they will have to do as now it was around 8.30 and neither myself or my family had not eaten since 10am. I was not prepared to wait another 45mins for him to re cook another two pizzas after spending an hour away from my family of what should have been 15mins. I finally got back to my family in the boiling hot
no air condition fun factory where we all grabbed a slice of burnt pizza. My 6 year old daughter took her first bite and instantly screamed and dropped the slice were the pizza was so hot it blistered the cave of her mouth. In the UK there are legal requirements and legislation's put in place to prevent businesses from selling food above a certain temperature to prevent children burning themselves, which is exactly what has happened in this case. After an extremely disappointing first night we decided to go back to our room for an early night to have a fresh start the next day 2/8/2016. Waking up on the Tuesday morning was extremely unpleasant as we had a horrible draft in the room as the air was getting in through the big hole in our front door as well as all having sore necks from each having only one wafer thin pillow each and also having bad backs due to the mattress having nearly all busted springs.The kitchen utensils were filthy and there was much to use in the kitchen just a baking tray 3 spoons and a fork. That morning we went to see what there was to do (not much) due to weather (light drizzle on and off ) most activities were no longer available and no alternative activities were put in place we were left with little choice but to go to the arcade to be greeted with yet another Pontins disaster. All the 2p and 10p change machines were out of service and there was again no alternative option to get change so yet again this resulted in having nothing to do but go to the restaurant near the arcade to get some lunch yet again like everything else so far even this became a problem. We paid for 2 adult meals and one child meal totaling £18, we had no issues with the kids meal but unfortunately I can't say the same for the two adults meals. We ordered two jacket potatoes which was meant to come with both chips and salad, when the lady serving gave me my order all she gave me was the two potatoes. When I asked her if it came with salad and chips she looked at me with a blank face and said I don't know then asked a colleague who said yes. I then asked for it and she replied that neither chips or salad was ready. I was extremely dissatisfied and as I paid full price I expect to get a full meal not half. Once leaving the restaurant I went straight to reception to lodge all my complaints I was refunded the money for the two adult meals and one kids meal and ensured that my room would be sorted ASAP. This how ever was not the case. After so many problems at Pontins I felt I had little option but to seek entertainment and look for something to do near by in Rye and Hastings. Later that day we returned to Ppotins to find our room had not been sorted there was still human feces on the walls a hole in the door and the room was still in the same disgusting way as when we left it. After two very bad days on what was meant to be a relaxing break at Pontins we decided to have another early night we woke on 3/8/16 to find a giant puddle of water in the bathroom running all the way to the front room, weather the water had came in from a burst pipe or leaked in through the 3inch hole in the front door I don't know all i know is that the first two days i had experienced bad service from staff disgusting cleanliness in the room and no staff taking complaints seriously. I had paid a lot of money for my stay at Pontins for 5 days 4 nights but on the 2nd morning of being there I had enough and went straight to reception to check out. The lady at reception did not care nor question why I was leaving the resort 3days and 2 nights early. I find this extremely unprofessional and if I were at Potters Center Parcs or Butlins I believe staff would query why I was checking out so early and insist on rectifying any issue from preventing me from leaving the CAMBER SANDS PONTINS RESORT. I have very fond memories of Pontins from when I was a child as we used to go every summer, I wanted to give my child the same enjoyable memories I had when I was a child at your resort but unfortunately it seems as if standards have dropped so much I had to leave 3days and 2 nights early and me and my family have to wait another year before we get to go on holiday again and I ensure you I will never stay at Pontins again nor would I recommend it to anybody. We may try Center Parcs were I might be made to feel welcome and be shown good customer service.
I hope to hear from you soon with a possible solution and a sincere apology."
Would you believe that Pontins write back to me saying how basically this was just an isolated incident and how they take my complaint very serious and are very sorry and to compensate me the gave me a very generous offer of 25% off my next stay within the next year !!!! Obviously I replied with a most obvious question " why would I pay to go back to a place that I wasn't able to stay in last time just so YOU can prove to me that your resort is worth going back to ? They replied offering 50% discount and not answering my question to which I made a request for a refund for the time I was not there and had payed to this the reply they gave was the same as before 50% off and an apology obviously I refused as wouldn't want to waste the petrol the money and most importantly my time if u are thinking of booking don't go even on a budget I've been to better campsites for less and your shore to get better Cleanliness in a campsite communal shower block then u would in a room at Pontins ."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2016

not as bad as some say

Reviewed Mon 26th of September 2016

"Pontins is a bit old style. but we go there to eat and sleep and go out. the cook Dave is such a helpful man. as for the food well I could not fault it. he is serving hundreds of people at once. no its not a top restaurant but the food is very good. the entertainment was o.k. the chalet was clean and bright. but your not paying for a five star hotel. the staff are mainly non British but they are there to do a job that most people don't want. its easy to slag off a place but if you want a good break at a price that all can afford then give it a go. we have been going to different Pontins camps for more than 35 years. you get more than you pay for. then with kids its brilliant. "

• Travel date: Fri 16th of September 2016

You get what you pay for

Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2016

"Read previous reviews . Mostly bad. But on a tight budget. Thought would use just as a base .how wrong I was. Yes you have to wait for your keys. Thirty minutes . No biggie. Our chalet was fine. We took our own linen. Chalet was spotless. Micro. And fridge looked like new. I had 2 teenagers and Nan in tow they loved it. Plenty if entertainment. The pool and area clean as clean. (Can't believe other reviews !) Night entertainment cheesy but good. Took our own food so didn't use on site food places. Staff pleasant. Security was good.five minutes walk from a fabulous beach. Internet in all public areas wasn't at all . But the teenagers soon found best areas. Overall we had a great family holiday. And 99 pound for five days in school holidays , a bargain."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of September 2016

Both Revolting And Plainly Dangerous

Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2016

"We stayed in Pontins Southport during the half term break in February and it must be said both me and my family thought that it was the most revolting and dangerous holiday we had ever had.

Upon arrival at the park blatantly rude staff who understood very little English told us that check in was delayed by 1 hour from 2pm to 3pm yet we were not provided with a reason as to why the latter was delayed.

Attempting to keep 4 children entertained for 1 hour was quite a bore and people would just join the queue wherever they felt like and when we told them that they were pushing in they simply grunted and told us to mind our own business

So finally after a hour and three quarters wait we checked in and thankfully the check in staff were efficient and courteous and they are the only reason that this 'holiday park' avoided a 1 rating from me

As soon as we opened the door into our club apartment we all wished we had not done the latter.

The apartment had an overpowering smell of mold and surprise surprise the rest of the apartment was no improvement.

The bathroom was in a word filthy and so was the kitchenette, living room and bedrooms.

I thanked God we had the common sense to bring our own bedding because the mattresses provided smelled strongly of human waste and I strongly doubted the linen that was buy able was going to be much improvement.

Also I should mention that the carpets were filthy and had stains of God only knows what on it.

So naturally we headed to reception to ask that the cleaner sort out our apartment.

The reception staff were polite and said that a cleaner would be with us as soon as possible.

We waited an hour for the cleaner to show up before realizing we were never going to get one and so we went out and bough cleaning supplies an blitzed the apartment.

After this we realized that we needed to head to get our meal and since we had booked half board and our color of wristband was red we needed to be there right then

So we hurried to the dining hall only to find that people from the previous sitting were not even finished yet.

So this lead to another 30 min wait.

When we FINALLY got our meal we were left wishing we hadn't because me and my entire family agreed that we had never eaten anything so repulsive in our lives.

The meat was under cooked chips were overlooked to a crisp and everything else was simply disgusting.

So after an evening of 'entertainment' mainly comprising of a short cabaret and a extremely long disco we decided that it was the last straw.

We may have been able to do something about the apartment but nothing could be done about the dismal food and entertainment

So at 9 pm we all packed our bags back up piled into the car, turned in our key at reception and ran for it.

So after a 5 hour long drive earlier that day we had another one ahead of us.

We arrived home bitter at 3am and all of us simply saying

"Never again""

• Travel date: Thu 1st of September 2016

Hotels near Pontins Southport Holiday Park

Top traveller tips for Pontins Southport Holiday Park

• katiejs by katiejs

"Albert Docks had fantastic views. "

• izzy-claire by izzy-claire

"Southport Pier, Splash World "

• WeLovePontins&SDx by WeLovePontins&SDx

"Go ahead and see if you agree! "

•  S Meakin by  S Meakin

"A good value holiday park style holiday "

• purplepottsey by purplepottsey

"Do not go you will not be happy "

• Outofpocket by Outofpocket

"get refund before you go and book elsewhere "

• The Barefoots by The Barefoots

"Lovely place to stay,strongly recommend "

• pontinslover! by pontinslover!

"Just this holiday is the best and i want to be there all the time "

• dragonfly by dragonfly

"Prison would be better "

• SRiches by SRiches

"Southport great for the weekend but avoid pontins "

• razey by razey

"ok for a cheap hol you get what you pay for "

• kaz by kaz

"fatastic place to go to "

• buzz by buzz

"Unless they improve dont book club rooms but class "

• g by g

"please please dont go "

• lookon the bright side by lookon the bright side

"get out of pontins for a look around the area "

• Happy by Happy

"fantastic dont listen to these people "

• linziloo by linziloo

"Its basic but clean. Use as a base and enjoy southport "

• Seanny by Seanny

"Great Value for Money "

• sam by sam

"If u value your health dont go! "

• pleasedontgo by pleasedontgo

"Dont Go avoid it at all costs "

Pontins Southport Holiday Park is also called